I dont think im gonna ever get to show my horse!!!!!!!!! - The Horse Forum
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 25 Old 01-26-2011, 09:36 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,365
• Horses: 2
I dont think im gonna ever get to show my horse!!!!!!!!!

im very mad and dissappointed cause I think my trainer doesnt want me to show my horse this spring. Her daughter and I were talking about it showing and she says " well my mom says were putting my mare and our other gelding in stalls this spring to get them ready for showing" and I said " what about Shaggy?" and she says "i don't know what were doing with shaggy"

her attiude when she said it was "like I don't think your showing"

I think its because they're ( her mom that's my trainer and her daughter) afriad i'll beat there stupid horses because they know shaggy is an amazing and better horse

and personly I know shaggy could be them because unlike them he listens and respects his rider!

Talking to your horse is sometimes all the therapy you need.
Check out my new Blog
Sights from the Saddle
shaggy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 25 Old 01-26-2011, 10:04 PM
Started
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Quebec
Posts: 1,847
• Horses: 0
Ouf... (so happy I haven't gone through any barn drama in my life yet!)

My 2 cents: (achem) Well your a payign customer so I would go over and tell her you want to show and if she says no... then ask why. If you're a good rider, then any excuse she would give would probably be absolutely ridiculous.
Because an only good reason to say no would be if you and your horse weren't ready or : we have so many riders we can't possibly fit you in because there is no room in the trailer.

Talk to the mother... Push push push. You want to show, she shouldn't stop you for such selfish (and immature) reason (if that is the reason of course). She should think of you as a prospect for promoting the quality of her barn and it's horse/riders.

Hope this helped... I can understand your frustration. :/

A ride a day keeps the worries away!
Hidalgo13 is offline  
post #3 of 25 Old 01-26-2011, 11:24 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,365
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hidalgo13 View Post
Ouf... (so happy I haven't gone through any barn drama in my life yet!)

My 2 cents: (achem) Well your a payign customer so I would go over and tell her you want to show and if she says no... then ask why. If you're a good rider, then any excuse she would give would probably be absolutely ridiculous.
Because an only good reason to say no would be if you and your horse weren't ready or : we have so many riders we can't possibly fit you in because there is no room in the trailer.

Talk to the mother... Push push push. You want to show, she shouldn't stop you for such selfish (and immature) reason (if that is the reason of course). She should think of you as a prospect for promoting the quality of her barn and it's horse/riders.

Hope this helped... I can understand your frustration. :/
thanks Hidalgo13 I wish it was as simple as to many riders but its not im the only rider besides her daughter and its not because ertr not ready cause we can do a simple walk trot class no problem ya know but I just get this feeling she doesnt want me to show cause she's afraid of Shaggy beating her daughter and her mare ( whose suposed to have all this training but is completely crazy) and your right I need to talk to the mother but she's never comes up to barn (its on her property) when im there or anything. I've been trying to give her til spring to shape up but I don't think im going to make it!

Talking to your horse is sometimes all the therapy you need.
Check out my new Blog
Sights from the Saddle
shaggy is offline  
post #4 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 08:44 AM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Gloomy Indianapolis
Posts: 791
• Horses: 1
Why give her the option? He's your horse, you pay to keep him at this barn, take the initiative and get him ready. If she is your trainer she should want you to show and do well to increase her chances of getting more clients. But even if she doesn't want to, offer to pay her for hauling and she has no choice. Why are they putting them in stalls to get them ready to show? Is it to make sure they're shed out? When is the first show? When I show for about a month before hand we try to make sure they don't get any bite marks, do a lot of grooming, etc... We don't stall them though, not until we give them their major bath before the show and that's only a day or two beforehand at the most.

Have you considered the possibility that it may just be her DAUGHTER that doesn't want you to show? Maybe SHE is the one that is afraid you'll beat her and since her mother isn't around that much she is trying to make you feel like her mother feels the same.
Jacksmama is offline  
post #5 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 11:18 AM
Showing
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: MD
Posts: 23,907
• Horses: 2
Well, first of all (not trying to offend) he may not be ready for the show from trainer's point of view. Since we don't know you, your horse, and your trainer it's hard to judge. However if you think he IS ready then just show. He's your horse and it's your decision on whether to show him or not.
kitten_Val is offline  
post #6 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Started
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Middle-of-Nowhere, Illinois
Posts: 2,221
• Horses: 1
I have my doubts about them not wanting you to show because you might "beat them". That's extremely immature. I agree with Jacksmama, it might just be the daughter thinking that. How old is she?

