I need practice. Post pictures please
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

I need practice. Post pictures please

This is a discussion on I need practice. Post pictures please within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-15-2010, 09:35 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    Smile I need practice. Post pictures please

    Id like to practice my critiquing. Does anyone have any pictures of horse or rider that I can practice on. The only thing is, that I will likely need you to correct me or point out something new, so you sorta have to already know your, or your horses faults.

    Thanks so much
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-15-2010, 09:45 PM
      #2
    Banned
    Do you want riding, or conformation? And what kind of riding? :)
         
        11-15-2010, 09:47 PM
      #3
    Yearling
    How about some very old jump pictures of me.




         
        11-15-2010, 09:49 PM
      #4
    Showing
    . Sure. I don't have great pictures of him since they are so bright but......







         
        11-15-2010, 09:52 PM
      #5
    Super Moderator
    Heres Bo. Sorry I don't have better conformation shots. So it might be tough to make a good critique.
    Bo_and_Doogie_001.jpg
    Bo_and_Doogie_002.jpg


    Here's Joker, again not good shots for confo analysis. I gotta go get better ones, but am too lazy.
    Good luck. Your Avatar horse is gorgeous!!!!
    [ATTACH][ATTACH]misc last 021.jpg[/ATTACH][/ATTACH]
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg misc last 051.jpg (93.5 KB, 223 views)
    File Type: jpg misc last 054.jpg (93.2 KB, 218 views)
         
        11-15-2010, 09:59 PM
      #6
    Banned
    Here's some of me.... I know I'm not wearing a helmet in my home pictures....









    Yes, this dun horse jumps like a goob...




    I don't have any more pictures on this computer...
         
        11-15-2010, 10:01 PM
      #7
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Supermane    
    How about some very old jump pictures of me.




    lol! I'll come back to you once I get more practice.

    For right now, the only thing I see (and I'm likely wrong) is that your jumping position looks as if your going over a much higher jump then you are. I always got told I was 'over jumping' compared to the size of the jump....I know im probably wrong. But IMO you look really good - makes it hard for me to practice. Am I totally wrong?
         
        11-15-2010, 10:04 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AQHA    
    lol! I'll come back to you once I get more practice.

    For right now, the only thing I see (and I'm likely wrong) is that your jumping position looks as if your going over a much higher jump then you are. I always got told I was 'over jumping' compared to the size of the jump....I know im probably wrong. But IMO you look really good - makes it hard for me to practice. Am I totally wrong?
    Nope, you aren't wrong at all. My hip angle is way too extreme for the size of the jump (which looks to be only about 2')
         
        11-15-2010, 10:09 PM
      #9
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by smrobs    
    . Sure. I don't have great pictures of him since they are so bright but......







    his pasterns are kinda short, he looks sorta cow hocked, or toed out at the back...? and his back looks a little long. Am I right, wrong, or missing something? And his chest looks flat not sure if that means anything, or something?

    Thanks:)
         
        11-15-2010, 10:10 PM
      #10
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Supermane    
    Nope, you aren't wrong at all. My hip angle is way too extreme for the size of the jump (which looks to be only about 2')
    Yay! Looking back at the picture I don't see anything else. Is there anything?

    Thanks!!!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Post your pictures! I need the practice! Equus_girl Art Requests 24 01-26-2010 09:47 PM
    How do I post pictures? HorseGurl27 Horse Talk 2 12-16-2009 12:14 PM
    Drill Team Practice (tons of pictures) Spastic_Dove Horse Riding Critique 22 07-22-2009 02:30 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:26 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0