How much do YOU think he's worth? - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

How much do YOU think he's worth?

This is a discussion on How much do YOU think he's worth? within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-18-2011, 11:55 PM
      #11
    Weanling
    He's got sooooo much potential. :) It's awesome you guys have come so far! Congrats, he looks like a very special horse. :)

    Around here, AQHA shows aren't super big. It's more hunter/jumper stuff but he looks lovely over fences so I could see him going from around 20k - 30k with the right trainer helping you out. :)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-19-2011, 07:35 AM
      #12
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by xoSonnyLove1234    
    My dearest apologies if I offended you. I applaud you for your amazing accomplishments. I just personally wouldn't pay so much for him, but if you ever must give him away...I can take him off your hands(; lol
    Haha you didn't offend me at all! Wow people are so much nicer on here rather than COTH! (:
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-19-2011, 02:34 PM
      #13
    Yearling
    I would have taken the 65k and run. I'm not sure what you could sell him for as an AQHA horse, but I don't think he looks like the kind of horse that is in demand in the USEF hunters, though I don't know your area. In my area a very nice Quarter horse will run you anywhere from $10,000 to 30,000, but warmbloods and even thoroughbreds are definitely preferred.

    Because of how this horse jumps with his knees I wouldn't consider him a top hunter prospect, but possible an equitation mount. Or a children's or A/A hunter.
         
        01-19-2011, 03:32 PM
      #14
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Supermane    
    I would have taken the 65k and run. I'm not sure what you could sell him for as an AQHA horse, but I don't think he looks like the kind of horse that is in demand in the USEF hunters, though I don't know your area. In my area a very nice Quarter horse will run you anywhere from $10,000 to 30,000, but warmbloods and even thoroughbreds are definitely preferred.

    Because of how this horse jumps with his knees I wouldn't consider him a top hunter prospect, but possible an equitation mount. Or a children's or A/A hunter.
    I wouldn't consider him an A rated hunter, I've only done one show and did fairly well. He's just proven in the aqha circuit(:
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-19-2011, 04:04 PM
      #15
    Yearling
    4 foot 6 with "ease"?? I wanna see pics of that.
         
        01-19-2011, 06:17 PM
      #16
    Foal
    Personally, I wouldn't pay 65 grand for a horse, either, but...I can see where some people would want to pay that for him. He is a well accomplished horse with a very gentle, people pleasing personality. Kid horses are worth their weight in gold, IMO. But, if he still has his "big horse moments", he doesn't sound too trustworthy, so just basing off of what I've read so far and from what I've seen, I wouldn't value him at more than 12k. But, if he's the right horse for someone, they'll pay whatever it takes to get him off your hands lol. Good luck with him, by the way.
         
        01-19-2011, 06:21 PM
      #17
    Green Broke
    Hard to say, all horses are worth exactly the amount willingly offered by the highest bidder.

    If you were offered $65,000 at one time then at THAT time and to THAT person he was worth $65,000. Personally I would have taken the money, handed them the reins and not looked back.

    In my opinion he is worth....ummm....to put it simply, ahelluvalot. More than I will ever spend on one horse. He is a beautiful boy.
         
        01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
      #18
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by sarahver    
    Hard to say, all horses are worth exactly the amount willingly offered by the highest bidder.

    If you were offered $65,000 at one time then at THAT time and to THAT person he was worth $65,000. Personally I would have taken the money, handed them the reins and not looked back.

    In my opinion he is worth....ummm....to put it simply, ahelluvalot. More than I will ever spend on one horse. He is a beautiful boy.
    Thank you(:
    And at the time that we were offered that much, it was right before my first world show, and we really wanted to go.
    And your right, it's however much people would want to spend on him. And same here, I wouldn't ever spend a lot of money on a horse, especially at this time in this economy. We bought him as a super green horse for around 6,000$. Which, I think we got ripped off because he was a complete lunatic!
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-19-2011, 06:41 PM
      #19
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kywalkinghorse2010    
    Personally, I wouldn't pay 65 grand for a horse, either, but...I can see where some people would want to pay that for him. He is a well accomplished horse with a very gentle, people pleasing personality. Kid horses are worth their weight in gold, IMO. But, if he still has his "big horse moments", he doesn't sound too trustworthy, so just basing off of what I've read so far and from what I've seen, I wouldn't value him at more than 12k. But, if he's the right horse for someone, they'll pay whatever it takes to get him off your hands lol. Good luck with him, by the way.
    By big horse moments, I mean being fresh if he hasn't been ridden in 6+ days and getting strong to fences, but that's when he's not ridden for a long period of time, which in MHO, any horse can be like that.(:
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        01-19-2011, 06:45 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by justjump    
    By big horse moments, I mean being fresh if he hasn't been ridden in 6+ days and getting strong to fences, but that's when he's not ridden for a long period of time, which in MHO, any horse can be like that.(:
    Posted via Mobile Device
    You are right to some extent. Any horse "can" be like that, but whether they are fully trustworthy or not is a different story. My mare hadn't been ridden for 6+MONTHS when I came back home from living in Ohio. However, she wasn't fresh, she was the same as when I left. Still just as bombproof broke and just as gentle as ever. The fact that you say that he was a lunatic when you got him, doesn't really improve his value to me, much. If he was a lunatic then, he still could be a ticking time bomb, and I wouldn't buy him based off the information given. But, if he's right for you, and he's a well accomplished show horse, then keep at it! But, I just truly don't think that he's a true kid horse if he gets fresh when he isn't ridden consistently. So, that does bring his value down a bit from my perspective, but it may not for someone else. Its all about what someone wants and what they're willing to pay.
         

    Tags
    horse, hunter, jumper, sale, worth

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    How much is she worth??? Bandera Horse Riding Critique 49 09-08-2010 11:25 PM
    How much is he worth? ThatNinjaHorse Horse Riding Critique 6 05-21-2010 05:00 AM
    Is he worth it? MTcowgirl Horse Health 11 11-14-2009 12:59 AM
    How much is it worth? CrazyChester Horse Tack and Equipment 2 11-25-2008 12:10 AM
    you think she is worth it? myboydoc Horses for Sale 6 09-16-2008 08:38 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:03 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0