I am desperate for a showjumping pony.
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

I am desperate for a showjumping pony.

This is a discussion on I am desperate for a showjumping pony. within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        11-16-2010, 11:00 AM
      #1
    Foal
    I am desperate for a showjumping pony.

    I am so desperate for a showjumping pony it almost hurts, showjumping is my dream and I would like to become pro, which is possible as there is an equine college about 10 miles from my house! However I will have to wait till spring before we even start trying to loan/sell my little pony so I can loan/buy a showjumper Its horrible because my bestfriend Louise has two showjumping ponies, and has already won money and done big competitions! And we both keep our horses at the same livery yard, so its sorta sickening to go into our arena and find a HUGE jump up from what she last did, for me to have to put it down to a tiny one so my little pony red can manage it I'm just wondering what I could perhaps do to ease the awkwardness and heartache of being so desperate to showjump properly and have my own top pony?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        11-16-2010, 12:56 PM
      #2
    Foal
    Could you perhaps share another horse? Or have lessons on a jumper ask for them for christmas or birthday if it's coming up? And would your friend not let you have a little go on one of hers?
    I know what you mean I got my pony back in august and he's only ever hacked so we're concentrating on schooling at the moment but my yard doesn't have a school so even that will have to wait till summer! And I'm itching to get jumping again and do competitions and things so your not the only one! Haha
         
        11-16-2010, 01:45 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    Since you already have a pony, why don't you get your groundwork perfect while you wait for your jumper pony? Just set up groundpole courses and work on perfecting yourself.

    I think I'll also point out the obvious... be thankful you have a pony to begin with. Lots of girls want a pony and can't have one.
         
        11-16-2010, 02:45 PM
      #4
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by ptvintage    
    Since you already have a pony, why don't you get your groundwork perfect while you wait for your jumper pony? Just set up groundpole courses and work on perfecting yourself.

    I think I'll also point out the obvious... be thankful you have a pony to begin with. Lots of girls want a pony and can't have one.
    Yes I completely agree with you on saying be thankful I have a pony in the first place, I meant to put it on my thread, but your suggestion is what I've been doing the past couple of days, I am training him to become bombproof and easy and steady for a little child who will probably have him next, being on 13hh and a welsh sec b he is fine, and he would make a fabulous little show pony, he has an amazing jump on him too, but doesnt particulary enjoy it and often stops, but on a good day he has done 3ft. Thankyou for your suggestion and I will carry on doing it :)
         
        11-16-2010, 02:47 PM
      #5
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by JessXxX    
    could you perhaps share another horse? Or have lessons on a jumper ask for them for christmas or birthday if it's coming up? And would your friend not let you have a little go on one of hers?
    I know what you mean I got my pony back in august and he's only ever hacked so we're concentrating on schooling at the moment but my yard doesn't have a school so even that will have to wait till summer! And I'm itching to get jumping again and do competitions and things so your not the only one! Haha
    Yeah, your right my mate does let me have a go on her ponies, but whenever I ask to ride them I feel like I bug her or annoy her when I keep asking to jump them if you understand? :\ :P
         
        11-16-2010, 02:50 PM
      #6
    Weanling
    Your pony red is adorable btw! Why don't you sell him for money to get a bigger horse?
         
        11-16-2010, 02:56 PM
      #7
    Foal
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by countmystrides    
    your pony red is adorable btw! Why don't you sell him for money to get a bigger horse?
    Thanks! Yeah he is a beaut :) and my mum doesnt want to sell him, she doesnt want to do anything until spring :\ we have such a strong bond and were both afraid to let him go because even if we found the right people, they may sell him on to the wrong people who may treat him bad, I know this isnt how I shud think especially as im going into the horse industry (studying at celyn equine college when im 16) but red is my first proper pony, my bond with him is so strong. But he must go somehow, my mum will only sell him if we can't find me a good showjumper to loan.:)
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Soldier in desperate need of prayers Azale1 General Off Topic Discussion 6 09-27-2010 03:04 PM
    Some horses in desperate need of homes! JumpingTheMoon Horses for Sale 3 11-17-2009 06:13 PM
    Flesh Wound! Desperate for help!!! Small_Town_Girl Horse Health 16 02-21-2008 08:57 PM
    pls help im desperate!! Babyrowz Horse Training 5 01-02-2008 05:28 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:49 AM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0