1. What connection do you have to horses? I have been riding for maybethree years and a bit now.
2. Do you have any experience of the racing industry? (If so, please state
what, no matter how small) Nothing. I have only been to watch one once, it is not a big part of my connection to horses.
3. Do you have first hand experience of dealing with racehorses? No.
4. Do you believe in horse racing? Yes.
5. How well on a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel race horses are treated
before their career? (1 being badly and 10 being well) It depends on the place. They generally seem happy and well-cared for, and are obviously very fit, so they must have been traind well and had good experience with humans. It depends though 7-8.
6. How well on a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel race horses are treated
during their career? (1 being badly and 10 being well) Well, they have to be fit and well-cared for to race. 8-9.
7. How well on a scale of 1 to 10 do you feel race horses are treated
after their career? (1 being badly and 10 being well) They are mostly sent to sale and sometimes used as riding horses. I agree with AlexS, with this it depends on the human and the trainer. I can't speak for everyone.
8. How do you think the care of racehorses could be improved? They seem well-cared for on the whole, but two year olds seem too young to race. Riding horses in schools are normally not broken in until 2-3.
9. When injured do you believe racehorses are given the best chance
of recovery? It depends on the place. Some places, they are taking up thier space and it's the meat yard for them, others I can't speak for. They are probably all for it to spend as much time as needed to nurse their horse to health, but unless it is a VERY good horse, fo most places, I suppose it's gone.
10. Do you believe in the rehabilitation of racehorses? Yes
11. Would you take on a healthy retired racehorse? Definitley.
12. Where are you from? England.
13. Approximately how many racehorse deaths are their from injury a
year, where you are from? Why would I know that? I don't make a habit of counting every horse that die from injuries, I switch the channel if it's on the news.
14. Do you know if this number has increased or decreased in recent
years? ^same, no idea.
If your horse says no, you either asked the wrong question, or asked the question wrong.* ~Pat Parelli
Last edited by Mike_Admin; 03-09-2011 at 07:15 AM.