But... if your trainer does say no, I don't think there's much you can do about it. It's her property, her trailer, her truck. What she says goes (unless you're hauling your horse yourself. If that's the case, you can do whatever you want). I can't imagine why your coach of all people wouldn't want you to show. Why don't you ask her about it?

"A musician must make music, an artist must paint, a poet must write, if he is ultimately to be at peace with himself.
What a man can be, he must be.
" Abraham Maslow, 1968
Jessabel is offline  
post #7 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 09:29 PM
Foal
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 36
• Horses: 0
you don't really have to put a horse in a stall during the winter to get them ready to show in the spring? As long as they don't come out of the field looking like skeletons they're A okayyy to go play at shows. If you're paying to show and board and train, im sure you're trainer will be happy to take you to shows regardless of what her daughter says. You sound young, but I would first talk things over with your mom about your showing goals, and if you do want to stable your horse in a stall for preparation. And then go to your trainer. Im sure her daughter isn't intentionally being malicious by saying she doesn't want you to show because you'll beat her, but you may not be ready to show.
drizzy is offline  
post #8 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 09:58 PM
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: South Sutton, NH
Posts: 923
• Horses: 3
How old are you? I would have my parents talk to your trainer and see if you are worried about the relationship being severed or something. Something like this happened to me and my mom got really mad and talked to the people and they changed their minds. So that might be a good idea as well.

Gizmo is offline  
post #9 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 10:08 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,365
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacksmama View Post
Why give her the option? He's your horse, you pay to keep him at this barn, take the initiative and get him ready. If she is your trainer she should want you to show and do well to increase her chances of getting more clients. But even if she doesn't want to, offer to pay her for hauling and she has no choice. Why are they putting them in stalls to get them ready to show? Is it to make sure they're shed out? When is the first show? When I show for about a month before hand we try to make sure they don't get any bite marks, do a lot of grooming, etc... We don't stall them though, not until we give them their major bath before the show and that's only a day or two beforehand at the most.

Have you considered the possibility that it may just be her DAUGHTER that doesn't want you to show? Maybe SHE is the one that is afraid you'll beat her and since her mother isn't around that much she is trying to make you feel like her mother feels the same.
keeping them in s stall is to thin them down there all so fat including mine lol and you could be right but she's not smart enough to lie to me ( I know that's mean but its true lol) I know right I wiould think she would want me to show!

Talking to your horse is sometimes all the therapy you need.
Check out my new Blog
Sights from the Saddle
shaggy is offline  
post #10 of 25 Old 01-27-2011, 10:11 PM Thread Starter
Yearling
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Tennessee
Posts: 1,365
• Horses: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten_Val View Post
Well, first of all (not trying to offend) he may not be ready for the show from trainer's point of view. Since we don't know you, your horse, and your trainer it's hard to judge. However if you think he IS ready then just show. He's your horse and it's your decision on whether to show him or not.
lol non taken and if I didnt think he was ready I wouldnt even consider it but I know he can do a simple walk/trot class and that's really all I need to start off with anyway (mainly cause I can't canter really well yet lol)

Talking to your horse is sometimes all the therapy you need.
Check out my new Blog
Sights from the Saddle
shaggy is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to be able to post messages on the The Horse Forum forums, you must first register.

Already have a Horse Forum account?
Members are allowed only one account per person at the Horse Forum, so if you've made an account here in the past you'll need to continue using that account. Please do not create a new account or you may lose access to the Horse Forum. If you need help recovering your existing account, please Contact Us. We'll be glad to help!

New to the Horse Forum?
Please choose a username you will be satisfied with using for the duration of your membership at the Horse Forum. We do not change members' usernames upon request because that would make it difficult for everyone to keep track of who is who on the forum. For that reason, please do not incorporate your horse's name into your username so that you are not stuck with a username related to a horse you may no longer have some day, or use any other username you may no longer identify with or care for in the future.



User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in









Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hmm, make sure you dont send your horse to this 'trainer' speedy da fish Horse Videos 24 07-10-2010 09:26 AM
Only For People Who Dont Have A Horse- Saving Up For One Lovehorsesandrunning Horse Talk 8 04-02-2010 07:42 PM
Plz dont say my horse is evil, this is her story ox-tuff_rider-xo Horse Stories and Poems 14 06-05-2009 09:58 PM
oh no! i dont think im feeding my horse right! sandy2u1 Horse Health 9 08-04-2008 03:37 PM
what happens if u dont worm ur horse read on.. thxs HorsesAreForever Horse Health 18 11-25-2007 09:47 PM

Posting Rules  
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome