I love HSUS. - Page 3 - The Horse Forum

Closed Thread
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #21 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:12 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
I'm not going to through out names here like most of you are doing, but horse slaughter has only been around since the time of the wars and even then it started because the soldiers didn't have anything else to eat.

And when you say they are slaughtered because people choose to eat horse meat.You are wrong there.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!

Do the math.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:14 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj View Post
Is that a FACT?! ROFL.

Horses have been used as a source of food since the dawn of time. And they went the route of inhumane mass slaughter methods the exact same as every other animal we still view as food. If they're not being eaten by humans, then they're being used as a source of animal food. There's a guy by my grandpa's that raises Draft horses strictly for slaughter. He also buys and trades, but trust me, even if we removed every unwanted horse from the equation, there would still be horses to slaughter. It's an industry and it has a fuel.
well I'm happy I live in a state where it is illegal to slaughter horses.Well, not only is it illegal to slaughter them, but it is illegal to consume horse meat here meaning that if anyone was caught killing horses PERIOD, they would be arrested.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #23 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:25 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brokenheartsville, just north of Styxtown :)
Posts: 2,577
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!
Because people like you got their noses in other's business, and now animals (horses) are going to completely inhumane slaughterhouses in Mexico. Bravo! Give yourself a hand!

And Nature Valley is a salad dressing factory or Granola bar factory I do believe.

Most people are like Slinkies; they serve no real purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on for dear life.

Last edited by Sunny06; 11-01-2009 at 09:27 PM.
Sunny06 is offline  
post #24 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:26 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brokenheartsville, just north of Styxtown :)
Posts: 2,577
• Horses: 1
So I can't have my horse put down? Or shoot it myself?

Most people are like Slinkies; they serve no real purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on for dear life.

Last edited by Sunny06; 11-01-2009 at 09:35 PM.
Sunny06 is offline  
post #25 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:27 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
I'm not going to through out names here like most of you are doing, but horse slaughter has only been around since the time of the wars and even then it started because the soldiers didn't have anything else to eat.

And when you say they are slaughtered because people choose to eat horse meat.You are wrong there.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!

Do the math.
You do realize that back in the Roman Empire they eat their horses as they traveled correct?? I will not get into all the details but if you really want to know the history of many of the early civilizations through out history you need to do some resurch. Humans have been eating horses since horses have been alive.

The reason there are no plants that slaughter horses is b/c in the US there is no need to eat horses and over time is has become illegal to sell horse meat. Since we in the US have so much open land and horses where needed to work the large ranch's it was more economical to use horses and eat cattle.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #26 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:28 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunny06 View Post
Because people like you got their noses in other's business, and now animals (horses) are going to completely inhumane slaughterhouses in Mexico. Bravo! Give yourself a hand!

And Nature Valley is a salad dressing factory I do believe.
I didn't have anything to do with that, thank you very much. And no, that is not the reason. They were being inhumanely slaughtered here when the slaughterhouses were open.

Natural valley farms was a cattle slaughter plant(whe the US slaughter plants closed down this is one of the places where horses were sent to be slaughtered) in Canada that was recently shut down because of the way they were treating the animals.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #27 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,455
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
well I'm happy I live in a state where it is illegal to slaughter horses.Well, not only is it illegal to slaughter them, but it is illegal to consume horse meat here meaning that if anyone was caught killing horses PERIOD, they would be arrested.
I think you're as ignorant of the law as you are of spelling, grammar and animal rights. In California it is illegal to sell a horse for human consumption. It is not illegal to consume a horse that you own nor is it illegal to slaughter a horse for animal food.

By the way I'm glad you live in a state that the rest of the country is quickly learning to ignore. If California gets any more screwed up Mexico will be building a fence to keep you out.

There's nothing like the Rockies in the springtime... Nothing like the freedom in the air... And there ain't nothing better than draggin calves to the fire and there's nothing like the smell of burning hair. -Brenn Hill
kevinshorses is offline  
post #28 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses View Post
I think you're as ignorant of the law as you are of spelling, grammar and animal rights. In California it is illegal to sell a horse for human consumption. It is not illegal to consume a horse that you own nor is it illegal to slaughter a horse for animal food.

By the way I'm glad you live in a state that the rest of the country is quickly learning to ignore. If California gets any more screwed up Mexico will be building a fence to keep you out.
you really are one of those people that get really angry during debates huh? So what if I don't do my grammar just right.OMG, I'm not perfect!! What am I going to do now?! And yes, here it is illegal to consume your own horse. There is nothing wrong with california.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #29 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Brokenheartsville, just north of Styxtown :)
Posts: 2,577
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses View Post

By the way I'm glad you live in a state that the rest of the country is quickly learning to ignore. If California gets any more screwed up Mexico will be building a fence to keep you out.
Buahaha!

I hope this thread dosen't get closed.. Because it is plumb interesting.

Most people are like Slinkies; they serve no real purpose, but they bring a smile to your face when you push them down the stairs.
When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on for dear life.
Sunny06 is offline  
post #30 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:35 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
too bad.**** I can't have a good debate on here without anyone burning me in some way.

PLEASE CLOSE THIS TOPIC!

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love Drafts But Love The Belgian Breed The Most Belgian Lover Horse Breeds 6 03-01-2007 05:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome