If you look in this
thread, I was considering/weighing up the pros and cons of buying an unbroke, registered Appaloosa/QH filly.
Well... I have found another horse that may be a better option for me.
Here he is:
Ad: Reg ASH 2yo Colt
Okay. Reasons this may be a better option.
1. He is a registered ASH. ASH are my favourite breed. I currently own one and am venturing into the world of ASH breed shows, which I really enjoy. I would like to keep showing ASH shows. Also, ASH is the favoured breed for campdrafting, which I am also interested in, as well as Polocrosse. I am already a member of the ASH society. I would be able to show him in led classes before he was broken, which would be good exposure, without joining a new society.
2. He is a boy. Admittedly, he is a colt, but I would certainly geld him. I don't have the facilities or the time to responsibly care for a stallion. A gelding would fit in with our little band of horses, who are all geldings also. It would also avoid any POSSIBLE problems with a mare, attitude changes, etc.
3. Conformation. To my eyes (feel free to correct me!) he doesn't look to have any of the slight conformational problems that the filly has. He looks to have decent enough conformation to be a good led showing prospect, no apparent blemishes. Also looks compact enough to be compatible with my main choice of disciplines (cow work, agility based sports ie polocrosse/MG.)
You have all been very helpful in the other thread. SO I ask the samething here. What do you think of him? And which do you think would be the better decision? He is half the price of the filly, which is a consideration. About the same distance in the other direction to go and see, so would be in the same situation regarding vet check, etc.
Not a lot fo information in the ad, no info on his breeding, height, etc. I would be more inclined to think he is a better height than the filly, simply because ASH are bred to be smaller than QH/appy's. Once I find out his breeding, i'll let you know.