Photoshoot With My Trainer's Grand Prix Horse! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests > Horse Pictures

Photoshoot With My Trainer's Grand Prix Horse!

This is a discussion on Photoshoot With My Trainer's Grand Prix Horse! within the Horse Pictures forums, part of the Horse Pictures, Videos, Artwork, and Contests category

    Like Tree22Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-07-2013, 04:24 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    Yes please, tell us how to get the black background? I've always wanted to know!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-07-2013, 09:51 PM
      #12
    Trained
    What a handsome boy your trainers horse is
    I love his bay color
         
        02-07-2013, 10:20 PM
      #13
    Weanling
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing they were outside pictures that you just crop the photo out very carefully and then fade out the back end of the horse. That would be my strategy lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-07-2013, 11:03 PM
      #14
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by blush    
    ^^ thanks guys!

    The edits turned out great, I personally liked the 3rd and 4th one the best but the group liked the 1st haha. I'm hoping to do another photoshoot with Robbie when he's better. :)

    It's amazing how differently the final product looks from the original - I'll dig up the un-edited pics and I'm sure you'll be shocked at the difference!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Where do you board Blush? Maybe we can set something up.
         
        02-08-2013, 09:28 AM
      #15
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Bridgertrot    
    I could be wrong but I'm guessing they were outside pictures that you just crop the photo out very carefully and then fade out the back end of the horse. That would be my strategy lol
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I've also heard that some people will walk the horse's head out of the barn aisle and leave the aisle dark, not sure EXACTLY how you would do it though!
         
        02-08-2013, 09:37 AM
      #16
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Almond Joy    
    I've also heard that some people will walk the horse's head out of the barn aisle and leave the aisle dark, not sure EXACTLY how you would do it though!
    That's what I did, I'm not much for photo editing. I feel like a lot of photographers are not so much photographers, but good photo editors. The only thing I tweak on mine is the brightness, contrast, saturation, and straightening. The photo came out nice, but you can still see the little bit if the run in. I'm guessing you need something deep and the sun angle can't be to low, otherwise it would illuminate the shed. I would think you need to increase the shutter speed too.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-08-2013, 09:38 AM
      #17
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by My2Geldings    
    Where do you board Blush? Maybe we can set something up.
    She's at our barn!
         
        02-08-2013, 09:39 AM
      #18
    Green Broke
    Here is the one I did, contrast and brightness had to be played with, otherwise the beams would have been visible.

    Cora by ~HHeim02 on deviantART
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-08-2013, 09:41 AM
      #19
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SlideStop    
    That's what I did, I'm not much for photo editing. I feel like a lot of photographers are not so much photographers, but good photo editors. The only thing I tweak on mine is the brightness, contrast, saturation, and straightening. The photo came out nice, but you can still see the little bit if the run in. I'm guessing you need something deep and the sun angle can't be to low, otherwise it would illuminate the shed. I would think you need to increase the shutter speed too.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    I've only achieved the photo effect twice myself.. I'm curious now to try a bit harder. I may have sweet talked my fiancÚ into coming out this weekend with my SLR... *ponders*

    Nice pics, Blush!!
         
        02-08-2013, 10:02 AM
      #20
    Trained
    Great pictures for sure, but I disagree that your the only good photographer there lol
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Grand Prix Show Coat help! RahneShadow Horse Show Clothing 2 12-14-2012 02:52 PM
    Grand Prix! Jessskater Horse Videos 6 09-30-2011 11:28 PM
    FS: Grand Prix Show Jacket ThealovesLondon Tack and Equipment Classifieds 1 06-18-2011 06:24 PM
    WEF grand prix videos? dally Horse Shows 1 03-10-2011 01:53 PM
    Grand Prix.. Any tips?! justjump Jumping 22 01-30-2011 04:46 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:26 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0