One Word: Bucking.
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

One Word: Bucking.

This is a discussion on One Word: Bucking. within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category
  • How to cure a bucking horse
  • Curing bucking horse

Like Tree1Likes

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
    08-02-2011, 11:53 AM
  #1
Foal
One Word: Bucking.

Whew.. okay. My horse totally had three bucking fits last night. The last one she threw me off, but I landed on my feet, (thank God). Lol She is a Morab and can get pretty temperamental. I've been around horses all my life, but this is the first time I have had a young one, I'm thinking she's around 6. Any suggestions as to cure bucking? I already have hobbled her and still made her lunge in a circle and done different exercises with her. But for when I'm on her back, what would you do? :)
     
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
    08-02-2011, 12:33 PM
  #2
Weanling
When she starts bucking, pull her head up from her knees as high as you can get it. Sit right back, push your heals forward and when she stops, set her off at a trot and do a few circles with her. Its hard to buck at a trot. Have her back, tack and teeth checked as these may be causing pain leading to bucking.
Don't get angry with her (e.g shouting at her, slapping her etc)
     
    08-02-2011, 12:36 PM
  #3
Foal
Okay thanks! She is actually quite talented. She was bucking in a trot. And she managed to buck while being hobbled too. I didn't hit her or shout or anything until she threw me. There was a storm yesterday so maybe that threw her off too. :)
     
    08-02-2011, 12:40 PM
  #4
Green Broke
You may want to investigate the cause of her bucking (i.e. Tack fit). Is this bucking something that is new for her? How long have you had her?

Just a couple of queries:

Quote:
Originally Posted by My Morgan Genevieve    
I already have hobbled her and still made her lunge in a circle and done different exercises with her.
Did you lunge her while she was hobbled?


Quote:
Originally Posted by My Morgan Genevieve    
And she managed to buck while being hobbled too. I didn't hit her or shout or anything until she threw me.
Were you riding her hobbled?
     
    08-02-2011, 12:43 PM
  #5
Foal
This came out of her for the first time while I was on her back yesterday. I've only had her for three months, so I think some of her ugly side is coming out. :P She was a rescue horse, so I have no clue what they did to her either. =/ It's rather sad.

Lol, I did make her run while hobbled, but only for a few minutes. No, I was not on her back while she was hobbled.
     
    08-02-2011, 12:46 PM
  #6
Banned
You could, um, break her legs by making her move hobbled. The point of hobbling is to teach a horse to stand still.

I think you need to call in an outside trainer to assess. This sounds to be beyond your experience level. I also very much question a pain response if the bucking has just started up suddenly.
     
    08-02-2011, 12:47 PM
  #7
Foal
It may have been the storm if you say she doesn't really do it much. My one horse Stetson is a nice sweet and gentle horse but when there is a storm in the area he can go crazy. He's almost thrown me off when we were riding outside before a storm hit. He gets super sensitive to everything and spooks and almost everything. And he normally is an almost bomb proof horse
     
    08-02-2011, 12:50 PM
  #8
Green Broke
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Morgan Genevieve    
This came out of her for the first time while I was on her back yesterday. I've only had her for three months, so I think some of her ugly side is coming out. :P She was a rescue horse, so I have no clue what they did to her either. =/ It's rather sad.

Lol, I did make her run while hobbled, but only for a few minutes. No, I was not on her back while she was hobbled.
Being a rescue does not equate to bucking so I wouldn't even factor that thought into the bucking issue.

If you have been around horses all your life why on earth did you lunge her while she was hobbled? That's incredibly dangerous and completely contradictory.
     
    08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
  #9
Foal
@Jumpehunter. That's how Gene is too! She is usually SO diligent and willing to learn, and oh so gentle. But yesterday, 'I' even felt that she was off.

@Bubu13.
Quote:
I think you need to call in an outside trainer to assess. This sounds to be beyond your experience level. I also very much question a pain response if the bucking has just started up suddenly.
__________________

She is not passed my experience level, sorry. :P
     
    08-02-2011, 12:53 PM
  #10
Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Morgan Genevieve    

She is not passed my experience level, sorry. :P
Then why are you asking for help on a forum? And why do you not already know how to stop bucking (hint: it's not with hobbles)? And why are you jeopardizing your horse's tendons/ligaments/bones/welfare?
     

Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Check Word DoubleJ2 Rodeo 3 03-14-2011 06:14 PM
Check Word DoubleJ2 Barrel Racing 5 02-16-2011 10:55 PM
Think of a word... speedy da fish Games 136 11-27-2010 07:49 PM
JsJ204 any word yet? stacieandtheboys Horse Breeding 2 06-14-2009 07:48 PM



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0