Absolutly Horrid - Page 5 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:07 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere.....
Posts: 630
• Horses: 1
Sooo thats pretty much how they all are. No I just know lots of people that have to deal with slaughterhouses and kill buyers.
It is not humane no matter how you look at it.
And the usualy reason for a problem with euthanasia is how it is administered.
So let me get you straight. You find nothing wrong with stabbing a animal while it is still alive? Seriously I just want to know where you draw the line.

Trissacar is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:09 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
Yes, and the reason there is sometimes a problem at the slaughter house is how it is administered.

It is OK with you that the vet giving a shot does not always work out right but it is not OK with you that a trained person at a slaughter house shooting an animal does not always work out right?

And again, if the plant is not in the US we have no control over how the animals are treated. If the plant was in the US we could regulate how the animals are treated.
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #43 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:15 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Greenville area / SC
Posts: 13,165
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
No this happens all the time not once in a blue moon. You should really go to a slaughterhouse I highly encourage you to do so.
And I didn't know it'd already been posted.
And how many have you been to where you witnessed what you saw in the video? You can find a shocking video to prove any point you want but the truth of it is, in the case of horse slaughter, they are usually out of our country. Slaughter, as a whole in the US, is highly regulated and hardly what you see in the video. A video like that has a sole purpose of being inflammatory rather then educational.

BTW, I always thought that a vegan was a dietary choice having nothing to do with wearing leather. My DIL is a vegan and wears leather.

I'm not arguing with you, I'm just explaining why I'm right.

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you're wrong.


It's not always what you say but what they hear.
iridehorses is offline  
post #44 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:22 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses View Post
BTW, I always thought that a vegan was a dietary choice having nothing to do with wearing leather. My DIL is a vegan and wears leather.
I think vegan has levels.
To some it is a dietary choice and to some it is a life style choice.


It does seem contradictory that someone who is against using any animal product for food (unless it is for some health allergy type reason) would be willing to use animal products for other areas of their lives.
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #45 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:24 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere.....
Posts: 630
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind View Post
Yes, and the reason there is sometimes a problem at the slaughter house is how it is administered.




It is OK with you that the vet giving a shot does not always work out right but it is not OK with you that a trained person at a slaughter house shooting an animal does not always work out right?


And again, if the plant is not in the US we have no control over how the animals are treated. If the plant was in the US we could regulate how the animals are treated.
I do not believe it is sometimes. The people who have worked at slaughterhouses have attested to the mistreatment of the horses. I personally don't think it will ever be a humane end for a horse. There is no reason at all why someone who owns a horse shouldn't have the money to euthanize them.
A vet is trained and I CHOOSe my vet. Rarely is the vaccine ineffective. And no I don't trust them with a ten foot pole.


Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses View Post
And how many have you been to where you witnessed what you saw in the video? You can find a shocking video to prove any point you want but the truth of it is, in the case of horse slaughter, they are usually out of our country. Slaughter, as a whole in the US, is highly regulated and hardly what you see in the video. A video like that has a sole purpose of being inflammatory rather then educational.

BTW, I always thought that a vegan was a dietary choice having nothing to do with wearing leather. My DIL is a vegan and wears leather.
I highly disagree I do not think they are highly regulated with the horse's interests in mind at all.


I personally think this is more accurate


Last edited by Trissacar; 04-08-2010 at 01:30 PM.
Trissacar is offline  
post #46 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:31 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
I do not believe it is sometimes.
Believe? Up above you said you knew. Is it believe or know?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
The people who have worked at slaughterhouses have attested to the mistreatment of the horses.
Any particular people? I must have missed where these people documented all the continuous horribly treatment of just horses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
I personally don't think it will ever be a humane end for a horse.
Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
There is no reason at all why someone who owns a horse shouldn't have the money to euthanize them.
Please take off your rose colored glasses and look at the real world we live in. Are you not aware that life is not always fair and that bad things happen to good people? People that have to decide between a roof over their families head and food. People that before had a great job and were able to pay for things that now for reasons beyond their control (death in the family, loss of a job, divorce, etc) suddenly are not able to afford the most basic things in life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
A vet is trained and I CHOOSe my vet. Rarely is the vaccine ineffective.
Even a great vet can have a euthanasia go bad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
And no I don't trust them with a ten foot pole.
Who is them?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trissacar View Post
I highly disagree I do not think they are highly regulated with the horse's interests in mind at all.
You use the word think quite often. How about dealing with facts instead of emotions?
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #47 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:36 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere.....
Posts: 630
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind View Post
Believe? Up above you said you knew. Is it believe or know?



Any particular people? I must have missed where these people documented all the continuous horribly treatment of just horses.



Why?



Please take off your rose colored glasses and look at the real world we live in. Are you not aware that life is not always fair and that bad things happen to good people? People that have to decide between a roof over their families head and food. People that before had a great job and were able to pay for things that now for reasons beyond their control (death in the family, loss of a job, divorce, etc) suddenly are not able to afford the most basic things in life.



Even a great vet can have a euthanasia go bad.



Who is them?



You use the word think quite often. How about dealing with facts instead of emotions?
There is also this one pay no attention to the music.
This is a horse slaughter plant which may still exist in NJ IDK if it is still active or not.
I have gone through the facts I'm sorry that I don't have the links to them but I've had many computers break down on me.
And there is no need to get hostile I thought we were having a intelligent debate?


Last edited by Trissacar; 04-08-2010 at 01:39 PM.
Trissacar is offline  
post #48 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:43 PM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
Um, not hostile at all. More amused than anything else.

You can keep posting videos produced by animal rights groups all day long. It will not change the facts.
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #49 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Somewhere.....
Posts: 630
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind View Post
Um, not hostile at all. More amused than anything else.

You can keep posting videos produced by animal rights groups all day long. It will not change the facts.
We can agree to disagree. Amanda isn't a rights group though....

Trissacar is offline  
post #50 of 164 Old 04-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: California
Posts: 1,915
• Horses: 6
Quick note, there are all kinds of reasons for a person to be veg. The ones I refer to when talking about the hypocrisy of use of leather are the ones who do it because of the animals and not soley for health reasons. Of course if they are doing it for health reasons they can do whatever they please.
rocky pony is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
critique my horrid jumping..... Flyinghigh12 Horse Riding Critique 7 07-03-2009 01:28 PM
horrid weekend Kirsti Arndt Horse Talk 4 08-26-2008 10:31 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome