I love HSUS. - Page 13 - The Horse Forum
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #121 of 171 Old 11-03-2009, 10:58 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,455
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
but you are still for them going to slaughter now.That will never change.Workers will keep abusing them. Did you know it is a proven fact that people that work in a slaughter house are going to end up becoming very angry and violent people? That stuff takes a toll on you.
I worked in a slaughter house for 10 years and I am neither angry or violent. You however, are borderline ******ed if you believe the **** you are saying.

There's nothing like the Rockies in the springtime... Nothing like the freedom in the air... And there ain't nothing better than draggin calves to the fire and there's nothing like the smell of burning hair. -Brenn Hill
kevinshorses is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #122 of 171 Old 11-03-2009, 11:07 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,455
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
there is no point in saying we, because it's just you and maybe 2 other people.
That would qualify as WE or US or from your point of view Them or They. These are what are called plural forms of common nouns. You will learn more about them next year in 7th grade.

There's nothing like the Rockies in the springtime... Nothing like the freedom in the air... And there ain't nothing better than draggin calves to the fire and there's nothing like the smell of burning hair. -Brenn Hill
kevinshorses is offline  
post #123 of 171 Old 11-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,455
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
If a animal's leg spams and hits them they are going to beat that animal.They are going to tear limbs off of that animal. Most people that work in those slaughterhouses DO NOT CARE.

Most people that work in slaughterhouses are jsut like any other factory workers. They do thier jobs and do them as well as they can. If a dead animal has a spasm and kicks them they don't beat a dead animal. They go on to the next one and try not to get kicked next time. Most people do not want to hurt animals, that goes for packing house workers as well. They use that job to feed thier families and abusing the animals could get them fired. I'm not trying to convince you as I'm sure in your world believing that slaughterhouse workers are bitter, deranged physcopaths fits with your version of "facts". I am presenting this for people that would like to be informed and have an open mind.

There's nothing like the Rockies in the springtime... Nothing like the freedom in the air... And there ain't nothing better than draggin calves to the fire and there's nothing like the smell of burning hair. -Brenn Hill
kevinshorses is offline  
post #124 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 12:12 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
But as long as it exists the abuse is going to go on.There is never going to be a change in how the animals are treated.People become hostile in those places and they take it out on the animal.If a animal's leg spams and hits them they are going to beat that animal.They are going to tear limbs off of that animal. Most people that work in those slaughterhouses DO NOT CARE.
Funny if things never change they why did the state I live in just amend the state constitution to form a Animal Care and control board for Livestock and Poultry???
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
and for those pictures that were posted of the skinny horses, I wonder everyday why that hurts me just as much as it hurts any pro-slaughter person and yet I'm against the slaughter of horses 100%. Maybe because those horses don't even get a chance.Just because one person neglected them does not mean NO ONE wants them. There are a lot of people in this world that would have taken in the horses that were slaughtered, but sadly enough most of the countries population has no idea that horses are even being slaughtered for peoples tastes buds.It's all for profit.
Where are all these people??? Why are they not stepping up and taking these animals before they get that way??? If the add did not already expire and I could actually dig them up over the past month there has been at least 4 add on CraigsList for horses for sale that I would say from the pictures are a good 200-300lbs under weight. Yet I bet they are still standing in their owners pasture.

Why is it so hard for you to understand that there are more horses then their are homes for those horses and the ones that end up like that for the most part are the ones that are not useful with out some large investment in training and care. Out of the horses listed on CL here locally there are 23 horses just since Oct 26th and that is JUST in my local area not all of my state. Out of those 23 horses. Only 1 count them 1 horse is very very well trained to the point you can put a kid on them and go show at a the level at which will demand the price they are asking and guarantee that horse a good home at least at this point in its life. There are 2 more that are trained to the point that I would consider them safe for a person who knows how to ride. The rest have no or very little training and several require an advance owner. Also out of those 23 add 2 of the add had multiple listings in it so there are actually a lot more then just 23 horses one add was for a local rescue. Again most of the horses they are trying to find homes for are older and are companion animals that can not be used for anything but recycling hay.

So where are all the people looking for horses??? Here are about 30 just posted on CL in the past week.

I know I will send all these horses to your house. As much as I would love to see each and every one of these horses end up with a human to love and care for them there are not enough people who have the resources to do so. As much as I would love to be able to take in and care for them myself I am realistic. My horses and my business MUST come first.

So AGAIN I ask. Which is worse???? A quick and 98% of the time painless death or standing in a field with no water and not feed starving to death????

