How much is she worth? - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

How much is she worth?

This is a discussion on How much is she worth? within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
      #31
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Lonannuniel    
    Based on the prices in Alberta, you could get $1000+ for her in my area. ( in just searching unbroken 3yr old TB) I found a few up to $5000.
    Where do you live?! Links to these horses??
    The mare is cute, but she's not something stunning. She looks small (am I right?) and small red TB mares are not exactly in high demand, I'm sorry to say. Maybe if she had good substance and had a good show record, she might fetch a decent price... but not as she is.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        02-24-2011, 10:01 PM
      #32
    Green Broke
    JDI, she is rising three and already 16 hands.

    No show record as she isn't even started yet.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
      #33
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustDressageIt    
    Where do you live?! Links to these horses??
    The mare is cute, but she's not something stunning. She looks small (am I right?) and small red TB mares are not exactly in high demand, I'm sorry to say. Maybe if she had good substance and had a good show record, she might fetch a decent price... but not as she is.
    I was basing my opinion purely on what research I did. ^-^" sorry, I was in a rush > Thoroughbred Horse For Sale, Alberta (Canada), Calgary
    She might be a bit more impressive, but searching around at work didn't give me too much time to think about her details. I was just making a point that horses are expensive here
         
        02-24-2011, 11:54 PM
      #34
    Green Broke
    It may potentially help to point out to your mother exactly WHAT type of home she's likely to end up in if she goes for a few hundred bucks at auction? I'm not sure if she cares at all, but the thought that this lovely filly could go to slaughter so you can pocket a few hundred may be all the convincing she needs!

    Best of luck with her, she looks like an absolutely lovely prospect!
         
        02-25-2011, 06:50 AM
      #35
    Green Broke
    Thanks for the well wishes, MM!

    Yes, I am very excited about her future. She has such a good head on her shoulders.
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
      #36
    Yearling
    She is very cute, and I am a sucker for red TBs! I owned a small red TB mare in the past and she was flighty, sensitive, and she hated to stand still. I used her for trails and pretend polo. She was a one-of-a-kind horse that it took a special person to understand, which made her invaluable to me. I understood her quirks and what she "liked" and "didn't like". She was my baby, but to everyone else who didn't know her like I did, she was just another hyper red TB.

    I think you should keep that in mind as far as her 'worth' goes. YOU know this horse, YOU understand her. So when people say "Meh, $100 would be all she brings in" YOU know that she is worth so much more emotionally. There's no way on earth you'd let her go for $100, even if that's all she's "worth" ;) There are tons of red TBs, but there's only ONE Sunny!

    Keep her, break her, enjoy her, and then if you have to sell her later on, give everyone a reason that she's different from all the other red TBs. :) She's extremely cute. And she looks JUST like the mare I was talking about earlier. Best of luck!
         
        02-25-2011, 01:00 PM
      #37
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Equilove    
    She is very cute, and I am a sucker for red TBs! I owned a small red TB mare in the past and she was flighty, sensitive, and she hated to stand still. I used her for trails and pretend polo. She was a one-of-a-kind horse that it took a special person to understand, which made her invaluable to me. I understood her quirks and what she "liked" and "didn't like". She was my baby, but to everyone else who didn't know her like I did, she was just another hyper red TB.

    I think you should keep that in mind as far as her 'worth' goes. YOU know this horse, YOU understand her. So when people say "Meh, $100 would be all she brings in" YOU know that she is worth so much more emotionally. There's no way on earth you'd let her go for $100, even if that's all she's "worth" ;) There are tons of red TBs, but there's only ONE Sunny!

    Keep her, break her, enjoy her, and then if you have to sell her later on, give everyone a reason that she's different from all the other red TBs. :) She's extremely cute. And she looks JUST like the mare I was talking about earlier. Best of luck!
    Awe, that was a very sweet post that made me smile. :)
    Thanks! :)
         
        02-25-2011, 03:44 PM
      #38
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Equilove    
    She is very cute, and I am a sucker for red TBs! I owned a small red TB mare in the past and she was flighty, sensitive, and she hated to stand still. I used her for trails and pretend polo. She was a one-of-a-kind horse that it took a special person to understand, which made her invaluable to me. I understood her quirks and what she "liked" and "didn't like". She was my baby, but to everyone else who didn't know her like I did, she was just another hyper red TB.

    I think you should keep that in mind as far as her 'worth' goes. YOU know this horse, YOU understand her. So when people say "Meh, $100 would be all she brings in" YOU know that she is worth so much more emotionally. There's no way on earth you'd let her go for $100, even if that's all she's "worth" ;) There are tons of red TBs, but there's only ONE Sunny!

    Keep her, break her, enjoy her, and then if you have to sell her later on, give everyone a reason that she's different from all the other red TBs. :) She's extremely cute. And she looks JUST like the mare I was talking about earlier. Best of luck!
    What a nice post.
         
        02-27-2011, 01:14 AM
      #39
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj    
    It may potentially help to point out to your mother exactly WHAT type of home she's likely to end up in if she goes for a few hundred bucks at auction? I'm not sure if she cares at all, but the thought that this lovely filly could go to slaughter so you can pocket a few hundred may be all the convincing she needs!

    Best of luck with her, she looks like an absolutely lovely prospect!
    I am a person that has bought horses for a few hundred bucks and they are the most spoiled, loved and well taken care of horses! Just because a horse is sold cheap does not mean it will have a poor home. IMO I think its sad slaughter houses are closed in the US because it just means more horses are going to be abused and neglected I do belive how it was done should have been changed but not quit Also it hurt the horse market that was already hurting. But I think you have a BEAUTIFUL mare I am in arkansas and I would give you 900 for her if I was buying another one right now : ) But if you would regret selling her don't do it because I sold one of mine awhile back and I miss him very much even though I know he went to a good home.
         
        02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
      #40
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by morganslittleleo    
    I am a person that has bought horses for a few hundred bucks and they are the most spoiled, loved and well taken care of horses! Just because a horse is sold cheap does not mean it will have a poor home.
    I agree... My little mare Savanna was only $300.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    How much is she worth??? Bandera Horse Riding Critique 49 09-08-2010 10:25 PM
    How much would you say they are worth? HorseOfCourse Horses for Sale 4 07-08-2010 11:50 PM
    How much is he worth? ThatNinjaHorse Horse Riding Critique 6 05-21-2010 04:00 AM
    how much is he worth? barebackcowgirl99 Horse Training 17 12-27-2009 12:42 PM
    Are these worth it? WildHeartsCantBeBroken Horse Grooming 21 03-04-2009 09:14 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:37 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0