Latest show; Critique please?
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Latest show; Critique please?

This is a discussion on Latest show; Critique please? within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-28-2011, 05:49 AM
      #1
    Foal
    Latest show; Critique please?

    So me and Bunny just returned from our first show together

    Our placings:

    W/T English Equitation - 1st
    W/T English Pleasure - 1st
    W/T English Pleasure Open - 1st
    English Country Pleasure Open - 2nd
    W/T Hunter Hack Open - 3rd

    Then we got high point for the day (which was freaking hilarious because this was only my 3rd show and I didn't really know what high point was, so when they called my name I went up there like "What the heck?" haha!)

    I'd really like a critique from the few pictures I got



    My seat looks off to me here, but I can't put my finger on it. Ideas?



    I know, HORRIBLE angle. Sorry guys

    I have other pictures, but my laptop doesn't want to cooperate. That's what happens with a 5 y/o computer I suppose

    Thanks in advance!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-28-2011, 06:25 AM
      #2
    Green Broke
    The only thing I could put it down to is your arms and your hands maybe.
         
        06-28-2011, 06:33 AM
      #3
    Foal
    Thanks Apache! I know, my arms are horrible. Gotta learn to make a better angle with them!
         
        06-28-2011, 06:43 AM
      #4
    Weanling
    Heyy isn't that LVR/Walnut Grove Park? I ride there ALL the time!
    Posted via Mobile Device
         
        06-28-2011, 06:56 AM
      #5
    Trained
    Congrats on your placings, very well done! The first picture, your legs are fine and seat is ok but you've hollowed out your back a little. Your elbows could be back a bit more and posting between them with your chest out just a little further, but that's being nitpicky. Your overall picture is good.
         
        06-28-2011, 08:40 AM
      #6
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by TKButtermilk    
    Heyy isn't that LVR/Walnut Grove Park? I ride there ALL the time!
    Posted via Mobile Device
    Indeed it is!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by waresbear    
    Congrats on your placings, very well done! The first picture, your legs are fine and seat is ok but you've hollowed out your back a little. Your elbows could be back a bit more and posting between them with your chest out just a little further, but that's being nitpicky. Your overall picture is good.
    Thank you

    My elbows always slide up, done it since day one! I also tend to round my shoulders a bit, gotta love hunt coats for hiding that a bit

    Thanks for the critique!
         
        06-28-2011, 11:08 AM
      #7
    Yearling
    Great job on the getting the highest points for the day!

    What I see is that your toes are pointed too far out, and you can bring your lower leg just a tad more forward to get them underneath you better. I also think you should open up your shoulders more, bend your elbows and carry your hands.

    I'm just going to nip pick real quick...I think your tall boots are too short for you, they should come up to your knee. Also you really should be wearing gloves.

    Other than that...you look great, and you have a beautiful horse. You complement each other very nicely.
         
        06-28-2011, 06:02 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Congrats on getting High Point! My first show I got high point and I was like you, I had no idea what it was! Haha I think earning it is the best way to find out what it is!
         
        06-28-2011, 09:57 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ErikaLynn    
    Great job on the getting the highest points for the day!

    What I see is that your toes are pointed too far out, and you can bring your lower leg just a tad more forward to get them underneath you better. I also think you should open up your shoulders more, bend your elbows and carry your hands.

    I'm just going to nip pick real quick...I think your tall boots are too short for you, they should come up to your knee. Also you really should be wearing gloves.

    Other than that...you look great, and you have a beautiful horse. You complement each other very nicely.
    I do own gloves, and was planning on wearing them that day, but the gremlin who likes to steal socks somehow got to my gloves the day of the show! :roll: We still haven't found them!

    Thanks for the critique, my instructor says ever since I've started jumping my seat has been getting more forward and more forward Really bad habit, but it was so much worse before!

    Haha, yeah, about my tall boots Those are my half chaps that are 3 years old (I got them when I was 10) and are WAY too small for me. We're so broke we really haven't gotten around to buying new ones. So I think skinny when I wear them

    Thank you so much! Your critique was SUPER helpful!

    Quote:
    Originally Posted by haleylvsshammy    
    Congrats on getting High Point! My first show I got high point and I was like you, I had no idea what it was! Haha I think earning it is the best way to find out what it is!
    Thank you Yeah, I was so confused. They were putting the sash on me as soon as I walked up there and my dad was like, "Did she just win a pageant or something?".
         
        06-29-2011, 11:12 AM
      #10
    Foal
    And by the way, I am open to critiques on Bunny (the horse) as well! Rip us both apart
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Our latest show... farmpony84 Horse Shows 10 06-28-2011 02:35 PM
    Critique my latest purchase sixlets Horse Riding Critique 14 03-03-2011 07:32 PM
    Latest Show tempest Horse Riding Critique 7 07-14-2010 06:49 PM
    My latest vid Chiefie Horse Videos 9 10-19-2008 08:14 PM
    Latest Show Pictures kickshaw Horse Pictures 9 07-17-2008 10:53 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:33 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0