How much do YOU think he's worth? - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 03:14 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 869
• Horses: 0
Question How much do YOU think he's worth?

I am not selling this horse, nor do I plan on selling him any time soon. I would just like to see how much you think he is worth!

Stellar Moves, aka "Moose" is an 8 year old, 17.3 appendix gelding by Starman SL. Located in southern Florida, Moose has traveled across the USA competing in AQHA hunter events (working hunter, equitation over fences, jumping, hunter hack, hunt seat equitation) and has earned over 200 points in open, novice youth, youth, and novice amateur events. Moose has a complete baby personality, and is always a little kid favorite. This gentle giant is a completely made horse, has the patience of a saint, and is a 100% baby sitter. He has had kids from the ages of 6 to 11 jump him over fences, and love him! Automatic lead change, can jump anywhere from a ground pole to 4'6 with ease, stands for farrier, vet, and falls asleep for the braider. No vices, loads like a dream in a trailer, and gets along with every horse.

Some of his accomplishments are:
-2010 All American Quarter Horse Congress CHAMPION youth jumping
-2010 All American Quarter Horse Congress Finalist novice youth hunter hack
-Has been nationally qualified for the 2009-2011 AQHYA World show
-2010 AQHA year end honor roll Reserve Champion youth limited equitation over fences, youth limited jumping, and youth jumping.
-Countless circuit championships
-Multiple state champion, reserve champion, and top 5 champion


Moose has gone into the grand prix arena in level 0, 1, and 2 and has won each time in (no big time classes, always last minute "fun" decisions). Has gone into very few rated hunter shows, and has always been in the ribbons. He is quiet enough to go straight from the jumper arena into the hunter arena and does very well in both. Moose gives his all every time he steps into the arena.

Pictures:
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...YouthWorld.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...t_Congress.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...t_congress.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...s/FAVORITE.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...4347534_n1.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a..._7892878_n.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a..._3719489_n.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a.../myspread1.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...as20101062.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...as20101048.jpg
http://i861.photobucket.com/albums/a...e_congress.jpg

So what do you think?
justjump is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 50
• Horses: 0
I couldn't even begin to guess. He's a beautiful horse, though, and it looks like he is doing spectacular in the show ring. You're very lucky to be his owner.
UWLEquestrian is offline  
post #3 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 03:21 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 869
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by UWLEquestrian View Post
I couldn't even begin to guess. He's a beautiful horse, though, and it looks like he is doing spectacular in the show ring. You're very lucky to be his owner.
Thank you so much!

It's funny, because when we got him, he didn't do anything. All he did was a little bit of showmanship, and walk trot HUS. He did not have a right lead, couldn't be in an arena with other horses (he would try to buck me off whenever they would come near him), spooked at everything, and did not jump.

He's just so talented, he's come so far in 3 1/2 years! I really appreciate the comment
justjump is offline  
post #4 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 08:45 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Ashburn, VA
Posts: 340
• Horses: 1
I don't know what breed show people look for in a horse, so I really couldn't give you a price estimate in that range. He does look like a strikingly beautiful horse, and I would want to see how he moves to give a full opinion, but the only bad things that I see as an opinion from myself are that I would not personally want a horse that would be used for hunters to have to go in a twisted wire snaffle. He doesn't drop his head down as far as I would like to see for an "A" rated hunter, and he doesn't seem consistent with his knees, but the few pictures you posted don't always reflect their jumping style. It looks like he is quite accomplished for his age. Assuming he is a Quarter horse, 17.3hands is HUGE! lol. If he is as versatile as you say he is, then he could be worth the big bucks for sure :) Just my 2cents, if I offended you, then I am sorry =/
cosmomomo is offline  
post #5 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 09:41 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 869
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmomomo View Post
I don't know what breed show people look for in a horse, so I really couldn't give you a price estimate in that range. He does look like a strikingly beautiful horse, and I would want to see how he moves to give a full opinion, but the only bad things that I see as an opinion from myself are that I would not personally want a horse that would be used for hunters to have to go in a twisted wire snaffle. He doesn't drop his head down as far as I would like to see for an "A" rated hunter, and he doesn't seem consistent with his knees, but the few pictures you posted don't always reflect their jumping style. It looks like he is quite accomplished for his age. Assuming he is a Quarter horse, 17.3hands is HUGE! lol. If he is as versatile as you say he is, then he could be worth the big bucks for sure :) Just my 2cents, if I offended you, then I am sorry =/
That's perfectly fine! We are actually re teaching him how to jump, because he didn't tuck as nicely as he could have. We now have him in a half inch correction, and have him loping down lines and jumping beautifully! I'll be sure to post videos soon that are up to date!(:

