Could you critique me and Phoebe? Jumping and Dressage :D
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Could you critique me and Phoebe? Jumping and Dressage :D

This is a discussion on Could you critique me and Phoebe? Jumping and Dressage :D within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        03-13-2010, 08:27 AM
      #1
    Started
    Could you critique me and Phoebe? Jumping and Dressage :D

    Hey everyone could you please critique me and phoebe, could you critique my riding and Phoebe's form over the jumps as well as her movement in dressage and anything else that shouts at you thanks so much

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        03-13-2010, 09:32 AM
      #2
    Started
    Bumping this up
         
        03-13-2010, 10:03 AM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Hi,
    Cross country looked vey good :) and your horse looked the best out of them all (no offence to them), she was more honest and had scopey jumps

    Dressage:
    First thing I noticed was no outline ?
    You also need to keep in the corners and meet the boards at E and B on your circle.
    I noticed that you were leaning around the circle in canter and your hands were low
    Try not to move your hands as you rise to the trot
    Your position in XC and dressage was beautiful apart from the things I said.

    SJ:
    Position over jumps = really good
    Some of the angles to the jumps were a bit risky though! But she jumped them very well anyway :)
         
        03-13-2010, 10:05 AM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Oh and sometimes she puts a little extra stride in and once she left one out (which looked fun), some grid work will sort that out
         
        03-13-2010, 10:05 AM
      #5
    Banned
    You will need to develope a ton more accuracy, balance controled impulsion in the dressage.

    Corners cut off, resistance in the horse and transitions that are unbalanced are evident throughout.

    The test appeared to be "rushed" and lacked smoothness. The horse will need to be rounder to get any of the above.
         
        03-13-2010, 11:19 AM
      #6
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedy da fish    
    hi,
    Cross country looked vey good :) and your horse looked the best out of them all (no offence to them), she was more honest and had scopey jumps

    Dressage:
    First thing I noticed was no outline ?
    You also need to keep in the corners and meet the boards at E and B on your circle.
    I noticed that you were leaning around the circle in canter and your hands were low
    Try not to move your hands as you rise to the trot
    Your position in XC and dressage was beautiful apart from the things I said.

    SJ:
    Position over jumps = really good
    Some of the angles to the jumps were a bit risky though! But she jumped them very well anyway :)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by speedy da fish    
    oh and sometimes she puts a little extra stride in and once she left one out (which looked fun), some grid work will sort that out
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spyder    
    You will need to develope a ton more accuracy, balance controled impulsion in the dressage.

    Corners cut off, resistance in the horse and transitions that are unbalanced are evident throughout.

    The test appeared to be "rushed" and lacked smoothness. The horse will need to be rounder to get any of the above.
    Okay I know she was not in an outline but I don't want to force her into that, yes corners are a big thing I need to work on thank you Thank you for your help speedy da fish I will work on those things you mentioned

    Spyder thank you very much for commenting on my thread first of all I love your advice

    So I would like to ask in response to your post how would I get more controlled impulsion?

    Also how would I go about improving my transitions with her?

    And lastly how would I get her rounder?

    I know I have to get her to use her hind end and her back properly before she can be rounder so how would I go about this?
         
        03-13-2010, 11:39 AM
      #7
    Started
    Anyone else?
         
        03-13-2010, 01:24 PM
      #8
    Weanling
    Beides what has already been said you look great!!!AHAHAH I just watched your youtube video on my channel and logen on here and was like hmm this looks like the one I just watched!
         
        03-13-2010, 01:29 PM
      #9
    Started
    Lol that might be because it is the one you just watched lol I will have more cross country clips tomorrow because I am going out to hunter trials
         
        03-13-2010, 02:01 PM
      #10
    Weanling
    Ok ill be looking!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    First dressage show with Phoebe :D savvylover112 Dressage 6 02-17-2010 07:31 AM
    Critique my Jumping and Dressage! Alli Horse Riding Critique 3 12-16-2009 12:40 AM
    Critique my Jumping and Dressage! Alli Horse Riding Critique 6 11-01-2009 05:52 PM
    Jumping & Dressage Critique eventerwannabe Horse Riding Critique 4 09-24-2009 12:54 AM
    can you critique me and phoebe please? lots of pics savvylover112 Horse Riding Critique 12 09-04-2009 03:10 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:31 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0