New Here, Meet Daizey (Warning: Lots of pics)
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

New Here, Meet Daizey (Warning: Lots of pics)

This is a discussion on New Here, Meet Daizey (Warning: Lots of pics) within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        05-09-2008, 10:50 PM
      #1
    Foal
    New Here, Meet Daizey (Warning: Lots of pics)

    Please critique my girl, and my riding as well. Thanks :)

    Name: Tangeuray Daizey
    Breed: Foundation Quarterhorse
    Age: 8
    Sex: Mare
    Discipline: Dressage, Some hunter/jumper/western, Trained to drive also

    Videos:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ta46ZiBLS9Q
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=krK5ff8ZfZ0

    Conformation:










    Dressage:









    Hunter/Jumper:





    Western:










    Other:

















         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        05-09-2008, 11:34 PM
      #2
    Showing
    Welcome to the Horse Forum!
    Wow...gorgeous pictures.You look awesomeee!
    I would critique but I'm too tired right now lol I will laterrr.
         
        05-10-2008, 06:28 AM
      #3
    Yearling
    She is a very pretty mare, but very downhill. She also stands her front legs to far underneath her. Her downhill conformation seems to affect the way you ride, she seems to pull you forward out of the saddle in some pics.
         
        05-10-2008, 02:04 PM
      #4
    Trained
    Wow now this is the kind of horse I like to see! (I breed foundation Quarter Horses! )

    I have have a few things that I picked out that I'm not a huge fan of...

    -I think she had flat feet in the front
    -She seems to stand under herself
    -She is downhill (I also think that it does affect your riding in some picutres)

    She is an amazing looking mare overall. You have great pictures and it seems like you guys have a great bond!

    BTW Welcome to the Horse Forum! Looking forward to getting to know you and your horses!
         
        05-11-2008, 07:34 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by FehrGroundRanch
    Wow now this is the kind of horse I like to see! (I breed foundation Quarter Horses! )

    I have have a few things that I picked out that I'm not a huge fan of...

    -I think she had flat feet in the front
    -She seems to stand under herself
    -She is downhill (I also think that it does affect your riding in some picutres)

    She is an amazing looking mare overall. You have great pictures and it seems like you guys have a great bond!

    BTW Welcome to the Horse Forum! Looking forward to getting to know you and your horses!
    It has affected my riding, but I'm much better and more secure now. I'll have recent pictures when we go tour show in June.

    Thanks. We really have an awesome bond, went through lots of stuff to get there, but sure worth it :)
         
        05-11-2008, 08:55 PM
      #6
    cls
    Foal
    She's gorgeous! Sorry, I don't really know anything about conformation, so I can't critique, but I was just wondering what the difference between a foundation qh and a regular qh is? I've never heard of that before.
         
        05-11-2008, 09:53 PM
      #7
    Showing
    Is this the same mare as in the Daizey is Crazy video? If so you guys have come a long way!
    Welcome to the HorseForum!
         
        05-11-2008, 10:34 PM
      #8
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JustDressageIt
    Is this the same mare as in the Daizey is Crazy video? If so you guys have come a long way!
    Welcome to the HorseForum!
    Yup, same horse.
         
        05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
      #9
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by cls
    She's gorgeous! Sorry, I don't really know anything about conformation, so I can't critique, but I was just wondering what the difference between a foundation qh and a regular qh is? I've never heard of that before.
    Whereas with regular quarterhorses, thoroughbred blood can be mixed in resulting in leaner horses, foundation quarterhorses come from strictly foundation lines and keep the old style bulldog look.
         
        05-11-2008, 10:46 PM
      #10
    Showing
    She is downhill, but I really like her overall.
         

    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0