Sour is FINALLY driving! - Page 2 - The Horse Forum
 17Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 20 Old 04-04-2012, 05:40 PM Thread Starter
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
Thank you!

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.
Endiku is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 06:04 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,846
• Horses: 1
OMG I just stumbled across this thread!!!!!!!!!!!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!! She looks amazing and you must be so proud! I'm proud and I don't even know the mare!!!!

Wooohoo!

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #13 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 01:13 PM Thread Starter
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
awww, thankyou! her breastcollar came in two days ago so I hooked her up again yesterday and we did some obstacle work. I even talked her into going over the bridge! Such a nice little cart horse she's turning out to be.
Skyseternalangel likes this.

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.
Endiku is offline  
post #14 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 01:25 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Calgary Alberta, Canada
Posts: 34
• Horses: 1
oh thats cool
Horserider4ev is offline  
post #15 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 08:24 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,846
• Horses: 1
She just needed some help.. and you're absolutely the right person she needed to find! Wow.. she's going to give all those other cart horses a run for their money :P

Can't wait to see more pictures and hear of her progress!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku View Post
awww, thankyou! her breastcollar came in two days ago so I hooked her up again yesterday and we did some obstacle work. I even talked her into going over the bridge! Such a nice little cart horse she's turning out to be.

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #16 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
That means a lot to me, it really does. I was wondering for the longest time if I was just ruining her, since I wasn't seeing much progress. Now though? I ought to change her name! xD I'm so blessed to have a good trainer though, and a very forgiving little horse. I do make my share of rookie mistakes, thats for sure!
Skyseternalangel likes this.

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.
Endiku is offline  
post #17 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 11:16 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,846
• Horses: 1
Aww we need a big hug in here! *hugs*

I felt the same way about Sky.. I was just some dumb little beginner with this magnificent horse and I felt I was just ruining him but apparently not.

We're all too hard on ourselves. Change takes time.. and time does not fly by fast with a horse unless you're on their backs ;)

Well done!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku View Post
That means a lot to me, it really does. I was wondering for the longest time if I was just ruining her, since I wasn't seeing much progress. Now though? I ought to change her name! xD I'm so blessed to have a good trainer though, and a very forgiving little horse. I do make my share of rookie mistakes, thats for sure!

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #18 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 11:20 PM Thread Starter
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
I guess somewhere back in those crazy heads of ours, we do know what we're doing, huh? Sky is magnificent and it sounds like he was a real piece of work when you started working with him as well!

I think its those 'trouble' horses that teach us the most, because you can't just follow a certain set of guidelines and produce the perfect animal. You have to learn to adapt to and be sensitive towards the animal while also playing leader. Its a great learning experience!

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.
Endiku is offline  
post #19 of 20 Old 04-09-2012, 11:41 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,846
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Endiku View Post
I guess somewhere back in those crazy heads of ours, we do know what we're doing, huh? Sky is magnificent and it sounds like he was a real piece of work when you started working with him as well!

I think its those 'trouble' horses that teach us the most, because you can't just follow a certain set of guidelines and produce the perfect animal. You have to learn to adapt to and be sensitive towards the animal while also playing leader. Its a great learning experience!

Yep! I fully agree, you can't use a one-size fits all approach. But that's what's so great.. you do really learn the animal inside and out and you can just come up with different ways on the spot to deal with a problem. It's cool!

Yeah Sky was a biiiig project, but he really changed me for the better.

I think what sets us apart is that we chose to listen, instead of barking commands at them and forcing them to do stuff. We gave them enough time but guided them through it.

All in all, the relationship with them is simply amazing too :)

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is offline  
post #20 of 20 Old 04-10-2012, 06:43 PM Thread Starter
Teen Forum Moderator
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South East Texas
Posts: 7,157
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel View Post
Yep! I fully agree, you can't use a one-size fits all approach. But that's what's so great.. you do really learn the animal inside and out and you can just come up with different ways on the spot to deal with a problem. It's cool!

Yeah Sky was a biiiig project, but he really changed me for the better.

I think what sets us apart is that we chose to listen, instead of barking commands at them and forcing them to do stuff. We gave them enough time but guided them through it.

All in all, the relationship with them is simply amazing too :)
Yes, exactly! With Sour, that's what ruined her. A hand that was too firm upset her because of how sensitive she is, so she really just needed someone who kind of understood her way of thinking. Once she did, she started to work beautifully- but if I ever put too much pressure on her or go too fast with her, she definitely lets me know xD

And yes, the relationship is amazing! You have to constantly work towards understandings but when you do, they give so much back. She's always suprising me with her sweet personality thats beginning to show through!
Skyseternalangel likes this.

Everyone in your life is meant to
be in your journey, but not all of
them are meant to stay till the end.

Last edited by Endiku; 04-10-2012 at 06:46 PM.
Endiku is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Amber Hillside Mini Driving Bridle- it's finally here! Endiku Horse Tack and Equipment 1 02-06-2012 06:43 PM
buddy sour instead of barn sour taylormadechief Horse Training 1 08-04-2011 03:35 PM
Sour has finally joined up with me! Endiku Horse Talk 3 05-29-2011 11:09 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome