I love HSUS. - Page 5 - The Horse Forum

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #41 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses View Post
No, that is your ignorance showing.
there is a difference between ignorance and passion.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #42 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:02 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 2,475
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
but if I don't know it is outdated that is not my fault.
Now THERE is a good debate topic right there.

If you do not know it is outdated then it IS your fault. It is your responsibility to do your research, and test what you find. The article posted was two years old, clearly posted at the bottom of the article, and easily found. If you run with what you read as fact without checking its information, than it is your fault. You are responsible for your knowledge and information.

Your job for a debate is to find current information to post. You must know your topic in and out, and you should know your opponent's point of view. You must be able to trump anything they can throw at you. You cannot win arguments with emotion and belief. You must approach them scientifically with evidence to support your side.
LadyDreamer is offline  
post #43 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:04 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
I'm not going to through out names here like most of you are doing, but horse slaughter has only been around since the time of the wars and even then it started because the soldiers didn't have anything else to eat.

And when you say they are slaughtered because people choose to eat horse meat.You are wrong there.That is why there are no slaughter plants open in the US now.Why is that? Why do you think that Natural valley farms was closed due to the welfare of the animals?!

Do the math.
Ok here is what I am talking about these statements are completely incorrect.

Horse slaughter has been around as long as horses have been around. If you read what I posted about this you would get it but you choose not to respond.

The US is the only country who dose not eat horse meat. Why??? I mean out side the fact that there is no real need to eat horse meat here in the US. There is more then enough land to raise cattle unlike other countries. We needed horses to work the ranches so they where more valuable as working animals/livestock then as for food. Americans are more sentimental then people in other countries. There are a lot of reasons why we do not eat horse meat.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #44 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:05 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Northern Utah
Posts: 5,455
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
there is a difference between ignorance and passion.
Yes there is a difference. If you don't know that your facts are outdated or just plain wrong that is ignorance. If you had any real facts you wouldn't get burned so bad when you try to start an argument. If you could put together a coherent thought and spell better than a second grader that would help also.

There's nothing like the Rockies in the springtime... Nothing like the freedom in the air... And there ain't nothing better than draggin calves to the fire and there's nothing like the smell of burning hair. -Brenn Hill
kevinshorses is offline  
post #45 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:06 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
Ok here is what I am talking about these statements are completely incorrect.

Horse slaughter has been around as long as horses have been around. If you read what I posted about this you would get it but you choose not to respond.

The US is the only country who dose not eat horse meat. Why??? I mean out side the fact that there is no real need to eat horse meat here in the US. There is more then enough land to raise cattle unlike other countries. We needed horses to work the ranches so they where more valuable as working animals/livestock then as for food. Americans are more sentimental then people in other countries. There are a lot of reasons why we do not eat horse meat.
and where do you get your facts from that it's been around forever?

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #46 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinshorses View Post
Yes there is a difference. If you don't know that your facts are outdated or just plain wrong that is ignorance. If you had any real facts you wouldn't get burned so bad when you try to start an argument. If you could put together a coherent thought and spell better than a second grader that would help also.
last time I checked I can spell just fine. Stop saying stupid stuff like that.If you want to 'burn' me on how I didn't know laws have changed, that is fine, but don't go and say stupid stuff like that.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #47 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:09 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
there is a difference between ignorance and passion.

No not really. Most people who are passionate about something tend to ignore the real facts or only pick the ones that fit their ideas or what fits so their passion can stay intact.

It is great to be passionate about something. However make sure that your passion dose not cloud your judgment.

I will ask you something. You say you are passionate. SO have you taken in and cared for an unwanted animal. Horse cat dog??? Have you volunteered at a rescue or local animal shelter?? Anything that gives you info first hand on a local level. This will give you more incite into things then PETA or any other radical organization.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
post #48 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:10 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyDreamer View Post
Now THERE is a good debate topic right there.

If you do not know it is outdated then it IS your fault. It is your responsibility to do your research, and test what you find. The article posted was two years old, clearly posted at the bottom of the article, and easily found. If you run with what you read as fact without checking its information, than it is your fault. You are responsible for your knowledge and information.

Your job for a debate is to find current information to post. You must know your topic in and out, and you should know your opponent's point of view. You must be able to trump anything they can throw at you. You cannot win arguments with emotion and belief. You must approach them scientifically with evidence to support your side.
this wasn't suppose to turn into a debate, but they made it that way.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #49 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: modesto california/originally from portland oregon.
Posts: 158
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by nrhareiner View Post
no not really. Most people who are passionate about something tend to ignore the real facts or only pick the ones that fit their ideas or what fits so their passion can stay intact.

It is great to be passionate about something. However make sure that your passion dose not cloud your judgment.

I will ask you something. You say you are passionate. SO have you taken in and cared for an unwanted animal. Horse cat dog??? Have you volunteered at a rescue or local animal shelter?? Anything that gives you info first hand on a local level. This will give you more incite into things then PETA or any other radical organization.
Just because I believe that some people in PETA have good intentions and they are nothing like the people that are going out and causing harm, does not mean that I support them. And yes, I have a pit bull that I got from a pit bull rescue and I have 2 cats that I got from the OHS.As for volunteering, I don't really have time right now.

Let us touch the dying, the poor, the lonely and the unwanted according to the graces we have received and let us not be ashamed or slow to do the humble work.
alli09 is offline  
post #50 of 171 Old 11-01-2009, 10:14 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: N.W. Ohio
Posts: 5,344
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by alli09 View Post
and where do you get your facts from that it's been around forever?

Well lest see the Roman Empire drank their horses blood and then when the horses where too weak to keep going they would slaughter then and eat them as they traveled. There are many other civilizations who eat horse meat. Like I stated the US is about the only country who dose not eat horse meat. That stems from the fact that horses where and to some extent still used to work very very large ranches which are not present in other countries.

-I'm so busy... I don't know if I found a rope or lost my horse.
-An Armed Man is a Citizen an unarmed man is a subject.
-Where ever free speech is stifled Tyranny will reign.
nrhareiner is offline  
Closed Thread

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I love Drafts But Love The Belgian Breed The Most Belgian Lover Horse Breeds 6 03-01-2007 05:36 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome