Critique:) Jumping :) - Page 3
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Critique:) Jumping :)

This is a discussion on Critique:) Jumping :) within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-10-2010, 11:52 AM
      #21
    Banned
    Of the photos you posted, this shows the best equitation: Your base of support is out of the saddle the correct amount and you are not ahead of his motion. However, it could be improved by lifting your upper body up and away from the neck. The amount of fold in your hip in this photo would be appropriate for a much higher fence.

    I find that this particular habit is often the result of stiffness/tenseness in the arm - when you move your hand and arm forward to release, your upper body goes with it because your elbow and shoulder aren't relaxed enough to allow your arm to move completely indepenently. On the flat, practice reaching up toward his ears while in two point, leaving your upper body still. That will give you an idea of how it should feel over fences.

    Hope that helps.

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-10-2010, 12:17 PM
      #22
    Foal
    You look great :) Like others said your stirrups are probably a little too short, but I shouldn't really say anything mine are considered "too long" by "American standrads" (I learned to ride in Russia). A trainer here told me that if I am still comfortable and secure in the saddle, and not interfiering with the horse, that I should be alright, she also said that she watched the world sj championships and I rode just like the Swedish girls, lol. So, if you are comfortable & secure & not intefiering with your horse, then don't worry TOO much about it.
    Also, have you thought about an automatic release? Personally I am not a fan of the crest release, personal opinion, I was taught to jump with an automatic release. You look like a strong enough rider to use the automatic rellease.
    Hope this helps :)
         
        01-10-2010, 12:32 PM
      #23
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LolaGirl160    
    Your horse is sooo athletic im jelous!!! Lol
    Aw thanks you(:
         
        01-10-2010, 12:33 PM
      #24
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by maura    
    Of the photos you posted, this shows the best equitation: Your base of support is out of the saddle the correct amount and you are not ahead of his motion. However, it could be improved by lifting your upper body up and away from the neck. The amount of fold in your hip in this photo would be appropriate for a much higher fence.

    I find that this particular habit is often the result of stiffness/tenseness in the arm - when you move your hand and arm forward to release, your upper body goes with it because your elbow and shoulder aren't relaxed enough to allow your arm to move completely indepenently. On the flat, practice reaching up toward his ears while in two point, leaving your upper body still. That will give you an idea of how it should feel over fences.

    Hope that helps.


    Oh Ok I see what you mean!
    Thanks a lot(: Il work on that now
    Thank you
         
        01-10-2010, 12:34 PM
      #25
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by RachelAlexandra    
    You look great :) Like others said your stirrups are probably a little too short, but I shouldn't really say anything mine are considered "too long" by "American standrads" (I learned to ride in Russia). A trainer here told me that if I am still comfortable and secure in the saddle, and not interfiering with the horse, that I should be alright, she also said that she watched the world sj championships and I rode just like the Swedish girls, lol. So, if you are comfortable & secure & not intefiering with your horse, then don't worry TOO much about it.
    Also, have you thought about an automatic release? Personally I am not a fan of the crest release, personal opinion, I was taught to jump with an automatic release. You look like a strong enough rider to use the automatic rellease.
    Hope this helps :)
    Thanks(:
    I've lengthened my stirrups now and I feel a lot more secure(:
    Whats automatic release? Im not familiar with it:/
         
        01-10-2010, 12:40 PM
      #26
    Started


    I don't think it's a great example because it is not a big picture but the way she is dropping her hands that's an automatic release
         
        01-10-2010, 12:45 PM
      #27
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by savvylover112    


    I don't think it's a great example because it is not a big picture but the way she is dropping her hands that's an automatic release

    Aw kk thanks. Whats the point of that? Are you not meant to give with your hands to let them stretch?
         
        01-10-2010, 12:52 PM
      #28
    Started
    Its still letting them stretch as you are giving them rein it just works different that's not really a great example just the only one I could find on short notice I will try to find another one for you Lauren
         
        01-10-2010, 12:54 PM
      #29
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by savvylover112    
    Its still letting them stretch as you are giving them rein it just works different that's not really a great example just the only one I could find on short notice I will try to find another one for you Lauren
    Aw I know what your talking about now after seeing the idea of the picture.
    Aw kk. Il give it a go and see how it works... Only thing is does that put you in a less secure position if the horse stumbles or anything on landing because your hands are so low?
         
        01-10-2010, 12:58 PM
      #30
    Foal


    Also: Video: Anne Kursinski on the Automatic Release
         

    Tags
    cross country, jumping, loosejumping, showjumping, xlaurenoscarx

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Please do a jumping critique of Eddie jumping 3'9". fortheloveofhorse Horse Riding Critique 18 09-18-2009 01:56 AM
    Jumping... Critique? :] gotxhorses Horse Riding Critique 34 05-28-2009 08:03 PM
    Jumping Critique - Please and Thank You! jagman6201 Horse Riding Critique 5 04-19-2009 04:04 AM
    Please critique or jumping :) Equuestriaan Horse Riding Critique 4 04-19-2009 12:50 AM
    Critique my jumping! xxandrea16xx Horse Riding Critique 5 06-09-2008 01:06 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:54 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0