please critique my jumping and riding =]
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

please critique my jumping and riding =]

This is a discussion on please critique my jumping and riding =] within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        04-08-2010, 11:26 PM
      #1
    Yearling
    please critique my jumping and riding =]

    Hey guys! So I made a thread a while back ..... heres the old thread just so you all know what's happening... http://www.horseforum.com/horse-riding-critique/jumping-riding-critique-45981/


    And now I want to know what you guys think.. I know I have alot of improving to do but from where I was I think im a lil better...

    Also, I made this thread because I have questions... one... what can I work on... and two.. duke's head seems to tuck under or something.. I can't explain it and im unsure if it is right or if there is some way to fix it.. thanks to anyone who responds and helps me! Its much appreciated!
    Attached Images
    File Type: jpg horses.me 046.jpg (61.0 KB, 96 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 047.jpg (63.3 KB, 97 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 049.jpg (81.3 KB, 94 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 050.jpg (99.0 KB, 93 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 054.jpg (79.0 KB, 95 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 059.jpg (51.0 KB, 101 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 065.jpg (42.3 KB, 91 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 070.jpg (67.1 KB, 94 views)
    File Type: jpg horses.me 072.jpg (50.9 KB, 93 views)
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        04-08-2010, 11:56 PM
      #2
    Weanling
    Just a quick note,

    Your safety stirrups are on the wrong feet! The curve bar should face the outside of the foot, not the inside and the curve should be going forwards, not backwards. Does that make sense?
         
        04-09-2010, 01:18 AM
      #3
    Green Broke
    Um... over a few of the jumps your ahead of him. Your release is very nice, although you did forget to release a few timesm So those are some things to work on !. Try not to forget to realease and 2. Go with him, not before him. I also tend to do both things, trust me, your not alone lol. I LOVE your heels, just turn them more out, in case you jab him, but I love how down they are! Im jealous heehee! Also, you have slight piano hands, but nothing major that can't be fixed.

    Sorry about that... if Im being to negative or harsh Im sorry. Butr all in all your not a bad jumper, not at all. Your very good.

    I love your horse, I don't have anything on him, so I can't help there, but he really is handsome
         
        04-09-2010, 05:27 PM
      #4
    Yearling
    You might get more responses if you post in the critiques section. I am just starting to jump so I have only basic pointers, likely you will get much more detailed info from others and if I say something very wrong, it is for lack of education so I defer to more experienced riders!

    Your horse is a trooper- he is taking you over those jumps even though he looks kind of mad. I think if you fix a few things, the two of you can become more of a team and he'll be even more willing and excited about jumping with you! You're gripping with the back of your calves as your toes are pointing almost completely perpendicular to your horse's sides. Try to keep your toes pointing forward instead. You're also quite often ahead of him- these jumps aren't very big, he doesn't need that much help, so try not to throw yourself over the jump so much.

    Also, you've neglected to release on several of the pics, I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with his pinned ears. In your other thread it looks like you're either behind or ahead of the motion in all your pics, I think some quality flatwork time, especially making your two point more solid, will really iron out this problem. But good for you, I'm just getting into jumping too and I know there is SO much work involved and I'm definitely not brave enough to post for critiques yet. Keep at it and listen to the more seasoned jumpers on here, you'll be moving forward for sure!
         
        04-09-2010, 09:06 PM
      #5
    Yearling
    Well, everything has already been said that I wanted to say lol. Which is good. I do have to say that I don't think your horse likes to jump at all, unfortunately. His ears are constantly pinned back. Maybe with more jumping and a lot of praise for doing the jumps so well, he might enjoy it. I am by no means saying you don't praise him, just saying you should overly praise him so he thinks what he is doing is exactly what he should be doing so maybe he might like jumping more?? Lol
         
        04-10-2010, 09:07 AM
      #6
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by SallyRC123    
    Just a quick note,

    Your safety stirrups are on the wrong feet! The curve bar should face the outside of the foot, not the inside and the curve should be going forwards, not backwards. Does that make sense?
    AH!! Thank you! Lol..i am borrowing that saddle and I looked at those stirrups and were like what in the world! Lol.. thank you for clearing that up for me!! Haha
         
        04-10-2010, 09:40 AM
      #7
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by LoveStory10    
    Um... over a few of the jumps your ahead of him. Your release is very nice, although you did forget to release a few timesm So those are some things to work on !. Try not to forget to realease and 2. Go with him, not before him. I also tend to do both things, trust me, your not alone lol. I LOVE your heels, just turn them more out, in case you jab him, but I love how down they are! Im jealous heehee! Also, you have slight piano hands, but nothing major that can't be fixed.

