Horse Camp help... - Page 2
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

Horse Camp help...

This is a discussion on Horse Camp help... within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-23-2010, 02:51 AM
      #11
    Foal
    You can choose between two different horseback trail rides, which are offered as optional activities.Activities will be tailored to the group, and may include a field trip to a local equestrian event or facility, a riding lesson or trail ride, demos of riding, driving, or training, and in season, for lucky campers, observation of breeding or foaling.


    Zylkene|Arden Grange Dog Food
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-23-2010, 08:44 AM
      #12
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979    

    I wish we had horse shoes to make a craft.... All of my horses except one are barefoot, so we never have extra shoes laying around.
    Call your farrier, I am guessing they will have a stash.


    You need to do something that gives them stuff to take home. Some crafty horse project.
    Even if it is as simple of fabric paint on t-shirts.
         
        06-23-2010, 08:51 AM
      #13
    Yearling
    Are they assigned a horse each for the whole camp? If so you could take a photo of each with their horse and give them
         
        06-23-2010, 09:20 AM
      #14
    Green Broke
    We can't give trail rides. My insurance won't cover it and we don't have many around where we're at. There are lots of loose dogs too, which can make the horse's jump a bit. I don't want to risk anyone falling off...
         
        06-23-2010, 09:22 AM
      #15
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by Alwaysbehind    
    Call your farrier, I am guessing they will have a stash.


    You need to do something that gives them stuff to take home. Some crafty horse project.
    Even if it is as simple of fabric paint on t-shirts.
    Duh, I'll call the farrier, lol. I did make them "riding journals" that they get to decorate. I'll stop by Hobby Lobby and see if they have any horse-y craft things. That might be fun to do on Friday. It may rain...
         
        06-23-2010, 09:24 AM
      #16
    Green Broke
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ThatNinjaHorse    
    Are they assigned a horse each for the whole camp? If so you could take a photo of each with their horse and give them
    No, I have three horses that the six girls are rotating on. My other two lesson horses are "advanced" and all of the camp girls are beginner to intermediate. My next camp I will have two advanced girls that will ride my other horses. I could do the photo project that week.
         
        06-23-2010, 09:51 AM
      #17
    Green Broke
    Most of what I do has been covered, but one other thing my campers have always loved was "What IS That?" you send them one at a time into the tack room to pick out a piece of equipment that they have no idea what is or what it's for, then you let everyone take a guess. "Prize" to the one that gets the closest. (we used mini snickers or dumdums) Then you explain what it is, and even show them if you can. This is also great for rainy days, because it ties up time, and you don't have to plan anything special to do it.
         
        06-23-2010, 10:01 AM
      #18
    Banned
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by luvs2ride1979    
    No, I have three horses that the six girls are rotating on. My other two lesson horses are "advanced" and all of the camp girls are beginner to intermediate. My next camp I will have two advanced girls that will ride my other horses. I could do the photo project that week.
    You can do the photo project even if they are not assigned a horse. Ask them which horse they want to have a photo with and take it. If you get horse shoes they can make frames using them and then they have some place to put their photo. Or buy way cheap frames at hobby lobby and some horse themed decorations and they can decorate their frames and then have their photo to go in it.
         
        06-23-2010, 10:37 AM
      #19
    Started
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by apachiedragon    
    Most of what I do has been covered, but one other thing my campers have always loved was "What IS That?" you send them one at a time into the tack room to pick out a piece of equipment that they have no idea what is or what it's for, then you let everyone take a guess. "Prize" to the one that gets the closest. (we used mini snickers or dumdums) Then you explain what it is, and even show them if you can. This is also great for rainy days, because it ties up time, and you don't have to plan anything special to do it.

    That's a really good idea! I'll have to suggest that to my boss.
         
        07-04-2010, 02:38 PM
      #20
    Foal
    Where are you located in AR? I am near Little Rock and have some used horse shoes lying around.
         

    Quick Reply
    Please help keep the Horse Forum enjoyable by reporting rude posts.
    Message:
    Options

    Register Now

    In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

    Already have a Horse Forum account?
    Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

    New to the Horse Forum?
    Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.

    User Name:
    Password
    Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
    Password:
    Confirm Password:
    Email Address
    Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
    Email Address:

    Log-in

    Human Verification

    In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.


    Old Thread Warning
    This thread is more than 90 days old. When a thread is this old, it is often better to start a new thread rather than post to it. However, If you feel you have something of value to add to this particular thread, you can do so by checking the box below before submitting your post.

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    My Horse Camp Tayz Horse Pictures 8 10-29-2009 02:52 PM
    Have you ever done a camp with your horse? Wallaby Horse Riding 3 04-21-2009 03:55 PM
    Horse Camp... brookelovesparelli Horse Tack and Equipment 7 03-24-2009 08:26 PM
    Help! Horse camp crafts... melinda27858 Horse Talk 11 06-07-2008 05:38 PM
    Horse camp englishcowgrl Horse Talk 13 01-30-2007 06:22 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:36 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0