30 minutes, once a week- can you handle that? - Page 2 - The Horse Forum

 5Likes
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 17 Old 04-27-2013, 08:30 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,166
• Horses: 5
30 minutes a week would have been 30 minutes more than I got for every week since December, except for a 10 day stretch where I got out 3 times. <sigh> we take what we can get sometimes.

On a good note, I final got out today! Yay!
Skyseternalangel likes this.
NorthernMama is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 17 Old 04-29-2013, 10:48 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 27
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by NorthernMama View Post
30 minutes a week would have been 30 minutes more than I got for every week since December, except for a 10 day stretch where I got out 3 times. <sigh> we take what we can get sometimes.

On a good note, I final got out today! Yay!
I still have a full week to go. Yikes..
Finalcanter is offline  
post #13 of 17 Old 04-29-2013, 06:52 PM
Trained
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Ontario
Posts: 6,166
• Horses: 5
Soon, FinalCanter, soon... hold tight!
NorthernMama is offline  
post #14 of 17 Old 04-29-2013, 07:09 PM
Showing
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Missouri
Posts: 16,674
• Horses: 1
I would not plan on going out that often while you're in school. I hate to say this but the barn sucks up important study time.

You should definitely allow yourself 30 minutes 1 day.. and maybe build up but not THAT much... I am balancing a fulltime job, horse time, and college online. I have been dedicating Saturdays to my 30 minutes of riding (now it's 50 at this new barn) and have just ended my term so I am able to spend a few hours out there once a week with my new project. But yeah between travel time, groom time, and ride time.. the minimum I can be out there is 3 hours..

"Strength is the ability to use a muscle without tension"
Skyseternalangel is online now  
post #15 of 17 Old 05-04-2013, 05:48 PM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 27
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyseternalangel View Post
I would not plan on going out that often while you're in school. I hate to say this but the barn sucks up important study time.

You should definitely allow yourself 30 minutes 1 day.. and maybe build up but not THAT much... I am balancing a fulltime job, horse time, and college online. I have been dedicating Saturdays to my 30 minutes of riding (now it's 50 at this new barn) and have just ended my term so I am able to spend a few hours out there once a week with my new project. But yeah between travel time, groom time, and ride time.. the minimum I can be out there is 3 hours..
When it comes down to it; I'll just have to see how I can fit it into my schedule. If I am able to go twice a week let's say, and do well in uni; then it all works out. If not; if not. The problem is that I'm planning way far ahead. I'm not even in college yet. I'll see when I'm done with 1st semester. My previous post were just written in some agitation. Much more relaxed this week; enough to think straight.
Finalcanter is offline  
post #16 of 17 Old 05-08-2013, 01:14 AM
Weanling
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 727
• Horses: 1
Well, I was originally molecular biology pre-vet (but ended up doing neuroscience with a math minor and am now doing my PhD instead of vet school!), and I rode twice a week on my college IHSA team (once a week if it was busy). My friend who was pre-law/English rode much more often than I did. ;) It's totally do-able! Especially if you live on campus.

Are you going to college in upstate NY? (Saw your signature!)

Last edited by existentialpony; 05-08-2013 at 01:17 AM.
existentialpony is offline  
post #17 of 17 Old 05-15-2013, 10:39 AM Thread Starter
Foal
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: New York
Posts: 27
• Horses: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by existentialpony View Post
Well, I was originally molecular biology pre-vet (but ended up doing neuroscience with a math minor and am now doing my PhD instead of vet school!), and I rode twice a week on my college IHSA team (once a week if it was busy). My friend who was pre-law/English rode much more often than I did. ;) It's totally do-able! Especially if you live on campus.

Are you going to college in upstate NY? (Saw your signature!)

Sorry for the late reply; yes- I am going upstate! I am living on campus too (which has many stables around that I can get to.) I guess I should also consider other things- I may or may not change my major. Interest can change easily. I'm quite excited
Finalcanter is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


Old Thread Warning
This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Last Minutes with Oden Spastic_Dove Other Pets 4 06-08-2011 06:49 PM
10 minutes a day. Horse Dreamer Horse Training 6 03-16-2011 07:25 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome