potential jumper - Page 5
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

potential jumper

This is a discussion on potential jumper within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-15-2008, 04:13 PM
      #41
    Foal
    Yeah...the chestnut mare is under weight. I have some crappy video of her...its hard to tell but her strides look nice and long.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-15-2008, 04:24 PM
      #42
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatieStanley    
    Yeah...the chestnut mare is under weight. I have some crappy video of her...its hard to tell but her strides look nice and long.
    And that fact is your way to lower the price if you see her and like her. Offer $1500.00 and be willing to go to $2,000, again if you like what you see. Also in the art of negotiating you make a final offer and tell them it is good until......(put in date) and then say otherwise she can keep the mare over the winter.

    I am a hard negotiator but it works in this market as it is a buyers market.

    Do the same sort of offer ( whatever you feel is right) if you like the gelding and put an expiry date on that offer, with conditions that if an offer on a previous seen horse comes through first then your offer on this one is null and void.

    I can be rather mean.
         
        11-15-2008, 04:39 PM
      #43
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Spyder    
    And that fact is your way to lower the price if you see her and like her. Offer $1500.00 and be willing to go to $2,000, again if you like what you see. Also in the art of negotiating you make a final offer and tell them it is good until......(put in date) and then say otherwise she can keep the mare over the winter.

    I am a hard negotiator but it works in this market as it is a buyers market.

    Do the same sort of offer ( whatever you feel is right) if you like the gelding and put an expiry date on that offer, with conditions that if an offer on a previous seen horse comes through first then your offer on this one is null and void.

    I can be rather mean.
    Thanks for the advice- And that's not mean...just honest. I like honest. Great news...I found the chestnut mare on another site for $2500 ( I hate it when they have them listed all over the place with diff prices on each site- I always search for them on every horse sale site to make sure I know what the lowest asking price is) So I will def. Offer $1500. The lady is super nice though. I talked with her last week. I'll let you know how it goes. I was going to wait until next weekend to see the mare...but I may just make a loop and see her tomorrow too.
         
        11-15-2008, 04:47 PM
      #44
    Banned
    If that mare is what I think it is and has no major faults it is probably worth the $2500.00 asked for in the other sale ad but you will never admit it to the seller. Also make a note that no papers are mentioned in the ad and that is also a point in your favour to reduce the price. With JC papers then yes $2500.00 would be warrented.

    Always keep in the back of your mind that you need to keep some money aside for trailering and vet check so the more you can save on any purchase the better off you will be.
         
        11-15-2008, 04:56 PM
      #45
    Foal
    I probably need to look into local vets there since I am 2 hours away- I love for my vet to do it but trailering a horse back 2 hours away would be no fun.
         
        11-15-2008, 08:42 PM
      #46
    Foal
    Question

    So Hotreddun- Have you decided if the grey mare is going to work out for you or not? I am going to look at this mare tomorrow- She is under weight but I think she could be great.







         
        11-16-2008, 10:10 AM
      #47
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by KatieStanley    
    So Hotreddun- Have you decided if the grey mare is going to work out for you or not? I am going to look at this mare tomorrow- She is under weight but I think she could be great.
    The grey is at my trainers for 2 weeks on trial...my trainer is testing her out for me since my schedule is somewhat unpredictable with a 4 month old baby. :) I rode her last weekend and will be going again next weekend. If I have a good ride on her next weekend I will probably offer $1500-2000ish...they want $2500. We'll just have to see what happens.
         
        11-16-2008, 05:24 PM
      #48
    Foal
    I absolutely love that paint. Beautiful :)

    Even knees while jumping, straight knees at the trot, and very attractive frame. I also love love love her markings, and her kind expression.

    That looks like one special horse.
         
        11-16-2008, 05:30 PM
      #49
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by fedex    
    I absolutely love that paint. Beautiful :)

    Even knees while jumping, straight knees at the trot, and very attractive frame. I also love love love her markings, and her kind expression.

    That looks like one special horse.
    I agree...and all for $3500! It was a real bummer when I found out she was already sold last week. I hate when people don't update their for sale ads.
         
        11-16-2008, 05:33 PM
      #50
    Foal
    Oh no!

    I'm sorry to hear about that. Sorry if you mentioned it before, I didn't read posts previous to mine :)

    Maybe it's for the better. Looks aren't always everyhting, and there may be an even better horse out there for you!
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Potential Buy.. MariHxc Horse Riding Critique 20 05-17-2008 03:37 PM
    horses potential jazzyrider Horse Talk 12 02-22-2008 07:04 PM
    please critique- potential buy lakotalegend15 Horse Riding Critique 14 02-14-2008 11:17 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:24 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0