Great responses everyone :] Thanks a lot!
Ok, first, the conformation critiques: Feet - I do agree, they look very small, but to me it looks more as if they are over-worn, as opposed to too small. She may be running on very rocky country or similar... But I could be wrong.
Her back - I have noticed the slight roaching in her back. Bundy actualkly has the exact same thing! I don't see that as a problem, it is very slight and again may have improved with a bit of maturity.
Downhill - This doesn't bother me too much at the moment, as young horses are often very downhill, especially QH bred... Although that may change if I can get some more recent photos and the problem is still there.
Neck - I do agree her neck looks to tie in funny. Although, I do think the way the mane is in the photo also changes the look of it... Not sure on that one. But not sure if it would be too huge of a problem.
The main things I would be doing with her would be campdrafting, (yes, this is very similar to your working cow horse/little bit of cutting!) A bit of polocrosse, mounted games, and gaming. I would also do a bit of everything, but those are the things I do seriously.
Price - I looked up her sire, Exceptionist, and his stud fee was $2,500!!! That makes her price not too bad. Her lines on the bottom are also quite good, her grandsire on the bottom is in the AAA hall of fame. So the breeding is there. I would definately look to negotiate, probably offer $1500, as she is unbroke, etc.
Another plus with her breeding, is a long way down the line I may look to breed her, and I think she would be a good cross on an ASH. (This would not be for a long time though, after she has been a successful riding horse etc. Also the foal would be registerable 1st cross ASH)
I decided that I will call the poepl today and ask my list of questions:
How tall is she? (This could be the deal breaker, as if she is much bigger than 15h, she would not be practical for MG which is what I do the most)
What handling has she had? Ie. Catching/Farrier/Leading/Tying/Trailering.
Any health problems?
Any recent Photo's?
Can anyone think of anything else I should ask?
If I did decide to go look at her, I could probably go up on a saturday soon, but we would have to ether bring her back then or wait a month or two, as the rest of my weekends are full up with 2-day competitions.
Re. a vet check, I would feel more comfortable if I could take her on a week/two week trial so that I could get MY vet to look at her and out of her natural environment. Of course that would count on the owner agreeing.
Flying high, very good point, but I know I will sell him :] I alreadyhave my forever pony, Wildey, and if I kept Bundy then I could never get another horse until one or both of them passed on. I thrive on the challenge of training, and that is the POV I have purchased my last few horses on. Horses I can put good solid training and experience on and then sell to another good home. Resale value is also a big thing as I am slowly working my way up the quality of horse I can buy. I'm hoping to eventually sell bundy for 10k. Which would def. be enough to buy another horse! (I do love Bundy, probably my favourite horse I have worked with yet. But I won't have a problem selling him, will just be sad) However I had been toying with the idea of getting an unbroke horse next. So this would just be a bit early... lol.