    Sorry about that... if Im being to negative or harsh Im sorry. Butr all in all your not a bad jumper, not at all. Your very good.

    I love your horse, I don't have anything on him, so I can't help there, but he really is handsome

    I thik what is happening is that he was being REALLY slow that day.. so I was really having to push him forward doing anything! Lol..i think maybe I was trying to push him over the jumps..im just going to relax and try to go with his movements..and also thanks...i just can't keep my heels down and toes pointed forward! But im working on that!

    And you are not being too harsh.lol.. that is what the critique section if for.. to get criticism.

    And thank you =]
         
        04-10-2010, 09:45 AM
      #8
    Trained
    Duke's head is tucking under bc you are pulling on his mouth in pretty much all the pics. That is also probably why he looks a bit crabby. I would suggest lengthening your reins a bit as well as giving more release. I think in general you guys are looking pretty good though =]
         
        04-10-2010, 09:47 AM
      #9
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tealamutt    
    you might get more responses if you post in the critiques section. I am just starting to jump so I have only basic pointers, likely you will get much more detailed info from others and if I say something very wrong, it is for lack of education so I defer to more experienced riders!

    Your horse is a trooper- he is taking you over those jumps even though he looks kind of mad. I think if you fix a few things, the two of you can become more of a team and he'll be even more willing and excited about jumping with you! You're gripping with the back of your calves as your toes are pointing almost completely perpendicular to your horse's sides. Try to keep your toes pointing forward instead. You're also quite often ahead of him- these jumps aren't very big, he doesn't need that much help, so try not to throw yourself over the jump so much.

    Also, you've neglected to release on several of the pics, I wonder if that doesn't have something to do with his pinned ears. In your other thread it looks like you're either behind or ahead of the motion in all your pics, I think some quality flatwork time, especially making your two point more solid, will really iron out this problem. But good for you, I'm just getting into jumping too and I know there is SO much work involved and I'm definitely not brave enough to post for critiques yet. Keep at it and listen to the more seasoned jumpers on here, you'll be moving forward for sure!

    You know, he does look mad.. lol.. he was being lazyyyy that day and im sure he was very upset with me because I was making him work.haha.. about the jumping ahaead thing I commented on that in the above post =] hmm.. about the releasing.. you notice how dukes head is like tuck under..i can't really explain it..but should it be that way.. I was trying to pull his head.but doing that I am failing to give release.. so any pointers on that would be great!

    Thanks for all your comments!
         
        04-10-2010, 09:48 AM
      #10
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by gypsygirl    
    duke's head is tucking under bc you are pulling on his mouth in pretty much all the pics. That is also probably why he looks a bit crabby. I would suggest lengthening your reins a bit as well as giving more release. I think in general you guys are looking pretty good though =]

    O wow...im a complete idiot! Lol.. wow. Thank you soo much for clarifying that for me!! Haha.. wow..thats all I can say.haha.. I will definitely lenthen my reins from now on!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Jumping and Riding critique katieandduke Horse Riding Critique 20 02-05-2010 06:10 PM
    jumping and riding critique. oceanbluee1313 Horse Riding Critique 59 01-19-2010 08:49 PM
    Riding and Jumping critique lol Ariat164 Horse Riding Critique 6 01-13-2010 12:27 AM
    Jumping back into riding again Sarah594 Meet the Community 1 06-23-2009 03:07 PM
    riding and jumping vid and pic rachealwatkins Horse Riding Critique 2 04-06-2008 04:32 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:33 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0