How much is she worth? - Page 4 - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #31 of 41 Old 02-24-2011, 09:52 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Alberta, Canada
Posts: 11,772
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lonannuniel View Post
Based on the prices in Alberta, you could get $1000+ for her in my area. ( in just searching unbroken 3yr old TB) I found a few up to $5000.
Where do you live?! Links to these horses??
The mare is cute, but she's not something stunning. She looks small (am I right?) and small red TB mares are not exactly in high demand, I'm sorry to say. Maybe if she had good substance and had a good show record, she might fetch a decent price... but not as she is.


The lovely images above provided by CVLC Photography cvlphotography.com
JustDressageIt is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #32 of 41 Old 02-24-2011, 10:01 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama,USA
Posts: 3,909
• Horses: 1
JDI, she is rising three and already 16 hands.

No show record as she isn't even started yet.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sunny is offline  
post #33 of 41 Old 02-24-2011, 10:06 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 573
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustDressageIt View Post
Where do you live?! Links to these horses??
The mare is cute, but she's not something stunning. She looks small (am I right?) and small red TB mares are not exactly in high demand, I'm sorry to say. Maybe if she had good substance and had a good show record, she might fetch a decent price... but not as she is.
I was basing my opinion purely on what research I did. ^-^" sorry, I was in a rush > Thoroughbred Horse For Sale, Alberta (Canada), Calgary
She might be a bit more impressive, but searching around at work didn't give me too much time to think about her details. I was just making a point that horses are expensive here
Lonannuniel is offline  
post #34 of 41 Old 02-24-2011, 11:54 PM
Green Broke
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: Winnipeg, Manitoba, Canada
Posts: 4,510
• Horses: 2
It may potentially help to point out to your mother exactly WHAT type of home she's likely to end up in if she goes for a few hundred bucks at auction? I'm not sure if she cares at all, but the thought that this lovely filly could go to slaughter so you can pocket a few hundred may be all the convincing she needs!

Best of luck with her, she looks like an absolutely lovely prospect!

Quote:
I hope God tells her to smash her computer with a sledgehammer.

MacabreMikolaj is offline  
post #35 of 41 Old 02-25-2011, 06:50 AM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama,USA
Posts: 3,909
• Horses: 1
Thanks for the well wishes, MM!

Yes, I am very excited about her future. She has such a good head on her shoulders.
Posted via Mobile Device
Sunny is offline  
post #36 of 41 Old 02-25-2011, 11:03 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,143
• Horses: 3
She is very cute, and I am a sucker for red TBs! I owned a small red TB mare in the past and she was flighty, sensitive, and she hated to stand still. I used her for trails and pretend polo. She was a one-of-a-kind horse that it took a special person to understand, which made her invaluable to me. I understood her quirks and what she "liked" and "didn't like". She was my baby, but to everyone else who didn't know her like I did, she was just another hyper red TB.

I think you should keep that in mind as far as her 'worth' goes. YOU know this horse, YOU understand her. So when people say "Meh, $100 would be all she brings in" YOU know that she is worth so much more emotionally. There's no way on earth you'd let her go for $100, even if that's all she's "worth" ;) There are tons of red TBs, but there's only ONE Sunny!

Keep her, break her, enjoy her, and then if you have to sell her later on, give everyone a reason that she's different from all the other red TBs. :) She's extremely cute. And she looks JUST like the mare I was talking about earlier. Best of luck!
Equilove is offline  
post #37 of 41 Old 02-25-2011, 01:00 PM Thread Starter
Green Broke
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Alabama,USA
Posts: 3,909
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilove View Post
She is very cute, and I am a sucker for red TBs! I owned a small red TB mare in the past and she was flighty, sensitive, and she hated to stand still. I used her for trails and pretend polo. She was a one-of-a-kind horse that it took a special person to understand, which made her invaluable to me. I understood her quirks and what she "liked" and "didn't like". She was my baby, but to everyone else who didn't know her like I did, she was just another hyper red TB.