We have also gotten offers from USEF hunter trainers from anywhere from 45grand to 65 grand (which was baffling) but rejected each time because they were before major shows.
Posted via Mobile Device
justjump is offline  
post #6 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 10:21 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan...blah
Posts: 641
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjump View Post

We have also gotten offers from USEF hunter trainers from anywhere from 45grand to 65 grand (which was baffling) but rejected each time because they were before major shows.
Posted via Mobile Device
IMO, not worth that much money. Yet i believe no horse should be 65 grand or 45 grand for that matter. I have seen 5,000 dollar horses excel in "A" rated shows. Anyway, in my area probably 10,000 to 30,000, yet i find that truly ridiculous. But horses seem so expensive here. He isnt very consistent with his knees, and i believe he could do better with different style of jumping/different position from the rider. He's got work to do but definately coming along. Beautiful horse! (:

Sonny-13 yr. old Qurab Gelding
xoSonnyLove1234 is offline  
post #7 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 10:28 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: East Tenn
Posts: 205
• Horses: 0
i rode a horse that was on the circuit in the HUS novice classes. he was a lil over 16 hands. bay. QH with some TB in his predigree. he sold for 10-12 grand. he was super gentle too. almost anyone could ride him.

TurnNBurn625
TurnNBurn625 is offline  
post #8 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 10:31 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 50
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by justjump View Post
Thank you so much!

It's funny, because when we got him, he didn't do anything. All he did was a little bit of showmanship, and walk trot HUS. He did not have a right lead, couldn't be in an arena with other horses (he would try to buck me off whenever they would come near him), spooked at everything, and did not jump.

He's just so talented, he's come so far in 3 1/2 years! I really appreciate the comment
That's very impressive! It seems like you have done an excellent job with him. Keep up the good work!
UWLEquestrian is offline  
post #9 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 10:52 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Florida
Posts: 869
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by xoSonnyLove1234 View Post
IMO, not worth that much money. Yet i believe no horse should be 65 grand or 45 grand for that matter. I have seen 5,000 dollar horses excel in "A" rated shows. Anyway, in my area probably 10,000 to 30,000, yet i find that truly ridiculous. But horses seem so expensive here. He isnt very consistent with his knees, and i believe he could do better with different style of jumping/different position from the rider. He's got work to do but definately coming along. Beautiful horse! (:
Like I said, we are in the process of basically re teaching him how to jump. That's the only thing that really affected our placings at shows, is because he was jumping flat. At the last show wr were at, we were 1 and 2 in every class. He improve a lot in only 3 weeks! And we don't do the hunter circuit, we have done an A show and some schooling hunter shows.

The congress is the worlds largest single breed horse show, an winning it is a huge accomplishment. Anyone can ride him, like I said, he's 100% made! But thanks everyone for the nice comments on him, I really appreciate it!

Also, just for the record, where I live, a nice novice horse that is AQHA proven goes from anywhere from 15grand to 30grand. I wouldnt sell him as a novice horse when I do sell him, because he is a big horse and, like every horse, can have his "big horse" moments.(;
Posted via Mobile Device
justjump is offline  
post #10 of 54 Old 01-18-2011, 11:28 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Michigan...blah
Posts: 641
• Horses: 2
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by justjump View Post
Like I said, we are in the process of basically re teaching him how to jump. That's the only thing that really affected our placings at shows, is because he was jumping flat. At the last show wr were at, we were 1 and 2 in every class. He improve a lot in only 3 weeks! And we don't do the hunter circuit, we have done an A show and some schooling hunter shows.

The congress is the worlds largest single breed horse show, an winning it is a huge accomplishment. Anyone can ride him, like I said, he's 100% made! But thanks everyone for the nice comments on him, I really appreciate it!

Posted via Mobile Device
My dearest apologies if I offended you. I applaud you for your amazing accomplishments. I just personally wouldn't pay so much for him, but if you ever must give him away...I can take him off your hands(; lol

Sonny-13 yr. old Qurab Gelding
xoSonnyLove1234 is offline  
Reply

Tags
horse , hunter , jumper , sale , worth

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much is she worth??? Bandera Horse Riding Critique 49 09-08-2010 11:25 PM
How much is he worth? ThatNinjaHorse Horse Riding Critique 6 05-21-2010 05:00 AM
Is he worth it? MTcowgirl Horse Health 11 11-14-2009 12:59 AM
How much is it worth? CrazyChester Horse Tack and Equipment 2 11-25-2008 12:10 AM
you think she is worth it? myboydoc Horses for Sale 6 09-16-2008 08:38 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome