What do you think? - Page 3
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding Critique

What do you think?

This is a discussion on What do you think? within the Horse Riding Critique forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        01-10-2009, 03:43 PM
      #21
    Yearling
    Well dang, it wouldn't let me edit any more on my previous post....

    Anyhow, the fact that this mare is out of an Al-Marah bred mare would make her worth something in most anyone's book, Al-Marah horses are sometimes hard to come by and highly sought after bloodlines by a lot of Arab folks! I don't think this mare looks broken down at all, she just had a foal and is underweight, she needs some weight on her, and some muscling up, and she will be a knock-out. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of her! If she had been up for sale I would've bought her in an instant, especially with those bloodlines! I think your friend got a hekuva deal! How old is the mare?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        01-10-2009, 07:03 PM
      #22
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Remali    
    Well dang, it wouldn't let me edit any more on my previous post....

    Anyhow, the fact that this mare is out of an Al-Marah bred mare would make her worth something in most anyone's book, Al-Marah horses are sometimes hard to come by and highly sought after bloodlines by a lot of Arab folks! I don't think this mare looks broken down at all, she just had a foal and is underweight, she needs some weight on her, and some muscling up, and she will be a knock-out. Looking forward to seeing more pictures of her! If she had been up for sale I would've bought her in an instant, especially with those bloodlines! I think your friend got a hekuva deal! How old is the mare?

    Yep she got her feet done the other day and my friend did say she's gaining weight! Ill be sure to get some more pics in a month or so when she's got some good weight on her! she's thinking about breeding her to this stallion, I can't remeber for the life of me what his breeding is. I need to call his owner. Sorry my pics not very good, he's really fat, lol.





         
        01-10-2009, 07:43 PM
      #23
    Yearling
    He's a handsome horse! He looks fat and happy, it's nice to see a stallion out enjoying life in a pasture, and not cooped up in a small paddock or stall.
         
        01-10-2009, 07:47 PM
      #24
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Remali    
    He's a handsome horse! He looks fat and happy, it's nice to see a stallion out enjoying life in a pasture, and not cooped up in a small paddock or stall.
    lol!! I read ur posts to my friend!! Lol, she says thanks!! Also she's 10.
         
        01-10-2009, 07:56 PM
      #25
    Cat
    Green Broke
    Cute mare for a free horse, but she doesn't look to be breeding quality to me. There are some big conformation faults that a trim won't fix. Those front pasterns are long and looked to be dropped. This can be genetic and be passed on to the foal. They can also continue to drop, especially with carrying the constant weight of a foal and end up being painful for the mare. The shoulder is pretty steep as well, typically undesireable in a horse due to the choppy stride it can create. I really hope your friend reconsiders breeding her and chooses just to enjoy her as a riding horse instead.

    As for the stallion - those aren't good conformation shots to judge.
         
        01-10-2009, 10:09 PM
      #26
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Cat    
    Cute mare for a free horse, but she doesn't look to be breeding quality to me. There are some big conformation faults that a trim won't fix. Those front pasterns are long and looked to be dropped. This can be genetic and be passed on to the foal. They can also continue to drop, especially with carrying the constant weight of a foal and end up being painful for the mare. The shoulder is pretty steep as well, typically undesireable in a horse due to the choppy stride it can create. I really hope your friend reconsiders breeding her and chooses just to enjoy her as a riding horse instead.

    As for the stallion - those aren't good conformation shots to judge.

    Yea ill be going out this week to take more pics of her. I do agree with you, but my friend says she looks better so we shall see! Yea the stallions not mine so these were just a few shots I took at the end of last summer when I was out there. I probably wont be going out there again for awhile. Also if she does breed her it wouldn't be tell 1010. She wants to give her at LEAST a year brake from having babys.
         
        01-13-2009, 01:24 PM
      #27
    Yearling
    I would wait till the farrier trims the mare's feet and get her standing on firm solid ground before making a decision about those pasterns.....if you find the right stallion to compliment her, I'd breed her.....no horse is perfect. Have any of you ever taken a serious look at some of the National Champions legs??!! I could take long pasterns, there are worse things. And she is standing in snow and not standing really square. Her bloodlines are nice enough she could have an extremely nice foal when bred to the right stallion. Also, keep in mind she has no muscle tone at all right now and just had a foal so is not going to be in shape, I think she is a mighty fine mare.
         
        01-14-2009, 04:31 AM
      #28
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Remali    
    I would wait till the farrier trims the mare's feet and get her standing on firm solid ground before making a decision about those pasterns.....if you find the right stallion to compliment her, I'd breed her.....no horse is perfect. Have any of you ever taken a serious look at some of the National Champions legs??!! I could take long pasterns, there are worse things. And she is standing in snow and not standing really square. Her bloodlines are nice enough she could have an extremely nice foal when bred to the right stallion. Also, keep in mind she has no muscle tone at all right now and just had a foal so is not going to be in shape, I think she is a mighty fine mare.
    yep she just got her feet done and my friend tells me she's looking a lot better now!! Im going over there tomorrow since its my day off and ill take some more pics! Also alot of the snow has melted so ill be sure to have her set her up where there's no snow and its flat. yea both me and my friend are looking for just the right stallion to breed to in a few years time. Im really leaning towards Ata Bey Starr for my Morab filly, but she's trying to find a liver chestnut to breed her mare to. Or a black. But yea I LOVE Ata Bey Starr! He's been my fav arabian stallion since 2006.
         
        01-14-2009, 07:37 AM
      #29
    Yearling
    She is very nice looking, especially when she has had a trim, lost the fuzz and gained some muscle
         
        01-14-2009, 06:42 PM
      #30
    Yearling
    Well, he isn't a liver chestnut, but he IS a chestnut....I've been an admirer of his for many years.....Taez. Here is the website where he stands at stud, I think he is amazing! And his Crabbet lines would compliment your friend's mare's Crabbet lines. Click on where it says "stallions" then check out Taez, especially the conformation shot (enlarge it for a better look), I wish I could breed my mare to him!

    Bright Future Farms
         

    Tags
    arabian, filly, foal, horse, mare

    Thread Tools



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:39 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0