I think you should keep that in mind as far as her 'worth' goes. YOU know this horse, YOU understand her. So when people say "Meh, $100 would be all she brings in" YOU know that she is worth so much more emotionally. There's no way on earth you'd let her go for $100, even if that's all she's "worth" ;) There are tons of red TBs, but there's only ONE Sunny!

Keep her, break her, enjoy her, and then if you have to sell her later on, give everyone a reason that she's different from all the other red TBs. :) She's extremely cute. And she looks JUST like the mare I was talking about earlier. Best of luck!
Awe, that was a very sweet post that made me smile. :)
Thanks! :)

"There's nothing more humbling on the planet than horses." --Sean Crocker
Sunny is offline  
post #38 of 41 Old 02-25-2011, 03:44 PM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: NE Ohio
Posts: 350
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Equilove View Post
She is very cute, and I am a sucker for red TBs! I owned a small red TB mare in the past and she was flighty, sensitive, and she hated to stand still. I used her for trails and pretend polo. She was a one-of-a-kind horse that it took a special person to understand, which made her invaluable to me. I understood her quirks and what she "liked" and "didn't like". She was my baby, but to everyone else who didn't know her like I did, she was just another hyper red TB.

I think you should keep that in mind as far as her 'worth' goes. YOU know this horse, YOU understand her. So when people say "Meh, $100 would be all she brings in" YOU know that she is worth so much more emotionally. There's no way on earth you'd let her go for $100, even if that's all she's "worth" ;) There are tons of red TBs, but there's only ONE Sunny!

Keep her, break her, enjoy her, and then if you have to sell her later on, give everyone a reason that she's different from all the other red TBs. :) She's extremely cute. And she looks JUST like the mare I was talking about earlier. Best of luck!
What a nice post.

“Anything forced and misunderstood can never be beautiful” Xenophon, 380 B.C.

Starlite is offline  
post #39 of 41 Old 02-27-2011, 01:14 AM
Foal
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: AR
Posts: 50
• Horses: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacabreMikolaj View Post
It may potentially help to point out to your mother exactly WHAT type of home she's likely to end up in if she goes for a few hundred bucks at auction? I'm not sure if she cares at all, but the thought that this lovely filly could go to slaughter so you can pocket a few hundred may be all the convincing she needs!

Best of luck with her, she looks like an absolutely lovely prospect!
I am a person that has bought horses for a few hundred bucks and they are the most spoiled, loved and well taken care of horses! Just because a horse is sold cheap does not mean it will have a poor home. IMO I think its sad slaughter houses are closed in the US because it just means more horses are going to be abused and neglected I do belive how it was done should have been changed but not quit Also it hurt the horse market that was already hurting. But I think you have a BEAUTIFUL mare I am in arkansas and I would give you 900 for her if I was buying another one right now : ) But if you would regret selling her don't do it because I sold one of mine awhile back and I miss him very much even though I know he went to a good home.
morganslittleleo is offline  
post #40 of 41 Old 02-27-2011, 01:16 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,143
• Horses: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by morganslittleleo View Post
I am a person that has bought horses for a few hundred bucks and they are the most spoiled, loved and well taken care of horses! Just because a horse is sold cheap does not mean it will have a poor home.
I agree... My little mare Savanna was only $300.
Equilove is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How much is she worth??? Bandera Horse Riding Critique 49 09-08-2010 10:25 PM
How much would you say they are worth? HorseOfCourse Horses for Sale 4 07-08-2010 11:50 PM
How much is he worth? ThatNinjaHorse Horse Riding Critique 6 05-21-2010 04:00 AM
how much is he worth? barebackcowgirl99 Horse Training 17 12-27-2009 12:42 PM
Are these worth it? WildHeartsCantBeBroken Horse Grooming 21 03-04-2009 09:14 AM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome