Can You See An Improvement?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Can You See An Improvement?

This is a discussion on Can You See An Improvement? within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-15-2010, 12:58 PM
      #1
    Yearling
    Can You See An Improvement?

    Just wondering if you can see an improvement and wondering were else I can improve on?
    Sorry for the blurriness of sse of the pics and bad camera angles:/ I personally see a huuge improvement but I want to know what you all think.
    The pics go in order of newest to oldest:)
    Thanks;)
    The 1st 4 are the newer ones
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg M4H00683(2).jpg (41.4 KB, 165 views)
    File Type: jpg M4H00685(3).jpg (42.5 KB, 165 views)
    File Type: jpg M4H00719(22).jpg (49.7 KB, 164 views)
    File Type: jpg M4H00154(2).jpg (42.5 KB, 165 views)
    File Type: jpg Oscar Jumping.jpg (53.8 KB, 164 views)
    File Type: jpg Oscar Jumping xPole.jpg (23.7 KB, 164 views)
    File Type: jpg 3769410621a9817024248l.jpg (16.4 KB, 166 views)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-15-2010, 01:19 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    I see a huge improvement. In the newer ones all I can say is push your heels down. You legs look good, they are under you. In the last 2 your legs are to far back. And I would suggest a little more release. Great Job :)
         
        03-15-2010, 01:23 PM
      #3
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xoSonnyLove1234    
    I see a huge improvement. In the newer ones all I can say is push your heels down. You legs look good, they are under you. In the last 2 your legs are to far back. And I would suggest a little more release. Great Job :)
    thanks:)
    Alright il do that thanks:)
    Yeah the last 3 are the older ones (from start of last year):)
    X
         
        03-15-2010, 03:12 PM
      #4
    Green Broke
    A lot better! I think you still need to work on your crest release over the bigger jumps though, let your horse have his head. It doesnt matter so much over smaller jumps :)
    Really good jumper youve got there
         
        03-15-2010, 05:00 PM
      #5
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedy da fish    
    a lot better! I think you still need to work on your crest release over the bigger jumps though, let your horse have his head. It doesnt matter so much over smaller jumps :)
    Really good jumper youve got there
    ok:) thanks:) I had a bit of a confidence crusher of a fall and just only got my confidence back there:) but il give more over the jumps:) thanks:)
    I know he's amaazing! Soo honest and just wants to please me!
         
        03-16-2010, 06:38 AM
      #6
    Banned
    Lower leg is defintely more secure, and your release is better as well.

    Still work on pointing the toe forward and gripping with the flat of your calf, rather than the back. When your leg is truly underneath you, you'll find it easier to open your upper body angle/get further away from his neck.

    Keep up the good work.
         
        03-16-2010, 11:11 AM
      #7
    Trained
    Very nice jumper. Lots of improvement, definitely. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I cringed at one of those old photos, you wer elike sideways over his neck and I'm like O.O

    Lolz. Anyway, the only critique I can offer you is put your heels down and a little more release. Buuut you were already told that :)

    Good job!
         
        03-16-2010, 01:37 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maura    
    Lower leg is defintely more secure, and your release is better as well.

    Still work on pointing the toe forward and gripping with the flat of your calf, rather than the back. When your leg is truly underneath you, you'll find it easier to open your upper body angle/get further away from his neck.

    Keep up the good work.
    Thanks:)
    Yeah that's what Im working away on now. Toes pointed forward and thumbs on top of the reins. I've got into a bad habit of not having thumbs ontop of the reins so trying to iron that out too:)
    Thanks:)
         
        03-16-2010, 01:38 PM
      #9
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SorrelHorse    
    Very nice jumper. Lots of improvement, definitely. I don't mean to sound like a jerk but I cringed at one of those old photos, you wer elike sideways over his neck and I'm like O.O

    Lolz. Anyway, the only critique I can offer you is put your heels down and a little more release. Buuut you were already told that :)

    Good job!
    Thanks:)
    Aw don't worry I cringed A LOT looking at those pics and old videos! I had lost all confidence in him jumping so I stopped giving with my hands but were over that now:)
    Thanks a lot:)
         
        03-16-2010, 02:39 PM
      #10
    Banned
    Looking good!
    You want to definitely do more of a release and move your hands up horses neck more.
    Your doing good!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Improvement? And Critique :) xxJustJumpItxx Horse Riding Critique 10 11-10-2009 06:24 PM
    improvement much? madisonfriday Horse Pictures 3 09-11-2009 01:24 PM
    Improvement Much? NordicJuniper Horse Riding Critique 5 08-05-2009 04:31 AM
    Improvement? RedHawk Horse Riding Critique 17 09-23-2008 08:07 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:51 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0