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #125 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 07:36 AM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brokenheartsville, just north of Styxtown :)
Posts: 2,577
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses View Post
That would qualify as WE or US or from your point of view Them or They. These are what are called plural forms of common nouns. You will learn more about them next year in 7th grade.
I might just propose to you as well! LOL.

Most people are like Slinkies; they serve no real purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on for dear life.
Sunny06 is offline  
post #126 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 08:48 AM
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: In a land far far away, or so I wish.
Posts: 12,825
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses View Post
That would qualify as WE or US or from your point of view Them or They. These are what are called plural forms of common nouns. You will learn more about them next year in 7th grade.
Two thumbs up.

I never knew there was a requirement for a minimum number to make We and Us.

And silly me thinks it is obvious there are lots more than just two people that are making up that We.



Alli, are you missing the fact that there is abuse of just about everything every where in every aspect of life.
There are trainers that abuse horses. There are people who abuse their kids, etc etc.

There is no aspect of life that is perfect. Well, unless you are you obviously.

I realize in your eyes every last horsie is extra special and should not be fed to someone. But just because YOU feel that way does not mean everyone else has to feel that way and has to agree with you. It does not make the other side of the coin wrong, it is just different.

Think logically for a minute. I know it is hard when you want to hate something, but just give it a try.
Do you really think the slaughter house workers want the process to be difficult? Would it not be easiest for them to have the animals pass quickly and move on to the next? Commotion at any step of the process is not will just make their day longer and more difficult.

Humane slaughter of anything is not evil.

And honestly, I do not think the term PRO-slaughter is accurate. I think we (that general group of us that is more than one people) are just not anti-slaughter. We see nothing wrong with humane slaughter.
Alwaysbehind is offline  
post #127 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 09:02 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Just south of sanity
Posts: 16,165
• Horses: 3
A big AMEN, Kevin, Nrhareiner, Sunny, Macabre, and Always!

Y'know Alli, I used to be anti-equine slaughter, until I stopped reacting emotionally and actually did some research and fact finding.

My opinion came a full 180 degrees after I got away from all the propaganda, mud slinging, and downright lies from the anti groups.

You merely proved my point that you somehow think those of us not opposed to humane slaughter are subhuman, when nothing could be farther from the truth.

Instead of getting all your info from PETA, HSUS and YouTube, why don't you do some actual research? Read papers and findings by different people and organizations.

Even Temple Grandin, although opposed to horse slaughter, would rather see it done humanely here in the U.S. Where it could be regulated, than have the horses sent out of the country where we have no control.

I'm for the humane slaughter of all animals, and that includes horses. Cows, pigs, chickens, etc. all have feelings, desires, and want to live their lives unharmed. They don't get that choice, but it's up to us to make certain that we give them as humane and swift a death as possible.

No one wants anyone to abuse animals, and those who work in slaughter houses are merely people trying to feed their families and keep a roof over their heads, not bloodthirsty, abusive monsters.

I'm really trying to argue like an adult here, but your ignorant comments that those of us not opposed to slaughter are evil and abusive, really makes me want to bitch slap you.

How many organizations have you joined? I'm a member of the Virginia Horse Council. How many hours, money, and items have you donated to shelters and rescues in your area? I don't have a lot to give, but I do what I can.

You can piss, moan, and throw a hissy fit all you want on an internet BB, but until you're actually out there in the trenches doing something for the welfare of all animals, you're nothing but a poseur.

Last edited by Speed Racer; 11-04-2009 at 09:06 AM.
Speed Racer is offline  
post #128 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 11:21 AM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,455
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed Racer View Post
I'm really trying to argue like an adult here, but your ignorant comments that those of us not opposed to slaughter are evil and abusive, really makes me want to bitch slap you.
Big fat ditto!!!! But not because I worked in a slaughterhouse.

There's nothing like the Rockies in the springtime... Nothing like the freedom in the air... And there ain't nothing better than draggin calves to the fire and there's nothing like the smell of burning hair. -Brenn Hill
kevinshorses is offline  
post #129 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 12:20 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
I'm tired of repeating myself so I'm done with this topic.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #130 of 171 Old 11-04-2009, 12:26 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
The thing is you keep repeating the same B/S that is not based in Facts only an ideal fantasy world.

I have a friend who like to say that physically and therapeutically speaking that is how thing should be however we live in the real world and that is not how things are.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love Drafts But Love The Belgian Breed The Most Belgian Lover Horse Breeds 6 03-01-2007 05:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome