How far can your horse run, without running out of Puff
factor rating............ 5f to 2 miles Puff
factor is a guide to the distance your horse can run before its out of gas........
You are most welcome to estimate your own horses Puff
rating with your original listing
In a more serious sense, it can be used as a *guide to assess What sort of discipline suits your horse based on levering, or bone structure only, muscle shape/mass not considered, thus apply common sense.
- 5 - 7f Tough'n'ready types, Barrel, sprinting racehorses
- 7 - 9f Cow horse, versatile.
- 8 - 10f Versatile, jumping, mddle distance racehorse.
- 9 - 11f Eventer, versatile.
- 11f+ Lean'n'refined, Show horse, long distance racehorse, endurence
Or advancing on that
- Uphill type (higher rating)
- Downhill type (lower rating)
- Speed/sprinting (lower rating)
- Endurence (higher rating)
- Show type (higher rating)
- Barrel type (lower rating)
- Stride length (higher the rating, longer the stride)
- Strength through stance stage (lower rating)
- Speed through recovery phase (higher rating)
- Flexibility (higher rating)
- etc etc etc
Or define it as
- Speed 6f
- Versatile 9f
- Endurence 10f
So its a rating that tells you alot about your horse, without actually criticizing your horse, or saying anything !!!!
Both high and low ratings
can be good, depending on what you wish to do with the horse......