citique my barrel racing horse - Page 4
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

citique my barrel racing horse

This is a discussion on citique my barrel racing horse within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree71Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-18-2011, 09:44 PM
      #31
    Banned
    Oh my. I support everyone's right to breed as they choose, so am not criticizing you, but out of curiosity why did you choose to breed a mare with so many conformation issues?
    Allison Finch likes this.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-19-2011, 01:15 PM
      #32
    Yearling
    The thread is very interesting ...
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        08-20-2011, 01:53 PM
      #33
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Faceman    
    Oh my. I support everyone's right to breed as they choose, so am not criticizing you, but out of curiosity why did you choose to breed a mare with so many conformation issues?
    because she was out for 6 months and I want a foal
         
        08-20-2011, 02:29 PM
      #34
    Green Broke
    Do you have the experience or facilities/income for a foal? Just curious, as they are a lot of work.

    Your mare looks like a sweet girl, but I agree with what has already been posted: She is not very nicely conformed, and in my opinion, breeding her was a mistake, but like I said, just my opinion. I do hope you found a decent stallion with very good conformation to try balance out your mare.

    Do you have a plan for the foal, or is it just a "foals are so very cute and I want one!!" type of breeding? If you have a plan for the foal, I hope you have someone to help you, and if not, then I think keeping it would be a mistake. But if it comes out with conformation like it's dam, you may have a very hard time selling it.

    Best of luck.
         
        08-20-2011, 03:22 PM
      #35
    Foal
    I don't know why you think that hopping from forum to forum is going to get you a different response the mare's injury doesn't surprise me at all considering her conformation, and I hope by a stroke of luck the foal is more conformationally sound than its dam. Had you not already bred this horse, people would suggest you buy a foal already on the ground that can better suit your needs. There are plenty out there. As it stands, I hope you are prepared to provide for this foal even if it doesn't prove capable of meeting your expectations.

    Since this is supposed to be a critique about the mare, I'll add my piece. Very long back (may have problems carrying a foal so you should monitor this with your vet), calf knees, sickle hocks, a steep shoulder and a long ewe neck. She also looks a tad wasp waisted in that photo. I know she's been laid up for six months, but I can't see conditioning doing anything to change bone structure. Her build and overall muscling suggests she works a lot on the forehand, which puts a large amount of strain on already weak front legs, however the long back will make it more difficult for this horse to work off her hind end (a slight downhill build - though it may just be the photo - exasperates this). Long term soundness is a huge concern for this horse.
    smrobs, Jessabel, NdAppy and 6 others like this.
         
        08-25-2011, 11:28 PM
      #36
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gremmy    
    I don't know why you think that hopping from forum to forum is going to get you a different response the mare's injury doesn't surprise me at all considering her conformation, and I hope by a stroke of luck the foal is more conformationally sound than its dam. Had you not already bred this horse, people would suggest you buy a foal already on the ground that can better suit your needs. There are plenty out there. As it stands, I hope you are prepared to provide for this foal even if it doesn't prove capable of meeting your expectations.

    Since this is supposed to be a critique about the mare, I'll add my piece. Very long back (may have problems carrying a foal so you should monitor this with your vet), calf knees, sickle hocks, a steep shoulder and a long ewe neck. She also looks a tad wasp waisted in that photo. I know she's been laid up for six months, but I can't see conditioning doing anything to change bone structure. Her build and overall muscling suggests she works a lot on the forehand, which puts a large amount of strain on already weak front legs, however the long back will make it more difficult for this horse to work off her hind end (a slight downhill build - though it may just be the photo - exasperates this). Long term soundness is a huge concern for this horse.

    Umm im not hopping from fourm to fourm I am simply asking in other fourms please keep your ignorant comments to your self
         
        08-25-2011, 11:32 PM
      #37
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveStory10    
    Do you have the experience or facilities/income for a foal? Just curious, as they are a lot of work.

    Your mare looks like a sweet girl, but I agree with what has already been posted: She is not very nicely conformed, and in my opinion, breeding her was a mistake, but like I said, just my opinion. I do hope you found a decent stallion with very good conformation to try balance out your mare.

    Do you have a plan for the foal, or is it just a "foals are so very cute and I want one!!" type of breeding? If you have a plan for the foal, I hope you have someone to help you, and if not, then I think keeping it would be a mistake. But if it comes out with conformation like it's dam, you may have a very hard time selling it.

    Best of luck.
    haha ya my aunt has an arabian ranch and we have foals all the time she is a retired vet and she will be there to help with the foaling and every thing and here is a link to the stud

    CW Warpaint Ranch's - ChicOlenasSugarDaddy
         
        08-25-2011, 11:34 PM
      #38
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveStory10    
    Do you have the experience or facilities/income for a foal? Just curious, as they are a lot of work.

    Your mare looks like a sweet girl, but I agree with what has already been posted: She is not very nicely conformed, and in my opinion, breeding her was a mistake, but like I said, just my opinion. I do hope you found a decent stallion with very good conformation to try balance out your mare.

    Do you have a plan for the foal, or is it just a "foals are so very cute and I want one!!" type of breeding? If you have a plan for the foal, I hope you have someone to help you, and if not, then I think keeping it would be a mistake. But if it comes out with conformation like it's dam, you may have a very hard time selling it.

    Best of luck.


    Oh and like I said this is not about the breeding its about my mare so please don't talk about that if I wanted to talk about that I would have asked
         
        08-25-2011, 11:35 PM
      #39
    Banned
    Which comments are ignorant? The ones telling you that the mare, for whom you solicited a conformation critique, has quite honestly awful conformation and that it was irresponsible for a person who wants to produce quality, marketable stock to breed her?
         
        08-26-2011, 12:07 AM
      #40
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba13    
    Which comments are ignorant? The ones telling you that the mare, for whom you solicited a conformation critique, has quite honestly awful conformation and that it was irresponsible for a person who wants to produce quality, marketable stock to breed her?
    no I asked for your guys input she is claiming I am jumping forum to forum when im trying to get other peoples input XD
         

    Tags
    barrel racing, gymkhana, pole bending, rodeo

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Raining Horse for Barrel Racing Shiny Barrel Racing 10 02-25-2011 01:55 PM
    what bit is best for barrel racing, how do i start my horse barrelgrl Western Riding 3 08-15-2008 03:38 AM
    How do I determine if my horse could do barrel racing? americancowgurl31391 Horse Training 17 01-29-2008 10:04 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:15 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0