Crit. the HECK out of these two! [Welsh Stallions]
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Crit. the HECK out of these two! [Welsh Stallions]

This is a discussion on Crit. the HECK out of these two! [Welsh Stallions] within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-01-2010, 11:58 AM
      #1
    Green Broke
    Crit. the HECK out of these two! [Welsh Stallions]

    Okay I want HARD, HARSH critiques!!! They are not my horses, but I would like to use either one or the other next year. I would be using Mardi Gras, but he is on the other side of country, & I cannot afford to ship semen & use AI, and risk my mare not catching.

    I would be driving my mare out to one of these stallions, and YES I have plans for a foal. I know exactly what I want, and I think breeding is the best option. My mare is a "ranch horse", very versatile in her under-saddle work, she will be shown in the local hunter ring this summer, works well with children, has very few issues (all that I post are training errors, nothing psychological, except claustrophobia), etc.

    I want a foal this will not only excel in the hunter ring, but can work the livestock around my farm (such as my mare does). I want a quiet horse that I KNOW. I do not know my horses completely, especially in their past experiences.. I only know small fragments of virtually useless information. I feel that their past is a barrier for their future - & I do not want another horse like that. The foal would be hand raised, with people around with no intentions of harm.

    This year I have to work of some community service - I found a way to work at my lesson barn, where they breed hunter ponies. Part of their breeding concerns Welsh/TB, so I can learn from that.

    I also would like to learn dressage and how to show in halter shows, with a half WPCSA registered foal (for the halter shows) I can do this.

    Anyways, here are the two stallions I have narrowed my searches to;
    #1.) Evan's Marcus
    • 12.2hh
    • WPCSA reg., AWR reg., & ASPR reg.
    • Dessage, Hunter, & Halter.
    • In Garfeild, Kentucky [10 hours away from me]


    #2.) Rosmel's Scarlet Legacy
    • 13.2
    • WPCSA reg. -(B-43965)
    • Halter, Hunter. Hunter under-saddle, English Pleasure, & Dressage (prospect)
    • In Fletcher, North Carolina [7 hours away]


    Rosmel's Scarlet Legacy, Section B Welsh Pony Stallion

    I need serious opinions all in all, and I would prefer live cover. Any useful information I did not catch PLEASE tell me ASAP!
    Thanks.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-01-2010, 12:04 PM
      #2
    Green Broke
    What mare do you plan on breeding and do you have conformation pics of her?
         
        05-01-2010, 12:23 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Your post doesn't make the most sense. You could live cover and not take so you have spent more money in gas than AI and shipping semen. Mare care pr day dropping her off and picking her up is 2 round trips. Any way they are obviously both nice horses and I find it offensive to ask people to critic the heck out of 2 nice horses taht do not belong to you. Now let us critic your mare and I would not be offended by this
         
        05-01-2010, 12:25 PM
      #4
    Green Broke
    Nope I have no conformation pictures, & I don't want a bashing. I have my mind made up & you may call me ignorant, stupid, or whatever, I don't care at this point. This way my foal/breeding plan (IN ABOVE POST!)
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilovemyPhillip    

    I would be driving my mare out to one of these stallions, and YES I have plans for a foal. I know exactly what I want, and I think breeding is the best option. My mare is a "ranch horse", very versatile in her under-saddle work, she will be shown in the local hunter ring this summer, works well with children, has very few issues (all that I post are training errors, nothing psychological, except claustrophobia), etc.

    I want a foal this will not only excel in the hunter ring, but can work the livestock around my farm (such as my mare does). I want a quiet horse that I KNOW. I do not know my horses completely, especially in their past experiences.. I only know small fragments of virtually useless information. I feel that their past is a barrier for their future - & I do not want another horse like that. The foal would be hand raised, with people around with no intentions of harm.

    This year I have to work of some community service - I found a way to work at my lesson barn, where they breed hunter ponies. Part of their breeding concerns Welsh/TB, so I can learn from that.

    I also would like to learn dressage and how to show in halter shows, with a half WPCSA registered foal (for the halter shows) I can do this.
         
        05-01-2010, 12:32 PM
      #5
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by churumbeque    
    Your post doesn't make the most sense. You could live cover and not take so you have spent more money in gas than AI and shipping semen. Mare care pr day dropping her off and picking her up is 2 round trips. Any way they are obviously both nice horses and I find it offensive to ask people to critic the heck out of 2 nice horses taht do not belong to you. Now let us critic your mare and I would not be offended by this
    How is it offensive? I did not say either horse was bad, or worse than the other. I just asked opinions on which horses was better suited for my foal expectations. & frankly it doesn't matter if you are "offended" or not. I'm not trying to be rude at all but it doesn't have much relevance.
         
        05-01-2010, 01:54 PM
      #6
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ilovemyPhillip    
    Nope I have no conformation pictures, & I don't want a bashing.
    Oh I misunderstood what HARD, HARSH critiques!!!! Meant.
    They are both lovely stallions. Oh and if you can't afford shipping semen what are you going to do if you need extra medical care? Or a trailer tire?
         
        05-01-2010, 03:06 PM
      #7
    Yearling
    Why in the world are you bashing her? I will be first in line to say I bash irresponsible breeders, but this is unnecessary and foolish.

    She can afford it, she just doesn't want to pay for it and have her mare not catch. Then she'd have to pay for it TWICE. Live cover is better when it comes to semen count and having a better chance of catching. Don't see how this is something to sneer at. No matter how much money I had I wouldn't want to pay for something twice.

    Now I can't tell movement obviously, but I like the first pony better--he has a shorter back and a slightly nicer rump (they're both nice.) His hind end is angled well, his shoulder is nice nice nice, and he has a great neck too (though both show muscling of a rollkured horse... interesting!). I like both, but the first one is just a little better in my opinion.
         
        05-01-2010, 03:30 PM
      #8
    Green Broke
    They are both very nice stallys but we have to find the right one for YOUR mare not which one is the best.
         
        05-01-2010, 03:50 PM
      #9
    Banned
    I like the first one a lot he's very nice looking all of them are nice. But what breed is your mare?
         
        05-01-2010, 03:51 PM
      #10
    Banned
    http://www.horseforum.com/horses.php?horse=1940

    I am guessing this is your mare? Or is it a different one? Correct me please if I am wrong.
    I would like to see some pictures of her because these two horses may not be suited for what you need for breeding your mare.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Show off Welsh and Welsh crosses CheyAut Horse Pictures 5 06-11-2009 12:54 PM
    what the heck? What do you think this is? SonnyWimps Horse Health 2 05-25-2008 07:17 PM
    How in the heck... BluMagic Horse Artwork 2 02-24-2008 06:30 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:42 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0