So here's the story. I've gone quite some time without a horse at this point, and am in some serious withdrawal. I haven't even ridden in about 4 months. But, I finally graduate high school this June, turn 18 in July, and have a steady job. So at this point, I'm finally ready to start looking for a new horse :] Unfortunately, I'm still looking for a barn in my area at this point that really fits my needs, so I am sans trainer to help me look, and would love it if you guys could help!
- My budget is fairly small. I'm hoping to pay a max of about $2000, but will go as high as $3000 if the horse is really perfect.
- I am looking for a horse that has some serious eventing potential, if not previous training. I'm hoping to be able to take this horse up to at least showing training/schooling prelim.
- I have 12 years of riding experience, and although I still have much to learn, I am comfortable with a horse that needs an experienced rider.
- Green is okay, but at this point, I am not comfortable enough with my own skills to train from the ground up, so I would prefer a horse that at least has its basics down.
- I live in the Philadelphia area, and am willing to travel up to three hours away.
Those are the only requirements that I can think of right now, so if you wanted to help me search I would very much appreciate it!
Now, onto the horses I have found so far. Not all of them have very good conformation shots, but if you guys convince me it's worth it, I will be emailing the owners and requesting some :] Last but not least: I do not own my own laptop and the one I'm using is from school, so of course, youtube is blocked :[ So unfortunately, I cannot see most of the horse's videos. So if you guys wouldn't mind watching and telling me what you see, I'd be very very thankful. Dressed to Impress
First guy I found. I'm very curious to hear about his video. I'm not a fan of the fact that it appears as though they're using draw reins on him. I tend to find those cause more harm than anything else in most cases, and I fear I might have a bit of bad training to fix with him, but it might be worth it. Coach Chaney
I like this guy a bit better than the first. He looks as though he has some nice potential in the flat pics, although in the jumping ones he looks like he might have the habit of getting in a bit close? Could also be the rider. But if anyone has the time to go to the youtube channel they list, I'd be much appreciative. Bleniem
VERY interested in this guy. But in his confo pics, something about his front pasterns worries me. Is anyone else seeing it? Might just be shadows.
That's all for now!
Oh, and this girl - Mimi
- kinda makes me wanna cry. She came up in my search because she doesn't have an actual price listed, but she's a very obviously well trained Hanoverian owned by Susie Beale, so she can't be cheap *sob*. I really need to get my butt over to Susie Beale's barn though and see about training with her, because it's about the only reputable event barn I can find in my area.
THANKS AGAIN GUYS!