Critique: Ok lay it on me,Gypsy! - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Critique: Ok lay it on me,Gypsy!

This is a discussion on Critique: Ok lay it on me,Gypsy! within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        10-12-2008, 09:20 AM
      #11
    Green Broke
    With the way the economy is, i'd probably take your price down a bit...hard pill to swallow, I know, but if you factor the costs of not selling her (board, feed, bills, etc) for several months, it would actually cost less to sell her at a lower price.

    I'd also like to see a few more undersaddle pictures if I were interested in her :)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        10-12-2008, 02:44 PM
      #12
    Yearling
    Ok thanks, yah my goal is to get video and more pics while riding. But my cams battery pack is dead and I have to buy a new one! :(
    With the price I just don't want to go lower then 1,600, what about like 1,800? Or lower??
         
        10-12-2008, 02:49 PM
      #13
    Green Broke
    What about 1600 OBO

    Honestly with the way the market is you might not get that much money for her.

    I payed $600 for my TB, she was abused and starved and we pretty much retrained her and she was definitely. Worth more then $1000 and I had to end up selling her for $500....

    Same thing with my first horse. We trained him and he was way better then when I first got him. He was worth like $1200...and I had to sell him for $700...i bought him for $800...
         
        10-12-2008, 04:00 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    I think realistically you are looking at offers from 1300-1500 or less. There are a lot of non-spooky horses who have been on trails and who game for less out there. It's just a bad time to try to make money on one.

    You can always try and see what happens, just try not to get offended if someone offers you $800-950 in a serious offer
         
        10-12-2008, 08:10 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    Yah, I guess I will lower the price to 1600 obo and see what happens. Man this market when will it get better!
         
        10-12-2008, 09:57 PM
      #16
    Weanling
    May I ask your reason for selling (maybe I missed it?). Here is my "2 cents" and please do not take it as me being rude (I tend to come off that way to some and it's NEVER my intention )....

    14 isn't old but it's not young either. I, personally, would not buy a horse over 10. Not everyone is a TB lover (I know, how could that happen?!!?).... TB's tend to get a name for them like Arab's that they're hard keepers and spooky (and most are). The market sucks right now and the only things that are selling for the most part are horses who are trained to do something and make money. With the economy the way it is, horses must earn their keep now-a-days. Not many people (I didn't say all) want a trail horse or backyard pet. Basically even with the work you put into her, I don't think $1600.00 is a realistic asking price for her. How badly do you want/need to sell her? $1250.00 would be more realistic to draw leads, $1000.00 and she'd sell more than likely quickly. Right now there are way too many horses for a lot cheaper that are flashier to catch people's eyes (i'm not calling her ugly, i'm a Bay lover!)......
         
        10-12-2008, 09:58 PM
      #17
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by travlingypsy    
    Yah, I guess I will lower the price to 1600 obo and see what happens. Man this market when will it get better!
    I don't know if you subscribe to Horse & Rider but in a recent issue "experts" said it will be 5-7 years before the market turns.
         
        10-12-2008, 09:59 PM
      #18
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Gingerrrrr    
    what about 1600 OBO

    Honestly with the way the market is you might not get that much money for her.

    I payed $600 for my TB, she was abused and starved and we pretty much retrained her and she was definitely. Worth more then $1000 and I had to end up selling her for $500....

    Same thing with my first horse. We trained him and he was way better then when I first got him. He was worth like $1200...and I had to sell him for $700...i bought him for $800...
    I paid $1200.00 for my filly (avatar) and sold her for $500.....I paid $1200.00 for my gelding and sold him for $400.00...... they sold to GOOD homes and the new owners keep in touch with me to I don't feel like I lost anything on the deals
         
        10-13-2008, 01:48 AM
      #19
    Yearling
    Lol, that's ok irisheyes I asked for it and didnt think you were to harsh or anything.
    Im put her on the market because im tired or her adituted and spooking. See my trainer constantly says she's not a spooky horse yet I've fallen off 5 times due to spooking. I've told my trainer and she always says she needs to be freelunged to get her energy out. Well I free lung her a lot try to at least 2 x a week. And then she told me that knee high this one horse spooks for no reason no matter what you do and that's just him... like well that's just your horse. Even though she's not a spooky horse!

    Its always over something really stupid like the other day she spooked at a horse sneez! Oh did I mention its mostly in the arena. I try and do lots of things to keep her mind on me but dosent help. She's great out on the trails no spook there. I came to the thought that she just gets bored in the arena and spooks. I just don't know. She's doing better...BUT. There's always a but. I've had her on the market twice. Most of the time im thinking of selling. So I guess its just time.

    I understand about how people are looking for flashy horses and ones that will bring in money. Heck id make more money off of her if I just leased her. Or lease with option to buy.
         
        10-13-2008, 12:07 PM
      #20
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by travlingypsy    
    lol, that's ok irisheyes I asked for it and didnt think you were to harsh or anything.
    Im put her on the market because im tired or her adituted and spooking. See my trainer constantly says she's not a spooky horse yet I've fallen off 5 times due to spooking. I've told my trainer and she always says she needs to be freelunged to get her energy out. Well I free lung her a lot try to at least 2 x a week. And then she told me that knee high this one horse spooks for no reason no matter what you do and that's just him... like well that's just your horse. Even though she's not a spooky horse!

    Its always over something really stupid like the other day she spooked at a horse sneez! Oh did I mention its mostly in the arena. I try and do lots of things to keep her mind on me but dosent help. She's great out on the trails no spook there. I came to the thought that she just gets bored in the arena and spooks. I just don't know. She's doing better...BUT. There's always a but. I've had her on the market twice. Most of the time im thinking of selling. So I guess its just time.

    I understand about how people are looking for flashy horses and ones that will bring in money. Heck id make more money off of her if I just leased her. Or lease with option to buy.
    I'm thrilled that you didn't take me as being harsh, thank you for that. I know what you mean about being spooky. My friend in school, Allison, had two horses that we used to ride all the time (I was 13). She would always take her older Bay QH mare and I would take her 16 hh Leopard Appaloosa gelding. Long story short, Cody (Appy) was very spooky for no reason what-so-ever at everything and after months of fighting with him and trying everything there was to try, he dumped me head first into a tree during a trailride at a FULL gallop (i'm talking 35 mph). I was horrifically injured (no helmet) and nearly died. Point to my story? I'd never take on a spooky horse I didn't feel comfortable with again.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    What should I do? Sell Gypsy? I need help? travlingypsy Horse Talk 57 11-01-2008 02:54 PM
    Irish Cob Vs. Gypsy Cob Stella_8800_ Horse Breeds 1 07-19-2008 12:13 PM
    Critique Gypsy Vanner {Irish Cob} cara Horse Riding Critique 6 12-20-2007 10:21 AM
    Gypsy Horse Chick Horse Talk 5 04-20-2007 11:57 PM
    my 2 year old gypsy cob 2mares Horse Breeds 1 03-16-2007 09:52 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:26 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0