Critique me jumping
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Critique me jumping

This is a discussion on Critique me jumping within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
      #1
    Green Broke
    Critique me jumping

    Hi
    I would like my position critiqued. Not the horse, though, she's not mine.
    Thanks In Advance

    VB




    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg riding w meg 141.jpg (52.5 KB, 211 views)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-09-2010, 07:58 PM
      #2
    Banned
    I like your nice, solid leg, it stays under you beautifully! Over these low jumps, the only thing I see is that your hands are 'in your lap' a bit. Try shortening your reins and follow your horse's motion over the jump. This will make your movement more flowing and graceful. Good job!
         
        12-09-2010, 08:05 PM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Ok, I have that problem on the flat, too. Thanks, everyone tells me I have a solid leg and I'm really happy you did too.
    VB
         
        12-09-2010, 10:35 PM
      #4
    Foal



    You get too far forward out of the saddle for jumps these size. Think crouch or squat, not lean. Also, like the other poster said, good leg but let your hands follow her face more to keep them out of your lap

    Also good job on looking up
         
        12-10-2010, 12:07 AM
      #5
    Weanling
    Not to be a party pooper, but those logs are pretty unsafe jumps - if she knocks them and they roll, they will be a huge hazard as they'll go right where she might land.
         
        12-10-2010, 09:51 AM
      #6
    Yearling
    I have to say...I'm so jealous of your leg. I wish mine looked like that when I was jumping.

    I agree with everyone that you need to take your hands out of your lap and encourage your horse to stretch over the jump. Also you are jumping ahead sometimes. The still image of you, I think, is a good example of how your 2-point should be.

    Other than that you look secure and confident.

    I do want to add that I don't think those logs are unsafe to jump..they seem like they would be hard to roll. They're just like any other jump pole, they can fall and roll under the horse's feet too.
         
        12-10-2010, 11:01 AM
      #7
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErikaLynn    

    I do want to add that I don't think those logs are unsafe to jump..they seem like they would be hard to roll. They're just like any other jump pole, they can fall and roll under the horse's feet too.
    Ditto this ;)
         
        12-10-2010, 11:31 AM
      #8
    Green Broke
    Thanks everyone! I know the jumps are safe, but thatks. Me and my friend put them there and they are REALLy heavy. Its just a XC jump, most are dangerous and wide.
    I do definitely need my hands up more, when I watched these vids I went EEK! I havn't had a jumping lesson in ages also.
    Thanks

    VB
         
        12-10-2010, 05:50 PM
      #9
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by neonpony    



    You get too far forward out of the saddle for jumps these size. Think crouch or squat, not lean. Also, like the other poster said, good leg but let your hands follow her face more to keep them out of your lap

    Also good job on looking up
    Ahhh! You're not supposed to pause it there!! Blaaah it makes me sad. I look like some kind of monkey that can't jump!!
         
        12-10-2010, 06:30 PM
      #10
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by azarni    
    Not to be a party pooper, but those logs are pretty unsafe jumps - if she knocks them and they roll, they will be a huge hazard as they'll go right where she might land.
    i was thinking the same thing, its ok if there all piled but when there are lose ones if the horse runs out he can trip over them
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Please do a jumping critique of Eddie jumping 3'9". fortheloveofhorse Horse Riding Critique 18 09-18-2009 01:56 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:46 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0