PETA (controversy) - Page 24
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Horse Resources > Horse Protection

PETA (controversy)

This is a discussion on PETA (controversy) within the Horse Protection forums, part of the Horse Resources category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-01-2009, 12:41 AM
      #231
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinshorses    
    They THINK they are doing alot to help them but in thier ignorance they usually do as much harm as they do good. Just because famous people are in an organization doesn't make it good. Most of the time, in my opinion, it does the opposite.
    what I meant by that is some of them have very good intentions like the famous people.They actually care and they aren't doing most of the ridiculous things the other people are doing.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-01-2009, 01:13 AM
      #232
    Trained
    Well considering those are quotes from the president of PETA and other higher ups in the organization, I think that is good enough reason to find a differant group if you want to try and help animals.

    If the people who manage the funds and decide what gets done are corrupt, it doesnt matter if there are other people with good intentions that got drug into it.
         
        11-01-2009, 12:35 PM
      #233
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alli09    
    what I meant by that is some of them have very good intentions like the famous people.They actually care and they aren't doing most of the ridiculous things the other people are doing.
    YOu can't be as naive as you sound. The famous people are the ones raising the money for the crazies to go out and burn down mink farmes and spike trees and all that other bull****. They know what goes on and they approve of it and use thier faces and persona's to get people like you to donate to them.

    If you want to make a difference then do it on your own. Go to a local non-affiliated animal shelter and donate a hundred dollars worth of dog food.
         
        11-01-2009, 01:55 PM
      #234
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinshorses    

    If you want to make a difference then do it on your own. Go to a local non-affiliated animal shelter and donate a hundred dollars worth of dog food.
    I have done this for years along with being a foster home for our local small animal rescue. I refuse to give cash but go and buy feed cat litter treats and so on and take them in to the shelters or rescue for the animals. This make a huge difference and it is local so you can see what your $$ is doing and who it is helping. You have much more control.
         
        11-01-2009, 01:58 PM
      #235
    Foal
    Lol I've never donated to PETA.I don't agree with what SOME of the people do.The famous people don't give money so they can go out and do those things.They give money to help with all the stuff that they make for PETA.
         
        11-01-2009, 02:06 PM
      #236
    Trained
    Allie, I am sure you have the animals best interest in mind. There is no doubt in my mind about that. However I am wondering why it matters what the famous people are doing? PETA is a big name. As is HSUS. In general, "Famous people" are going to donate to large organizations. I don't think that when people donate their money, they necessarily look into the organization enough. We see enough times when so called rescues get tons of donations and then end up getting closed down months later because they have too many mouths to feed or their horses we're continuing to be neglected. Just because something looks good on the outside does not mean it is benefiting the cause.

    So my question is why support PETA when it's president and funders put human lives at risk and have blatantly said they wouldn't mind if our pets stopped existing because it is unnatural...? Why not instead support organizations who truly put the animals first?

    I'm not trying to bash you or anything, Im actually curious. People seem to donate to organizations and "support" them with no real basis. Sure they may have good intentions, but in organizations that big, there are always politics and your looneys.
         
        11-01-2009, 04:14 PM
      #237
    Trained
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by alli09    
    lol I've never donated to PETA.I don't agree with what SOME of the people do.The famous people don't give money so they can go out and do those things.They give money to help with all the stuff that they make for PETA.
    I think you're living in the perfect state for you. The last sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Your arguments are a bit idiotic and tiresome.
         
        11-01-2009, 09:16 PM
      #238
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kevinshorses    
    I think you're living in the perfect state for you. The last sentence doesn't make any sense to me. Your arguments are a bit idiotic and tiresome.
    meaning all the close and accesories. And how do you think that they travel to different countries to fight causes there?
         
        11-01-2009, 09:19 PM
      #239
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spastic_Dove    
    Allie, I am sure you have the animals best interest in mind. There is no doubt in my mind about that. However I am wondering why it matters what the famous people are doing? PETA is a big name. As is HSUS. In general, "Famous people" are going to donate to large organizations. I don't think that when people donate their money, they necessarily look into the organization enough. We see enough times when so called rescues get tons of donations and then end up getting closed down months later because they have too many mouths to feed or their horses we're continuing to be neglected. Just because something looks good on the outside does not mean it is benefiting the cause.

    So my question is why support PETA when it's president and funders put human lives at risk and have blatantly said they wouldn't mind if our pets stopped existing because it is unnatural...? Why not instead support organizations who truly put the animals first?

    I'm not trying to bash you or anything, Im actually curious. People seem to donate to organizations and "support" them with no real basis. Sure they may have good intentions, but in organizations that big, there are always politics and your looneys.
    I do not donate or support some of the things they do. I love what some of the people are doing in the company though.Some of them are doing good for the animals. Order a dvd from PETA(It's free) and see how some of the people on it feel about the animals.Not all are those crazy 'looneys'.
         
        11-01-2009, 10:20 PM
      #240
    Chat Moderator
    WATCH IT!! Alli09 and kevinshorses: while both of you feel strongly about PETA and the other issues connected to them. Fighting will not help either of you get your points across and in fact will turn some people on the fence away from your side. Either of you have cross the line yet but are headed that way at a full gallop and are spurring.

    http://www.horseforum.com/horse-foru...rum-rules-354/

    Conscientious Etiquette Policy
         

    Tags
    abuse, arson, cruelty, peta

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    PETA has outdone themselves Sissimut-icehestar General Off Topic Discussion 10 11-18-2008 10:53 AM
    PETA and Human Milk???????????? Angel_Leaguer General Off Topic Discussion 36 09-30-2008 01:04 AM
    opinions on peta Snapple122 General Off Topic Discussion 15 08-11-2008 08:48 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:56 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0