Critique my 3 y/o QH gelding!
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Critique my 3 y/o QH gelding!

This is a discussion on Critique my 3 y/o QH gelding! within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-18-2011, 10:55 PM
      #1
    Foal
    Critique my 3 y/o QH gelding!

    This is Riley, my newish 3 y/o gelding. He is from Radical Rodder. I bought him for WP, but right now I am just working on the basics with him. He has done some open shows in halter and wp and has taken home blue ribbons. He is a champ in the show ring. Please tell me what you think . He is approx. 14.3-15hh

    I just sparyed him with healthy haird here!

         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-18-2011, 11:02 PM
      #2
    Foal
    And here is a video of us jogging around the front. We are still working on transitions ;)
         
        08-19-2011, 12:47 AM
      #3
    Super Moderator
    Very cute horse and you sit him well. He jogs nicely. I like that it is clearly a jog, not a wog.

    The only critique I would have is that his bone is a bit light. Is he so-called "halter bred"?
         
        08-19-2011, 12:46 PM
      #4
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinyliny    
    very cute horse and you sit him well. He jogs nicely. I like that it is clearly a jog, not a wog.

    The only critique I would have is that his bone is a bit light. Is he so-called "halter bred"?
    No mam not that I am aware of. I believe he was specially bred for wp/patterns/trail because that is what his dad so good at. Can you be a little more specific on having light bone? I don't really understand what you mean
         
        08-19-2011, 12:50 PM
      #5
    Banned
    Light bone refers to the diameter of the long bones in the legs. His legs look delicate for his body size.

    To me the way you have him stood up in the first picture makes him look like a totally different horse than the second photo does.
         
        08-19-2011, 02:15 PM
      #6
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
    Light bone refers to the diameter of the long bones in the legs. His legs look delicate for his body size.

    To me the way you have him stood up in the first picture makes him look like a totally different horse than the second photo does.
    I agree. I was thinking the same thing. I think a lot of it has to do with the angle as well. He does have short legs, but I think hte second picture makes them look a lot shorter
         
        08-20-2011, 12:52 PM
      #7
    Foal
    He is adorable! I do agree that while his legs are short, the second photo makes them seem disproportionately so. I think it has to do with camera angle. The way the lens works, it'll distort at closer ranges... you'd be much better off standing a further distance away, 90 degree angle to his shoulder, and then zoom in to frame the photo. Zoom will not affect the distortion, just the actual distance from the subject dictates that! Especially after viewing the video, I would say that the culprit is definitely the camera :)

    Just curious, whereabouts in Florida are you? Judging by the oaks (and seemingly slight hills?) I'd say perhaps Ocala area? If so, I am jealous. I'm a bit south of Sarasota where palmettos reign!
         
        08-23-2011, 12:23 AM
      #8
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by atomic    
    He is adorable! I do agree that while his legs are short, the second photo makes them seem disproportionately so. I think it has to do with camera angle. The way the lens works, it'll distort at closer ranges... you'd be much better off standing a further distance away, 90 degree angle to his shoulder, and then zoom in to frame the photo. Zoom will not affect the distortion, just the actual distance from the subject dictates that! Especially after viewing the video, I would say that the culprit is definitely the camera :)

    Just curious, whereabouts in Florida are you? Judging by the oaks (and seemingly slight hills?) I'd say perhaps Ocala area? If so, I am jealous. I'm a bit south of Sarasota where palmettos reign!
    Lol That was definitely Ocala. I live in Wesley Chapel but that was my trainers barn and she has open shows there every month. You are about 2 hours from me. We should make a date to maybe go ride the alifya (sp?) or greenway or something! He hasn't been on trails yet, but he needs the experience
         
        08-23-2011, 12:24 AM
      #9
    Foal
    Anymore critiques?
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Critique my gelding. Artemis Horse Riding Critique 15 01-08-2013 06:05 AM
    TB Gelding Critique KatyLeah Horse Riding Critique 7 04-29-2011 01:52 PM
    Critique my gelding! :) gabrielstriumph Horse Riding Critique 12 04-20-2011 06:55 PM
    New Gelding. critique? Twilight Arabians Horse Riding Critique 24 02-01-2009 03:35 PM
    Critique my gelding please. :) *chucks* Horse Riding Critique 6 08-14-2008 08:51 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0