It disgusts me! - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 06:44 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 753
• Horses: 1
horse slaughter is just pure sick! id never ever ever send any animal there!
the way they kill them is so unhumane! its disgusting! it wouldnt make it half as bad if they did it kindly! and the condition the horses have to travel in!!
animal rights!!

a silent night,wen friends are few,I close my eyes nd tink of u.A silent night,a silent tear,a silent wish dat u wer here♥ Is maith liom cąca milis:) lol
xLaurenOscarx is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 06:50 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,047
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
I hate seeing people talking about animal meat like they aren't living things and like they don't have just as much of a right to live as us.

I prefer animals over humans. Always have always will. However there is this thing called the Food Chain.

Watch the Lion King?

I wish I lived in the Sunshine and Rainbow Unicorn Dust world you live in.
Rissa is offline  
post #33 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 06:56 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Ireland
Posts: 753
• Horses: 1
food chain.... funny how the majority of countries horses aren't all that popular are they??

no because i dont want anyone depressing it on me thanks

a silent night,wen friends are few,I close my eyes nd tink of u.A silent night,a silent tear,a silent wish dat u wer here♥ Is maith liom cąca milis:) lol
xLaurenOscarx is offline  
post #34 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 07:40 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Indiana
Posts: 1,047
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by xLaurenOscarx View Post
food chain.... funny how the majority of countries horses aren't all that popular are they??

no because i dont want anyone depressing it on me thanks

If you want to live in Sunshine Dust and Rainbow land maybe this isn't the right thread for you? There are many other categories on this forum that are much happier.

And *sigh* there are other countries where horsemanship blows the US out of the water. ...oh why bother.

*bangs face into wall*
Rissa is offline  
post #35 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 08:32 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 1,348
• Horses: 2
I am so sick of reading these slaughter threads and seeing immature and rude behavior. You are ALL disrespecting yourselves when you speak about such a touchy subject by mocking each other's morals. You can't assume because someone is anti-slaughter they have a wonderful perfect life. There is absolutely NO correlation between someone's view on horse slaughter and the quality of their own life, please stop making brash assumptions. People that are pro-slaughter on here, try not to let your emotions cloud your posts. You will make more of an impact, anti or pro, if you state clear facts and do not mock each other.

Responding to the OP, there is absolutely no excuse for stealing a horse off the property to slaughter it. It has nothing to do with "OMG it's because we can't use slaughterhouses in America!" This is THEFT. There is no excuse at all for such behavior and it should be punished by law. And for reference, many people don't seem to understand that the slaughter houses are not looking for old sick horses. The kill buyers want the young, healthy horses. If you take a look at auction reports, you will see that most of the horses that go to slaughterhouses are young, untrained horses. A kill buyer does not want something that is underweight or diseased, and an older animal (regardless of species) has a lower quality of meat than a younger one. It is a breeding and training problem no matter how you cut it. Killing a young untrained horse is not "putting it out of its misery" in any way, the horse is killed because the breeder did not know what they were creating and could not train the horse, and thus decided to dump the horse at the auction. Re-opening slaughter houses in America would only get rid of these horses, it will not solve the problem. This is not a horse problem in the slightest, it is a human problem. We must educate ourselves on breeding and training, it is wrong to have horses die because of our own foolish mistakes.
roro is offline  
post #36 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 10:26 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by roro View Post
I am so sick of reading these slaughter threads and seeing immature and rude behavior. You are ALL disrespecting yourselves when you speak about such a touchy subject by mocking each other's morals. You can't assume because someone is anti-slaughter they have a wonderful perfect life. There is absolutely NO correlation between someone's view on horse slaughter and the quality of their own life, please stop making brash assumptions. People that are pro-slaughter on here, try not to let your emotions cloud your posts. You will make more of an impact, anti or pro, if you state clear facts and do not mock each other.

Responding to the OP, there is absolutely no excuse for stealing a horse off the property to slaughter it. It has nothing to do with "OMG it's because we can't use slaughterhouses in America!" This is THEFT. There is no excuse at all for such behavior and it should be punished by law. And for reference, many people don't seem to understand that the slaughter houses are not looking for old sick horses. The kill buyers want the young, healthy horses. If you take a look at auction reports, you will see that most of the horses that go to slaughterhouses are young, untrained horses. A kill buyer does not want something that is underweight or diseased, and an older animal (regardless of species) has a lower quality of meat than a younger one. It is a breeding and training problem no matter how you cut it. Killing a young untrained horse is not "putting it out of its misery" in any way, the horse is killed because the breeder did not know what they were creating and could not train the horse, and thus decided to dump the horse at the auction. Re-opening slaughter houses in America would only get rid of these horses, it will not solve the problem. This is not a horse problem in the slightest, it is a human problem. We must educate ourselves on breeding and training, it is wrong to have horses die because of our own foolish mistakes.
what I meant by the "It's because slaughterhouses are not opened in the US" is that if they were people would not be killing them themselves.They would give them to auction and collect their money because that is the whole purpose for horse slaughter.People try to say it's because there are unwanted horses, but when it comes down to it, those horses are being killed for pure profit and not because people care about them having a quick death. I know all of the facts you just stated and it makes me sick!

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.

Last edited by alli09; 10-25-2009 at 10:29 PM.
alli09 is offline  
post #37 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 10:27 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rissa View Post
I prefer animals over humans. Always have always will. However there is this thing called the Food Chain.

Watch the Lion King?

I wish I lived in the Sunshine and Rainbow Unicorn Dust world you live in.
funny thing you mention lions, considering they need meat to survive and humans don't.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #38 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 11:26 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 125
• Horses: 1
ancient homo sapiens diet was mainly meat followed by leaves. We dont eat leaves now because don't have the digestive track to get as much nutrients out of leaves as we used to. We still have problems with lactose = lactose intolerance because eating lactose is a relatively new diet pattern. Fruits and vegetabless have always been in our diet same as nuts. Some people have even considered going to an all meat diet similar to some of our ancestors, that however has certain problems. Maybe with the new types of food meat could be cut out but I seriously doubt it because of our brain size/activity. As for the issue of slaughter its not nice It should be regulated but not banned imo. If it is regulated it can be easier to notice/report abusive/inhumane practices which is better than shipping it to who knows where, where it may not be regulated.

Gonna kick off my shoes,And run in bare feet, Where the grass and the dirt and the gravel all meet...
CrazyH0rse is offline  
post #39 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 11:36 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyH0rse View Post
ancient homo sapiens diet was mainly meat followed by leaves. We dont eat leaves now because don't have the digestive track to get as much nutrients out of leaves as we used to. We still have problems with lactose = lactose intolerance because eating lactose is a relatively new diet pattern. Fruits and vegetabless have always been in our diet same as nuts. Some people have even considered going to an all meat diet similar to some of our ancestors, that however has certain problems. Maybe with the new types of food meat could be cut out but I seriously doubt it because of our brain size/activity. As for the issue of slaughter its not nice It should be regulated but not banned imo. If it is regulated it can be easier to notice/report abusive/inhumane practices which is better than shipping it to who knows where, where it may not be regulated.
so you're saying that meat eaters are healthier than vegetarians/vegans? and that isn't going to happen, so until it does happen I think it should be banned.Horse slaughter that is.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #40 of 102 Old 10-25-2009, 11:41 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Ontario,Canada
Posts: 125
• Horses: 1
no I wasnt saying either was healthier I was stating how we developed and our relation to meat. Everyone has their choice of what they can eat neither is right or wrong.

Gonna kick off my shoes,And run in bare feet, Where the grass and the dirt and the gravel all meet...
CrazyH0rse is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome