Originally Posted by Bearkiller
I'm not old at all. I may however be stubborn. If you want to butcher a deer, have someone show you. I've done all of my cutting and wrapping myself for the most part and it doesn't phase me. I think they were put here for our use.
You have to admit, even if not on this board, at least to your self, that most young adults are like sheep. Very few have the ability to think for themselves.
Lol @ Bearkiller. I do agree with you on some things. =) I go to college to make a better life for my kids...and I see a lot of the kids that you're talking about...they're young, and they're silly. It's up to them to make something of themselves, same as it was up to us to some extent. Do I think that kids are lil less responsible now than I was? Well yeah...but in some ways...isn't that our responsibility as parents? Same with teaching kids respect for life (going back to the thread, see?) I disagree that we went FULLY off topic.
I believe that we went on a tangent. Tangents aren't necessarily bad. We now know what some of us (maybe not all) believe is the CAUSE of people who want to permanently ban slaughter.
Now then the issue is, how do we solve the problem?
It may not be as easy as saying:
1) The number of horses slaughtered yearly in the US (before) was:
2) The number of horses now shipped to Mexico is:
3) The number of horse abuse cases since ban:
4) Percent increase in horse abuse cases since ban:
5) reasons why cows and horses have similar mental/emotional capabilities
6) technical aspects of horse meat vs cow: (in simple terms, horse is more lean, cow tends to be more tender, idk, just an example)
7) This is how cows are put down:
Whats the difference?
I mean facts like whats in dog food, who wants to eat horse, how the Euthanasia drugs affect groundwater, what kind of damage the drugs do to our clean water and the animals...
...It may not be as easy as saying all that....but I think it would help: I think that pictures of all that and good hard numbers, all in one cohesive package would sway some people who did not know anything about ANIMAL SLAUGHTER than what they were told by activists.