3 yr old hind leg confirmation
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

3 yr old hind leg confirmation

This is a discussion on 3 yr old hind leg confirmation within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • HORSE BACK LEG CONFORMATION
  • 2idjack horse

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    07-15-2010, 10:52 PM
  #1
Foal
3 yr old hind leg confirmation

Here is our 3 yr old 2ID Jack Filly, worried about her back legs. I think I know what I see but wanted to see what everyone else here thinks.
She is 'rope-horse' bred but waiting to see her strengths are after home from the trainer but doubt she will become rope horse.
Trying to educate ourselves on confirmation think we might have difficulties but on the other hand she's still growing in a big way and think she's still got a lot of leg to grow into yet. Hoping some of her unlevel angles will even out in time. Thinking she will eventually be pretty big maybe one who is still growing at 6 or 7... LOL ...
Regardless we love her anyway but ready for your comments ....always learning....
PS unfortuntely most of these pics are of her standing uphill







Well behaved women rarely make history.....I plan to go out as a legend!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 05092010 141.jpg (78.8 KB, 174 views)
File Type: jpg 05092010 113.jpg (81.0 KB, 175 views)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    07-15-2010, 11:00 PM
  #2
Banned
They look pretty good to me, she looks like she could use some muscle, but I don't know much about conformation. :)
     
    07-15-2010, 11:04 PM
  #3
Started
Her legs just look really post-y to me. Her hocks don't have much bend, they're rather upright.

Someone better with confo might have a better answer, but that's my two cents ;)
     
    07-15-2010, 11:08 PM
  #4
Foal
Angel

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelWithoutWings54    
They look pretty good to me, she looks like she could use some muscle, but I don't know much about conformation. :)
She just came of range -herd never excercised or ridden
     
    07-15-2010, 11:44 PM
  #5
Started
She looks decent for pasture condition.
Oh, and I'll add that she has really upright pasterns, which is making her look more post-legged and it also makes her legs appear longer.
     
    07-16-2010, 08:17 AM
  #6
Yearling
Her rears do look pretty straight, but her position could have a lot to do with that. I'd love to see a pic of her square on level ground. While certain conformation issues never completely go away, also keep in mind that she has another 2-4 years of growth in her and that can make a big difference. Pretty girl by the way!
     
    07-16-2010, 11:48 AM
  #7
Foal
Thanks Jacksmama

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmama    
Her rears do look pretty straight, but her position could have a lot to do with that. I'd love to see a pic of her square on level ground. While certain conformation issues never completely go away, also keep in mind that she has another 2-4 years of growth in her and that can make a big difference. Pretty girl by the way!
So if they are too straight lets talk about how it can affect her riding wise....sigh.....I know I wish I could get some better pics but she's at the trainers right now.
Trainer said she is really really dull he has to peddle her to get her to move she's gentle and doesn't buck but I am serisouly depressed now. To explain I just traded my 22yrold (grade)versatile fun-riding mare for a younger 7 yr old reg Hancock mare that is so "deadheaded" to ride that I've lost my passion. She is way way calm and Ok on cattle but to ride down the rode she just hates life you can do this and do that but to make a horse try to have passion for something they really don't like to do is a never ending battle. Sounds like I've got two slow ones now.
     
    07-16-2010, 12:02 PM
  #8
Foal
Leg Confirmation...More pictures

Here's more pictures of her when she was first brought from pasture. She was a sick girl.....long story but she had wood somehow lodged ontop her back but down inside, 2 inches almost to her spinal cord her back that had to surgically be removed .....
Anyway the 4th pic name Jackie is the most recent "level" one I think I have.
ANd thought this might help here is her mother....
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 977BG.jpg (63.2 KB, 138 views)
File Type: jpg B000G.jpg (80.8 KB, 135 views)
File Type: jpg .;pBG.jpg (88.6 KB, 136 views)
File Type: jpg jackie 078.jpg (28.7 KB, 133 views)
File Type: jpg P9250694.jpg (48.3 KB, 141 views)
     
    07-16-2010, 02:27 PM
  #9
Showing
What I see is that her entire back end is very straight. Her croup is really steep and couple that with her posty legs just makes her look wonky. That shouldn't really affect her riding ability though it may make her hard to collect and she may be a bit rough riding. What concernes me the most is how straight her pasterns are. That shouldn't affect how she rides but it makes her more prone to leg lameness as they are sustaining more concussion with every stride.
     
    07-16-2010, 03:12 PM
  #10
Foal
.........

Can you see my new pics above- they are only icons to me now for some reason.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smrobs    
What I see is that her entire back end is very straight. Her croup is really steep and couple that with her posty legs just makes her look wonky. That shouldn't really affect her riding ability though it may make her hard to collect and she may be a bit rough riding. What concernes me the most is how straight her pasterns are. That shouldn't affect how she rides but it makes her more prone to leg lameness as they are sustaining more concussion with every stride.
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How is her confirmation? maderiaismine05 Horse Breeds 3 05-12-2010 09:07 AM
How is her confirmation? maderiaismine05 Horse Riding Critique 5 05-02-2010 11:21 PM
Eventing, the right confirmation? SallyBaby Eventing 13 03-31-2010 10:52 PM
Which horse has better confirmation? whitetrashwarmblood Horse Riding Critique 15 11-05-2008 07:41 PM
Confirmation Gammelquarterhorses Horse Riding Critique 20 03-21-2007 09:50 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:26 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0