I went to see Annie today, and she has gone wild in 2 weeks!
I have been really ill and haven't been able to work with her for nearly that long, and she wouldn't even let me put a halter on her. This was a first, and pretty frustrating, obviously...but I knew that once I tried to get the halter on her, I had to keep trying until she let me...which took about 20 minutes. A lot of "horse people" have told me that the main thing to remember with horses is patience, and they were right. That 20 minutes felt like 2 hours! It was like a little victory just to get it on.
Then came the ground work, which she desperately lacks...it's almost like it was skipped in her training, and they went straight to saddle-breaking. That's a pet peeve of mine, so I'm sort of starting from scratch with her.
Anyways, the mini training session lasted for about an hour (didn't want to "burn her out," since she's only 3), and by the end of it we had made some real progress, after some initial frustrating moments...not to mention, I snapped a few pictures.
Here she is looking innocent enough in the pasture...the last two are after our "school." ;)