Has my position improved? 2.0 - Page 2
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Has my position improved? 2.0

This is a discussion on Has my position improved? 2.0 within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree9Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        07-04-2013, 08:29 PM
      #11
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy    
    Be careful not to 'grip' the horse with your knees, or have too much leg contact with the horse un-neccisarily - some horses are not bothered by continuous leg contact, others get really quiet annoyed by it. Getting your heels down will not fix all of your problems, but it will be a big step in improving everything and it all coming together nicely.

    I hope I explained this well enough for you. Keep up the excellent progress.
    I think I know what you're getting at yes, thank you! I'm very lucky that this particular mare is an old hand and just gets on with her job but loves to jump so she lets me make mistakes without me ending up in the sand!

    In both recent pictures my attention is drawn to how my toes stick out and I can't seem to fix this, if anyone has any tips?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        07-05-2013, 12:08 AM
      #12
    Showing
    Your pictures seem tense through your back. Relax... and I think you'll have a nicer position after just that 1 little thing.
    Appalachicola likes this.
         
        07-05-2013, 08:30 PM
      #13
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    Your pictures seem tense through your back. Relax... and I think you'll have a nicer position after just that 1 little thing.
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion! Could my back being tense be at all related to my wearing of a body protector in all of the pictures? I hate riding in them, I find my back and shoulders very restricted but on the other hand my insurance means I have to and better safe than sorry, right?!
         
        07-05-2013, 09:14 PM
      #14
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Appalachicola    
    Hi, thanks for your suggestion! Could my back being tense be at all related to my wearing of a body protector in all of the pictures? I hate riding in them, I find my back and shoulders very restricted but on the other hand my insurance means I have to and better safe than sorry, right?!

    Is it correctly fitting? A body protector shouldn't really make you feel uncomfortable - is it too tight and restricting when you just sit on your horse? Or if you go into two point while your horse is just standing?
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        07-06-2013, 08:14 PM
      #15
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ChingazMyBoy    
    Is it correctly fitting? A body protector shouldn't really make you feel uncomfortable - is it too tight and restricting when you just sit on your horse? Or if you go into two point while your horse is just standing?
    Posted via Mobile Device
    It's more that I feel I can't pull my shoulders back when I'm wearing one, I had it fitted professionally and the next sizes were both either way to big or way to small so I'm guessing it could be just laziness in my posture?
         
        07-07-2013, 04:33 PM
      #16
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Appalachicola    
    It's more that I feel I can't pull my shoulders back when I'm wearing one, I had it fitted professionally and the next sizes were both either way to big or way to small so I'm guessing it could be just laziness in my posture?
    If it's restrictive then it will definitely cause you to be tense as you cannot allow your body to be where it needs to be.

    However I know for a fact that a lot of eventers with body protectors don't have the same issue. Are you sure that your body protector is the right type for you?
         
        07-08-2013, 06:49 PM
      #17
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel    
    If it's restrictive then it will definitely cause you to be tense as you cannot allow your body to be where it needs to be.

    However I know for a fact that a lot of eventers with body protectors don't have the same issue. Are you sure that your body protector is the right type for you?
    That's a possibility, I had a champion flex-air for about 4 years then it became to short on my ribs so I sold it. I'm currently using the navy you see in the pictures which is a standard airowear one but hoping to buy an airowear outlyne body protector. Would you recommend any other types?
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Has He Improved? ChipsAhoy Horse Conformation Critique 9 04-17-2013 07:20 PM
    Has my position improved? Appalachicola Horse Riding Critique 5 01-26-2013 10:44 PM
    How have I improved? Beau Baby Horse Riding Critique 11 12-31-2010 03:54 PM
    Has My Position Improved?? blush Horse Riding Critique 9 04-12-2010 08:56 AM
    Has My Jumping Position Improved? Critique Please! BurningAmber520 Horse Riding Critique 3 07-05-2009 08:06 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:00 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0