Sportpony registry
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

Sportpony registry

This is a discussion on Sportpony registry within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    06-18-2009, 04:16 PM
  #1
Yearling
Sportpony registry

I have been thinking about taking onyx over to Washington on august 12th for the sportpony registration inspection. How do you guys think he would do? I think he's a nice enough little guy I could get him in. Opinions on this please! Thanks!!

Here is a link to there rules and regulations:
American Sportpony Registry - Inspection Requirements & Guidelines

Newest photo's of onyx.













A video of him free jumping!

     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    06-18-2009, 04:21 PM
  #2
Banned
Gorgeous horse!! I think he will do great.
     
    06-18-2009, 04:23 PM
  #3
Yearling
     
    06-18-2009, 04:28 PM
  #4
Showing
Beautiful pony. Looks quite a bit like a Welsh I bought for my kids back in the early 80's.

I read the site you listed and it talks about mares and stallions but doesn't mention geldings (but I can't tell if yours is or isn't intact).

He certainly looks correct and athletic - I would take him for the inspection.
     
    06-18-2009, 04:33 PM
  #5
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by iridehorses    
Beautiful pony. Looks quite a bit like a Welsh I bought for my kids back in the early 80's.

I read the site you listed and it talks about mares and stallions but doesn't mention geldings (but I can't tell if yours is or isn't intact).

He certainly looks correct and athletic - I would take him for the inspection.
thanks! He is a gelding, the requirements are the same for stallion and geldings expect the breeding part lol!
     
    06-18-2009, 07:22 PM
  #6
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Arabians    
i have been thinking about taking onyx over to Washington on august 12th for the sportpony registration inspection. How do you guys think he would do? I think he's a nice enough little guy I could get him in. Opinions on this please! Thanks!!

Here is a link to there rules and regulations:
American Sportpony Registry - Inspection Requirements & Guidelines

Newest photo's of onyx.

Is he already registered as an Arab? And are you planning on showing him...and as what ( classes )?
     
    06-18-2009, 08:24 PM
  #7
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
Is he already registered as an Arab? And are you planning on showing him...and as what ( classes )?
yes he is reg Arabian. He's been at the trainers for 30 days and will be there for at least another 30 days for dressage. In a few years were hoping he will be ready for a younger rider so my little sister can ride him in jumping and dressage. I'll probably enter him in halter classes and lower leval english classes next summer and work our way up from there.
     
    06-18-2009, 10:18 PM
  #8
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twilight Arabians    
yes he is reg Arabian. He's been at the trainers for 30 days and will be there for at least another 30 days for dressage. In a few years were hoping he will be ready for a younger rider so my little sister can ride him in jumping and dressage. I'll probably enter him in halter classes and lower leval english classes next summer and work our way up from there.
The AWR is a member of the WBFSH and you might want to check on the status of being "registered". Normally a horse can only be registered in 1 registry but can be approved in another but approval is for breeding stock only (this is according to WBFSH).

Members - wbfsh.org

Now because the Arabian registry is not a member I am not sure how this would work so maybe just check with the AWR to be sure you are not wasting your money. I believe also you have to designate which registry your horse belongs to with the US Equestrian organization and since I don't know all the rules involved there( I don't live in the US) I am not sure if it has to stay the same throughout the showing span so you might want to check there.

Both registries will want you represennting them and I am not sure if there could be difficulties that may show up, so before you go through this I would do some research.
     
    06-18-2009, 11:52 PM
  #9
Yearling
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyder    
The AWR is a member of the WBFSH and you might want to check on the status of being "registered". Normally a horse can only be registered in 1 registry but can be approved in another but approval is for breeding stock only (this is according to WBFSH).

Members - wbfsh.org

Now because the Arabian registry is not a member I am not sure how this would work so maybe just check with the AWR to be sure you are not wasting your money. I believe also you have to designate which registry your horse belongs to with the US Equestrian organization and since I don't know all the rules involved there( I don't live in the US) I am not sure if it has to stay the same throughout the showing span so you might want to check there.

Both registries will want you represennting them and I am not sure if there could be difficulties that may show up, so before you go through this I would do some research.
as far as I know I can. I know with Arabians you can double register then as warmbloods and sport pony is apart of the american warmblood foundation. I tired to call the contact number on there web site to ask them a few questions but there was no answer... a friend of mine also has been thinking about taking her QH gelding for insepction to be registered as a warmblood witch is held the same day at the same location. I'm going to think on it more and I may wait untill next year to take him as its about a days drive away and he's just started under saddle.
     
    06-19-2009, 01:09 AM
  #10
Green Broke
How tall is he? He's absolutely divine, he looks like a Caspian he's so small! Very correct and athletic though, absolutely gorgeous.
     



Quick Reply
Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Registry Help ilovelucy Horse Law 17 05-17-2009 04:14 PM
Arabian Registry Members!!!! Janasse Horse Breeds 2 01-26-2009 04:36 PM
Registry Question Black Beauty Horse Talk 2 01-22-2009 12:41 PM
Breed Registry Help! BluDragon Horse Breeds 3 02-08-2007 12:05 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:54 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0