Check her out- Another dressage prospect
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Check her out- Another dressage prospect

This is a discussion on Check her out- Another dressage prospect within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-11-2008, 06:56 PM
      #1
    Foal
    Check her out- Another dressage prospect

    Okay- still on my search...it may never end

    5yr old warmblood (paint x Belgian) mare. 15.1 hh. Her downfall...just started under saddle with no rides under her belt. Talked to her owner and she SAYS she would probably only need a good 30 days with a professional trainer to finish up- says she is super kind, not marish etc...great ground manners. Hoping to get further pics and video later tonight- but confo wise...can you see this chick doing dressage?



    Thanks guys- REALLY apreciate all the help you have given me.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-11-2008, 07:41 PM
      #2
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatieStanley    
    Okay- still on my search...it may never end

    5yr old warmblood (paint x Belgian) mare. 15.1 hh. Her downfall...just started under saddle with no rides under her belt. Talked to her owner and she SAYS she would probably only need a good 30 days with a professional trainer to finish up- says she is super kind, not marish etc...great ground manners. Hoping to get further pics and video later tonight- but confo wise...can you see this chick doing dressage?

    Thanks guys- REALLY apreciate all the help you have given me.
    Well first of all you have a 5 year old DRAFT cross...not a warmblood.

    Can't see any major thing wrong but she does look thick in the throatlatch. I also feel she is a bit top heavy with more body on her compared to the legs and would have some concern to how she will stand up under training/work.

    My questions here are....why is she 5 years old without having anything done to her and just what are they asking for this greenie draft cross?

    I do like the color though.
         
        11-11-2008, 09:05 PM
      #3
    Banned
    Spyder, correct me if I'm wrong...but can't draft crosses be American Warmbloods?
         
        11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
      #4
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SonnyWimps    
    Spyder, correct me if I'm wrong...but can't draft crosses be American Warmbloods?

    By breeding NO.

    By registration YES. This means that the horse MUST be registered and pass the full registration requirements either by performance or inspestion.

    A draft cross by itself does not equate to an American warmblood.
         
        11-11-2008, 09:12 PM
      #5
    Foal
    They are asking 2000- and I asked the same question spyder- she hasn't written me back yet.
         
        11-11-2008, 09:15 PM
      #6
    Banned
    Personally I like this horse. And I think she'd make a great dressage horse. And her color isss soooo pretty
         
        11-11-2008, 09:17 PM
      #7
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatieStanley    
    They are asking 2000- and I asked the same question spyder- she hasn't written me back yet.

    Only if she has AWS papers can she be warmblood by registration. She would not be eligible for AWR papers. She would have to have been inspected for if she has no under saddle work then there is no way she could have gotten papers by performance.

    Unfortunately too many people are calling all sorts of crosses ( usually draft crosses as warmblood) because they show up under the search function and people think they can get more money for them.


    $2,000.00 is WAY WAY too much money.
         
        11-11-2008, 09:18 PM
      #8
    Foal
    - Also she is reg as a WB per the owner
         
        11-11-2008, 09:20 PM
      #9
    Foal
    I know 2000 is over priced- I was thinking more like $1000?
         
        11-11-2008, 09:21 PM
      #10
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatieStanley    
    - Also she is reg as a WB per the owner

    I would want to see papers ( or copies) and I would ask them what preferred level did she pass inspection at.

    If they can't answer that question they don't have papers.

    Edited to add with papers maybe $1,000 if you really like her...without papers no more than $600.00
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Possible dressage prospect? KatieStanley Horse Riding Critique 9 11-02-2008 08:59 PM
    Possible Prospect ak_showgirl Horse Riding Critique 6 09-14-2008 12:54 PM
    Prospect? Gillian Horse Riding Critique 14 08-11-2008 02:43 PM
    Show Prospect...? Delregans Way Horse Riding Critique 14 02-10-2008 04:54 PM
    jumping prospect? celigirl88 Horse Riding Critique 0 10-23-2007 08:02 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0