I hope I can help save this poor colt - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Protection

I hope I can help save this poor colt

This is a discussion on I hope I can help save this poor colt within the Horse Protection forums, part of the Horse Resources category

    Like Tree58Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-11-2013, 09:09 PM
      #11
    Green Broke
    That's what Flicka looked like when we got her!! Same situation. Bribed with $100 to get her out of hell.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-11-2013, 09:11 PM
      #12
    Started
    Honestly it's a pretty shady looking trailer and they also have a bunch of barrels with roosters in them so I'm thinking they keep fighting roosters. They don't seem like the type to let me walk up and offer them money. I'd be afraid to walk up to the door at this place. It's a shaby trailer with trash everywhere. It doesn't really scream visitors welcome and I don't want to get shot lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        04-11-2013, 09:16 PM
      #13
    Green Broke
    Then go for it, if you can!! When you approach the 'owners' of that poor sweet thing, be genuine and as 'nonchalant' as possible - don't exchange names, etc. unless you think a sale is happening. That way, if they refuse, you can call the humane society every single day afterwards until they re-home him - make yourself "The squeaky wheel that gets the grease". Best of luck, and good for you to care for this poor little guy :)
    **Just saw your reply about their "residence"..... Maybe walk up casually and say, "Hey, that's a cool horse you have! I'll give you $50.00 for him!" Scratch something out on paper, give them the money and take him away on the spot.....
         
        04-11-2013, 09:20 PM
      #14
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Peppy Barrel Racing    
    Honestly it's a pretty shady looking trailer and they also have a bunch of barrels with roosters in them so I'm thinking they keep fighting roosters. They don't seem like the type to let me walk up and offer them money. I'd be afraid to walk up to the door at this place. It's a shaby trailer with trash everywhere. It doesn't really scream visitors welcome and I don't want to get shot lol.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    The best type, bring someone with you, preferably male, go up to the trailer offer them whatever you can afford to offer them. They will probably take it so they can get their next fix on whatever drug they are taking. Get the horse out of there and then keep reporting them!
         
        04-11-2013, 09:33 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dlpark2    
    The best type, bring someone with you, preferably male, go up to the trailer offer them whatever you can afford to offer them. They will probably take it so they can get their next fix on whatever drug they are taking. Get the horse out of there and then keep reporting them!
    Sad but may be true. Cash talks. I'd say keep an extra fifty in smaller bills, crumpled and sad looking. Prepare to offer 100, and say that's all you have. Don't dress nice. And definitely bring a tougher male with you.
    wausuaw likes this.
         
        04-11-2013, 09:40 PM
      #16
    Started
    Well let me talk to the humane society first as I could use their financial resources. Rehabbing a horse this emaciated is going to be expensive with shots and feed and vet bills etc. Plus there is the possibility of this horse having a disease or something contagious. I wouldn't want him anywhere near horses till we got him vet checked and coggins pulled.
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Corporal and Northernstar like this.
         
        04-11-2013, 09:40 PM
      #17
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by dlpark2    
    The best type, bring someone with you, preferably male, go up to the trailer offer them whatever you can afford to offer them. They will probably take it so they can get their next fix on whatever drug they are taking. Get the horse out of there and then keep reporting them!
    Good advice dlpark2! Once you get that horse out of there, though, I'd take a deep breath and be done with those people!!- then put your focus on getting that poor thing back to health :)
    demonwolfmoon likes this.
         
        04-11-2013, 09:41 PM
      #18
    Weanling
    ^^ I agree with that.

    If you go up there with any kinda attitude will be a disaster. Don't even mention anying wrong with the horse at all.

    G'luck... Poor guy needs it.
         
        04-12-2013, 12:30 AM
      #19
    Trained
    If you think they're keeping fighting roosters there, then don't go anywhere near that trailer without a deputy. You could end up in deep.......stuff, regardless if you have a guy with you or not.

    Also, remember that Oklahoma is a very strong "Property Owner's Rights" state and that there really isn't much that can be done legally if they have food and water on the premises. The law says they have to have food and water, doesn't say they actually have to feed it. Rescuing horses is TOUGH in this state. Be very very careful.
         
        04-12-2013, 12:48 AM
      #20
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Dreamcatcher Arabians    
    If you think they're keeping fighting roosters there, then don't go anywhere near that trailer without a deputy. You could end up in deep.......stuff, regardless if you have a guy with you or not.

    Also, remember that Oklahoma is a very strong "Property Owner's Rights" state and that there really isn't much that can be done legally if they have food and water on the premises. The law says they have to have food and water, doesn't say they actually have to feed it. Rescuing horses is TOUGH in this state. Be very very careful.
    I know that is exactly why I'm hesitant to go there at all. I'd rather work with the humane society and sheriffs department. I'd rather not get mixed up in something bad. I was nervous just getting this picture taken even though I was in my car on the road. I was pretty sure no one was home but you never know.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Cannot save these poor horses.... gamingirl22 Horse Protection 11 10-06-2012 06:26 PM
    Colt thinks life is a joke, is there hope for us? trailhorserider Horse Training 31 04-18-2011 04:48 PM
    Left Eye update, Poor Poor Ginger wyominggrandma Horse Health 12 07-22-2010 11:31 AM
    Major Drought here in Australia And Such Poor poor horses! Rachluvshorses4eva Horse Health 10 04-27-2007 11:47 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:36 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0