Hunter O/F critique - Page 4
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Hunter O/F critique

This is a discussion on Hunter O/F critique within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • Katt mills horse trainer

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    01-20-2011, 02:42 PM
  #31
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimpatico    
Erika, where are you located? Are you at a boarding barn with a trainer? I know of a few good dressage instructors that work with hunters & jumpers, but I don't know if your situation would allow an outside trainer.

I've been with this trainer for way too long (he's like a dad) I would feel funny bringing someone else in. But I can talk to him and tell him how beneficial it would be to have some type of dressage lessons. I'm sure he'll consider it. Not only me, but my sister and other people I ride with would all benefit from it. He knows a lot, but he's mainly a hunter jumper person.

You can PM me some names if you want...
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    01-20-2011, 02:52 PM
  #32
Yearling
Thanks Velvet! Sometimes she rushes sometimes she's fine. All depends on the day. She usually takes off after the fence if she's in a rushing mood..never usually before.
     
    01-20-2011, 02:55 PM
  #33
Weanling
Maybe you could suggest something like a "Dressage for Jumpers" clinic at your barn? There was one around here last year. I'll see if I can dig up the info.
     
    01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
  #34
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimpatico    
Maybe you could suggest something like a "Dressage for Jumpers" clinic at your barn? There was one around here last year. I'll see if I can dig up the info.
Thanks, I really like that idea.
     
    01-20-2011, 02:59 PM
  #35
Weanling
I'm thinking of something like this... Shows/Clinics - Willow Creek Farm

My trainer also does clinics in the area Katt Mills - Horse Trainer, Teacher, Professional | Services She could certainly organize something like a Dressage for Hunters/Jumpers if your barn is interested.
     
    01-20-2011, 03:03 PM
  #36
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimpatico    
I'm thinking of something like this... Shows/Clinics - Willow Creek Farm

My trainer also does clinics in the area Katt Mills - Horse Trainer, Teacher, Professional | Services She could certainly organize something like a Dressage for Hunters/Jumpers if your barn is interested.

I'm actually in Quakertown PA, both those places are pretty close. I'll mention this to my trainer tonight...thank you so much.
     
    01-20-2011, 03:10 PM
  #37
Weanling
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErikaLynn    
I'm actually in Quakertown PA, both those places are pretty close. I'll mention this to my trainer tonight...thank you so much.
Then you have to come visit us!!!! Actually, you might be very interested in two upcoming clinics at my barn. One is a clinic with Daniel Stewart, former USET eventing coach and founder of the Ride Right program, the other is with Tea Uzman, an A circuit hunter/jumper. Let me know if you want any info! Daniel's clinic is 2/20 and Tea's clinic is next weekend.
     
    01-20-2011, 03:14 PM
  #38
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimpatico    
Then you have to come visit us!!!! Actually, you might be very interested in two upcoming clinics at my barn. One is a clinic with Daniel Stewart, former USET eventing coach and founder of the Ride Right program, the other is with Tea Uzman, an A circuit hunter/jumper. Let me know if you want any info! Daniel's clinic is 2/20 and Tea's clinic is next weekend.

Can I have info for both?
     
    01-20-2011, 03:15 PM
  #39
Weanling
Sending you a PM
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
English Hunter critique? Bluezepher94 Horse Riding Critique 28 10-22-2010 09:12 PM
Hunter on the Flat Critique upupandflyaway1 Horse Riding Critique 10 06-14-2010 07:14 AM
Hunter Jumping Critique(: Bluemoonlvr Horse Riding Critique 14 02-21-2010 08:18 AM
Critique My Hunter,Confo. parcfarms Horse Riding Critique 9 10-03-2009 09:21 AM
*Hunter over fences Critique* amandaandeggo Horse Riding Critique 5 08-07-2009 05:04 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0