I love HSUS. - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Protection

I love HSUS.

This is a discussion on I love HSUS. within the Horse Protection forums, part of the Horse Resources category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    11-01-2009, 10:12 PM
  #21
Foal
I'm not going to through out names here like most of you are doing, but horse slaughter has only been around since the time of the wars and even then it started because the soldiers didn't have anything else to eat.

And when you say they are slaughtered because people choose to eat horse meat.You are wrong there.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!

Do the math.
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
  #22
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj    
Is that a FACT?! ROFL.

Horses have been used as a source of food since the dawn of time. And they went the route of inhumane mass slaughter methods the exact same as every other animal we still view as food. If they're not being eaten by humans, then they're being used as a source of animal food. There's a guy by my grandpa's that raises Draft horses strictly for slaughter. He also buys and trades, but trust me, even if we removed every unwanted horse from the equation, there would still be horses to slaughter. It's an industry and it has a fuel.
well I'm happy I live in a state where it is illegal to slaughter horses.Well, not only is it illegal to slaughter them, but it is illegal to consume horse meat here meaning that if anyone was caught killing horses PERIOD, they would be arrested.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:25 PM
  #23
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09    
.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!
Because people like you got their noses in other's business, and now animals (horses) are going to completely inhumane slaughterhouses in Mexico. Bravo! Give yourself a hand!

And Nature Valley is a salad dressing factory or Granola bar factory I do believe.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:26 PM
  #24
Green Broke
So I can't have my horse put down? Or shoot it myself?
     
    11-01-2009, 10:27 PM
  #25
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09    
I'm not going to through out names here like most of you are doing, but horse slaughter has only been around since the time of the wars and even then it started because the soldiers didn't have anything else to eat.

And when you say they are slaughtered because people choose to eat horse meat.You are wrong there.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!

Do the math.
You do realize that back in the Roman Empire they eat their horses as they traveled correct?? I will not get into all the details but if you really want to know the history of many of the early civilizations through out history you need to do some resurch. Humans have been eating horses since horses have been alive.

The reason there are no plants that slaughter horses is b/c in the US there is no need to eat horses and over time is has become illegal to sell horse meat. Since we in the US have so much open land and horses where needed to work the large ranch's it was more economical to use horses and eat cattle.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:28 PM
  #26
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06    
Because people like you got their noses in other's business, and now animals (horses) are going to completely inhumane slaughterhouses in Mexico. Bravo! Give yourself a hand!

And Nature Valley is a salad dressing factory I do believe.
I didn't have anything to do with that, thank you very much. And no, that is not the reason. They were being inhumanely slaughtered here when the slaughterhouses were open.

Natural valley farms was a cattle slaughter plant(whe the US slaughter plants closed down this is one of the places where horses were sent to be slaughtered) in Canada that was recently shut down because of the way they were treating the animals.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:29 PM
  #27
Trained
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09    
well I'm happy I live in a state where it is illegal to slaughter horses.Well, not only is it illegal to slaughter them, but it is illegal to consume horse meat here meaning that if anyone was caught killing horses PERIOD, they would be arrested.
I think you're as ignorant of the law as you are of spelling, grammar and animal rights. In California it is illegal to sell a horse for human consumption. It is not illegal to consume a horse that you own nor is it illegal to slaughter a horse for animal food.

By the way I'm glad you live in a state that the rest of the country is quickly learning to ignore. If California gets any more screwed up Mexico will be building a fence to keep you out.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:32 PM
  #28
Foal
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses    
I think you're as ignorant of the law as you are of spelling, grammar and animal rights. In California it is illegal to sell a horse for human consumption. It is not illegal to consume a horse that you own nor is it illegal to slaughter a horse for animal food.

By the way I'm glad you live in a state that the rest of the country is quickly learning to ignore. If California gets any more screwed up Mexico will be building a fence to keep you out.
you really are one of those people that get really angry during debates huh? So what if I don't do my grammar just right.OMG, I'm not perfect!! What am I going to do now?! And yes, here it is illegal to consume your own horse. There is nothing wrong with california.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:32 PM
  #29
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses    

By the way I'm glad you live in a state that the rest of the country is quickly learning to ignore. If California gets any more screwed up Mexico will be building a fence to keep you out.
Buahaha!

I hope this thread dosen't get closed.. Because it is plumb interesting.
     
    11-01-2009, 10:35 PM
  #30
Foal
Too bad.**** I can't have a good debate on here without anyone burning me in some way.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC!
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love Drafts But Love The Belgian Breed The Most Belgian Lover Horse Breeds 6 03-01-2007 06:36 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:21 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0