Maybe I am nuts....or being over protective or too sensitive. A friend of mine and her husband cut their own horses to save the 100 dollar vet bill. They do this by taking 4 long ropes. I dun know the best way to explain so I will just put the steps out
1. Find 2 sturdy trees about 9 foot apart or so
2. Tie horses head to the first tree
3. Then tie the horses back legs and wrap around the tree
4. Then they spook the horse so when it backs up, he tightens the legs to the trees so that the horse trips down onto its back.
5. Tie the horses front legs together and secure back legs so they as its owners, do not get hurt.
6. They then as they say "sterilize" the area by throwing a bucket of water and iodine onto the horses testicles.
7. No pain medications or sedatives are used during the first process, or the process of the horse being cut open and his testicles ripped out....they finish by pouring more iodine on the wound.
Now this is the kicker, they buy and sell horses so they do this on a regular basis. The horse after being cut, is put in a tiny stall to "swell" up for 3-4 days that way the horse is in to much pain to buck or fight them while they break it to ride.....
I almost laughed at them when they wanted to cut my horse...I have alot of dirt on them....but this to me is cruelty....they say its the old fashioned way or the "cowboy" way....any opinions?