My Craptacularly Crippled Cayuse - Page 5
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

My Craptacularly Crippled Cayuse

This is a discussion on My Craptacularly Crippled Cayuse within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree28Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        08-11-2011, 09:52 AM
      #41
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Equilove    
    lol? She was using alliteration and being silly.
    I get the alliteration/repetition part, but I fail to see any humor in "CRAPtacular", or "crippled"

    JMO
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        08-11-2011, 09:59 AM
      #42
    Banned
    Laugh! I call my horse all kinds of names, it's ok though, last I knew his reading skills were not too hot.
         
        08-11-2011, 11:28 AM
      #43
    Showing
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by WhoaNow    
    Quick question?
    Why on earth would you refer to your own horse as 'craptacular'??
    Seems derogatory to her, and really makes no sense??
    I call my horse a sausage on 4 legs. Is that offensive to her?
         
        08-11-2011, 11:39 AM
      #44
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by kitten_Val    
    I call my horse a sausage on 4 legs. Is that offensive to her?
    Not as long as she doesn't find out. As long as you say it behind her back, she's bound to remain clueless
         
        08-11-2011, 11:47 AM
      #45
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Katze    
    In my opinion (and i'm NOT an expert, just my experience from years of seeing, riding horses, and soaking up knowledge from others) the following horse has near perfect confo (if you think im delusional, please point it out lol)

    His name is Aragorn a TB, DOB 2002. Great shoulder and neck on this boy, love the way it ties in, not too much bum either.

    From what I can see, he doesn't seem to have posty hocks or cow hocks (mind you better pics would be a +) His knees are nice and flat, cannon bone doesn't look too long, REALLY well balanced looking boy, bleh I could go on forever. He is an all around eye pleasing horse, with a great color as a bonus. Any of you experts see any flaws?




    I would buy him 100% (as long as he was sound and passed the PPE )
    Oh yeah, he's gorgeous! I could never afford a horse so nice. But I do wish there were more of them out there.
         
        08-11-2011, 11:52 AM
      #46
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Elana    
    Here is the photo..... I do not know who this horse is.. but this is a really really good one IMO. I got it looking for a photo to show people hwo to stand a horse for pictures.
    Very pretty, but I wouldn't call him perfect. I think the first (dappled chestnut) looking horse is close to perfect.

    This guy (the black horse) almost looks a tad roach backed to me. It might just be that his back is really short, which normally is good, but there is something about his back I don't really like. Maybe it's just an optical illusion. I know I have taken a lot of photos of my own horses that make them look like they have flaws that they don't really have. His neck/throatlatch area is also a bit thick.

    Gorgeous horse, I just don't know if he is the best of the best.

    As far as Quarter Horses go (because I don't have time to look for other breeds right now) I really like the build of Dunbars Gold.

    http://www.dunbarsgold.com/
         
        08-11-2011, 12:01 PM
      #47
    Banned
    Dunbars Gold

    What an interesting horse,..., Looks and color!!
         
        08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
      #48
    Banned
    I dunno on the black, still. It's not so much the length of the neck as the angle, muscling, and thickness of the throatlatch that lies below the "perfection" mark for me. And now that I'm on the better monitor, I think I see the mild roach that thr mentioned. Still, undoubtedly, a very very nice horse, and better than 95% of what you see today, but not, to me at least, "perfect."

    WhoaNow, it's because I hate my horse and intend to sell her to the knacker at the first opportunity I'm given.
         
        08-11-2011, 10:57 PM
      #49
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by bubba13    
    WhoaNow, it's because I hate my horse and intend to sell her to the knacker at the first opportunity I'm given.
    ^ omfg that made me lmao, hubby was like "uh huh you iz crazy woman!"
    By the way folks that's internet sarcasm, I doubt very much bubba will be calling the knacker anytime soon
         
        08-11-2011, 11:09 PM
      #50
    Green Broke
    If she does send her to the knackers, I'll take a piece of that meat! After everything Bones has put her through financially, that's the highest priced best cared for piece of meat going! She'd have to sell it at $10 a pound just to begin to recoup her losses!
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Dressage = failed/crippled performance horse Spyder Dressage 22 05-31-2009 10:15 PM
    what is crippled horse? kitten_Val Horse Health 1 11-26-2007 07:00 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:47 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0