Crit Me English - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Crit Me English

This is a discussion on Crit Me English within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree11Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-12-2013, 04:40 PM
      #11
    Trained
    You look good English but ditch that saddle, your position will improve greatly by just doing that! That is your biggest problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-13-2013, 12:56 PM
      #12
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    You look good English but ditch that saddle, your position will improve greatly by just doing that! That is your biggest problem.
    Posted via Mobile Device

    Thanks waresbear!! Saddle has since been sold, and I have been riding bareback, and Western and working on my seat and balance, some days I feel like Im doing great, and have great balance, and other days I feel like Im getting on for the first time! Lol
         
        01-14-2013, 08:39 AM
      #13
    Foal
    Gorgeous horse :)
    My main concern is - he's really young... I understand that being part TB he should be maturing faster, however, to me he looks like he still has quite a bit of growing and filling out to do, hence I wouldn't be riding him just yet. The weight on his back isn't doing him any favours.

    The bareback riding actually isn't too good for a horse's back either. Of course, it depends on how much of it you do and how often. Bear in mind that saddles are purposely made to distribute the weight evenly and the keep clear of the spine which is important if you want the back to be sound and well developed.

    When the time comes I would go for a dressage saddle or maybe for a GP/Dressage but just choose a brand and type that doesn't make you feel like you are tipping forward.

    P.S. Completely off topic but - do you have any Lithuanian heritage? Your last name (I'm assuming this by your nickname) sounds very Lithuanian :)
    New_image, Thyme and chubbypony like this.
         
        01-14-2013, 10:41 AM
      #14
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justina    
    Gorgeous horse :)
    My main concern is - he's really young... I understand that being part TB he should be maturing faster, however, to me he looks like he still has quite a bit of growing and filling out to do, hence I wouldn't be riding him just yet. The weight on his back isn't doing him any favours.

    The bareback riding actually isn't too good for a horse's back either. Of course, it depends on how much of it you do and how often. Bear in mind that saddles are purposely made to distribute the weight evenly and the keep clear of the spine which is important if you want the back to be sound and well developed.

    When the time comes I would go for a dressage saddle or maybe for a GP/Dressage but just choose a brand and type that doesn't make you feel like you are tipping forward.

    P.S. Completely off topic but - do you have any Lithuanian heritage? Your last name (I'm assuming this by your nickname) sounds very Lithuanian :)
    Thanks for the post! This post was originally made back in Oct 2012, honestly, have ridden him very little since then.

    As for the Lithuanian heritage, I sure do! My grandfather is originally from there, and eventually I would like to take a trip over there
         
        01-14-2013, 12:44 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by csimkunas6    
    Thanks for the post! This post was originally made back in Oct 2012, honestly, have ridden him very little since then.

    As for the Lithuanian heritage, I sure do! My grandfather is originally from there, and eventually I would like to take a trip over there

    I think it will do him a lot of good if he has some time off - both physically and mentally :) If it were me I would touch him until spring, and then start the lunge work to get him in better shape and muscle him up, then start riding very lightly in the summer. Are you planning on using him for English or Western?

    Again sorry about the OT If you ever decide to go on a trip over here let me know
         
        01-14-2013, 01:11 PM
      #16
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Justina    
    I think it will do him a lot of good if he has some time off - both physically and mentally :) If it were me I would touch him until spring, and then start the lunge work to get him in better shape and muscle him up, then start riding very lightly in the summer. Are you planning on using him for English or Western?

    Again sorry about the OT If you ever decide to go on a trip over here let me know
    Thats pretty much what I've been doing to be honest with you, I may have a day here or there where I will work him, but at the moment, I really don't have any place to work him how he needs to be, and I've been busy with some things, so that is what will most likely happen.

    No problem, about the question though, I've met quite a few people from over there through my highschool a few years ago!
         
        01-14-2013, 01:55 PM
      #17
    Yearling
    Not going to critigue but I have to say aftering looking at your pictures.....OH HOW I MISS THAT SAND WHERE YOU ARE!!!!! I love the mountains but darn I miss the coast.
         
        01-14-2013, 02:01 PM
      #18
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by toosexy4myspotz    
    Not going to critigue but I have to say aftering looking at your pictures.....OH HOW I MISS THAT SAND WHERE YOU ARE!!!!! I love the mountains but darn I miss the coast.
    Hahaha, and Im the opposite! I love it here on the coast, don't get me wrong, but I miss the mountains! Which is why, besides a fantastic job offer for my husband, we are moving back to the mountains of WV!!
         
        01-14-2013, 02:35 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    OH YAY!!! LoL LOVE the riding up here but its hard on us keeping our guys in tip top shape so we can ride around here. These mountains aint no joke. Our pasture puffs can't even make it on a 15 minute ride before they act like they are going to topple over.
         
        01-14-2013, 03:01 PM
      #20
    Showing
    While you're waiting on a saddle.. you should totally watch this video. Chair seat isn't always attributed entirely to your saddle. It's also how you sit. I know in western riding, you sit more on your pockets. In English riding, you need a balance between your pubic bone and your seat bones. If you sit too far forward on your pelvis, you tip forward. If you sit too far back, you lean back and your legs have no choice but to flop forwards.

    How To Practice Your Classical Seat In Horseback Riding - YouTube
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Confo crit 2yo TB? blue eyed pony Horse Conformation Critique 18 08-14-2012 05:12 AM
    English Riding Crit! QHriderKE Horse Riding Critique 6 03-11-2012 09:31 PM
    Crit. My Horses Please ShutUpJoe Horse Riding Critique 17 09-05-2011 11:05 PM
    crit him please huggingchester Horse Riding Critique 7 06-19-2011 04:01 PM
    Crit a Yearling Stoddard Horse Riding Critique 15 05-04-2011 06:34 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:08 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0