Please Critique Me And My Horse Please=] - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Please Critique Me And My Horse Please=]

This is a discussion on Please Critique Me And My Horse Please=] within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        12-04-2009, 06:37 PM
      #11
    Yearling
    You seem to have a severe case of piano hands :P besides that you two look great!
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        12-04-2009, 06:42 PM
      #12
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveTheSaddlebreds    
    you seem to have a severe case of piano hands :P besides that you two look great!

    Yeah I really need to lift my hands up more and thumbs on top!
    Those pics are from the summer. I still need to work on putting thumbs on top but its a bad old habit that will take time to break but I carry my hands higher now:)
    Thanks:)
    X
         
        12-04-2009, 07:07 PM
      #13
    Super Moderator
    A very nice team!
         
        12-04-2009, 07:41 PM
      #14
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Allison Finch    
    A very nice team!

    Aw thanks:)
    We do work well together! Its like he knows what I want him to do by a small change in my seat:)
         
        12-04-2009, 08:30 PM
      #15
    Weanling
    I agree with the piano hands but I love your horse. The only thing I dislike is how you chased the horse so to take the jumps. Horses are prey animals and chasing the horse like that is just asking like a predator. I think you'd find that if you get him to want to take the jumps instead of making him take the jumps he'd take them better and better :)
         
        12-04-2009, 08:48 PM
      #16
    Foal
    He is amazing. He has a stunning jump, briliant coloring, and very nice conformation. Though I must point out he has a bit of a ewe neck. I would suggest just some neck flexes before and after rides, and ride him to the bid a lot, and maybe have him stretch lower when you are on him and off him... Just to get some muscle tone on top of his neck.

    Other than that I love him and want him!!
         
        12-04-2009, 10:57 PM
      #17
    Foal
    Piano hands! Haha! And you could stretch your heel a little more. In the second jumping picture it looks like your stirrup is too long - your leg is almost straight and your body should stay over the center of the saddle, you are positioned over the pommel. Otherwise, you look great. Your shoulder is very open and your toes are in. Overall you look very balanced.

    Your horse is adorable! I love free jumping, it really helps the horse learn how to jump correctly without a rider getting in the way. I would do lots of free jumping because he appeared awkward in the video - he had a cute tuck when the jumps got higher, and towards the end he was using his neck and back nicely. A couple more sessions I'm sure would help him out. But he's super cute! You two seem like a great team. [=
         
        12-05-2009, 11:01 AM
      #18
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by XxHunterJumperxX    
    He is amazing. He has a stunning jump, briliant coloring, and very nice conformation. Though I must point out he has a bit of a ewe neck. I would suggest just some neck flexes before and after rides, and ride him to the bid a lot, and maybe have him stretch lower when you are on him and off him... Just to get some muscle tone on top of his neck.

    Other than that I love him and want him!!

    Thanks:) yeah his jump is unreal! He's only been jumping poles 3 years!
    Yeah I've been working on his neck. He does strteches every day from the ground and when im cooling him off I trot with him long and low outline. He's coming along nicely:) Il have to get newer videos and pics up soon:)

    Lol
         
        12-05-2009, 11:03 AM
      #19
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fourtwentyam    
    Piano hands! Haha! And you could stretch your heel a little more. In the second jumping picture it looks like your stirrup is too long - your leg is almost straight and your body should stay over the center of the saddle, you are positioned over the pommel. Otherwise, you look great. Your shoulder is very open and your toes are in. Overall you look very balanced.

    Your horse is adorable! I love free jumping, it really helps the horse learn how to jump correctly without a rider getting in the way. I would do lots of free jumping because he appeared awkward in the video - he had a cute tuck when the jumps got higher, and towards the end he was using his neck and back nicely. A couple more sessions I'm sure would help him out. But he's super cute! You two seem like a great team. [=

    Lol
    In the 2nd pic I was after taking a few falls so I was just getting back into things.

    Lol yeah its class to watch and see how everyone else see's him jumping.
    Yeah he's a bit off with his striding so next time I do it il put a placing pole just to help him out:)
    Thanks:) x
         
        12-05-2009, 11:20 AM
      #20
    Yearling
    Some newer pics
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg =]0589.jpg (59.4 KB, 25 views)
    File Type: jpg Me Kneeling On Oscar.jpg (44.2 KB, 26 views)
    File Type: jpg oscrs head .jpg (43.6 KB, 27 views)
    File Type: jpg =]0.jpg (38.7 KB, 27 views)
    File Type: jpg =]0573.jpg (44.6 KB, 27 views)
    File Type: jpg =]0574.jpg (49.2 KB, 29 views)
    File Type: jpg DSC00748.jpg (43.6 KB, 25 views)
    File Type: jpg P1020076.jpg (83.6 KB, 27 views)
         

    Tags
    ireland, oscar, tbx, xlaurenoscarx

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    help.. Critique my horse htrjmpr4 Horse Riding Critique 1 08-11-2009 05:22 PM
    Please Critique This Horse! lahorsewhisperer Horse Riding Critique 9 07-12-2009 08:57 PM
    Horse Critique! :) gabrielstriumph Horse Riding Critique 11 05-26-2009 09:03 AM
    Critique my new horse emiliofaraj Horse Riding Critique 23 02-21-2009 07:34 PM
    Critique my horse... VanillaBean Horse Riding Critique 4 11-06-2008 07:23 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:29 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0