Critique Me Please
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Critique Me Please

This is a discussion on Critique Me Please within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Trotting gifs

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    05-04-2012, 05:33 PM
  #1
Weanling
Critique Me Please

Oh I am not on here enough anymore. =) Anyways, here is me and my new show team pony Minor. I was in the middle of the video when I decided to take screen shots, so they do have an effect on them, but it shouldn't be that much of a problem. I only have trot/canter pictures. But, I will post the video in a little while when I can.
Theses first three are cantering.



These two are trotting.


That's all for now. Thanks in advanced!
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    05-05-2012, 12:02 AM
  #2
Foal
Cute pony!!
It looks to me like you have quite a firm hold on your reins. Tr to loosen up your arms and hands and bring them forward a bit. I love your heel I wish mine was that good! I like your body position in the cantering pictures. It looks a little bit like your leg is swinging in the canter but it's hard to tell with a picture:)
You look great though! How long have you been riding?
Posted via Mobile Device
     
    05-05-2012, 12:06 AM
  #3
Super Moderator
Looking really good. You've improved so much it's amazing.

In the trot picture your leg is too far out in front of you, maybe you are forcing too hard the heel down.

And in all of them, though I love the line you have from elbow to bit, I get a bit of a feeling that you are riding his face a bit. Could you trot on this horse , canter too, without hold of the reins at all?
     
    05-05-2012, 12:08 AM
  #4
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairytaleending    
Cute pony!!
It looks to me like you have quite a firm hold on your reins. Tr to loosen up your arms and hands and bring them forward a bit. I love your heel I wish mine was that good! I like your body position in the cantering pictures. It looks a little bit like your leg is swinging in the canter but it's hard to tell with a picture:)
You look great though! How long have you been riding?
Posted via Mobile Device
Thanks! And about 8 months now.
     
    05-05-2012, 12:11 AM
  #5
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinyliny    
looking really good. You've improved so much it's amazing.

In the trot picture your leg is too far out in front of you, maybe you are forcing too hard the heel down.

And in all of them, though I love the line you have from elbow to bit, I get a bit of a feeling that you are riding his face a bit. Could you trot on this horse , canter too, without hold of the reins at all?
I probably am riding his face a little. Usually I wouldn't but we had him bolt this day because I went to do a sitting trot without stirrups and it freaked him out. He's really sensitive to just about everything. But I still love him =]
     
    05-05-2012, 12:22 PM
  #6
Weanling
here is the URL to the video that I made where the screen shots came from. =]
     
    05-05-2012, 04:36 PM
  #7
Weanling
I don't have time to critique right now, but you have improved so much and look so much better! You look more confident in your riding and your seat has improved as well.

That is really great you are able to ride different horses, as that really helps make you a strong and more well-rounded rider.
     
    05-05-2012, 05:36 PM
  #8
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by LostDragonflyWings    
I don't have time to critique right now, but you have improved so much and look so much better! You look more confident in your riding and your seat has improved as well.

That is really great you are able to ride different horses, as that really helps make you a strong and more well-rounded rider.
Thanks! And It's really great too! I love being able to ride our barns 11hh pony who was afraid to jump months ago to my pony now who is scared of every noise he hears. =)
     
    05-05-2012, 07:52 PM
  #9
Showing
You just keep improving every time I see you!!

I like the last picture best. Look at your lower back. In the first picture it's sooo hollow and you're forcing your upper body forward (almost thrusting?) that can't be comfortable and then with the tight reins I can see why your horse is all "Hey you on my back.. loosen up a little!"

Good depth in your heels, though I notice a little bit of bracing against the stirrups. Instead of pushing down really hard, bend that knee so you can move with the horse instead of brace against him.

Lovely line from your elbow to the bit.

Going to watch the video now :)

Okay.. at 0:52 you transition to a canter and immediately you and your horse soften.

Why?

Look at your trot before you canter. Your upper body is really stiff, he's swishing his tail.. you're bracing.

Then look at the nice canter at 0:53 onwards. Your elbows are opening and closing, you're soft and he's happy to listen.

Work on softening that upper body and lose the tension in your feet and arms and you'd be even more amazing than now.
     
    05-05-2012, 08:00 PM
  #10
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
You just keep improving every time I see you!!

I like the last picture best. Look at your lower back. In the first picture it's sooo hollow and you're forcing your upper body forward (almost thrusting?) that can't be comfortable and then with the tight reins I can see why your horse is all "Hey you on my back.. loosen up a little!"

Good depth in your heels, though I notice a little bit of bracing against the stirrups. Instead of pushing down really hard, bend that knee so you can move with the horse instead of brace against him.

Lovely line from your elbow to the bit.

Going to watch the video now :)

Okay.. at 0:52 you transition to a canter and immediately you and your horse soften.

Why?

Look at your trot before you canter. Your upper body is really stiff, he's swishing his tail.. you're bracing.

Then look at the nice canter at 0:53 onwards. Your elbows are opening and closing, you're soft and he's happy to listen.

Work on softening that upper body and lose the tension in your feet and arms and you'd be even more amazing than now.
Thanks so much! Yeah, I have always been tense in the upper body/elbows. But they have been getting so much better then they used to be. It's just taking a little time I guess. My trainer made me canter with chicken wings so my elbows would be loose, but I never did it at the trot before. So maybe I should try that when I go to free ride?
     

Tags
cantering, critique, palomino, pony, roan

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canter critique- first time critique, please be nice lol Rachel1786 Horse Riding Critique 11 12-04-2012 11:00 PM
Western Riding critique and confo critique on Romeo Pidge Horse Riding Critique 19 10-09-2012 02:21 AM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:38 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0