Posting help!
   

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

Posting help!

This is a discussion on Posting help! within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

    Like Tree4Likes

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        09-20-2013, 09:02 PM
      #1
    Weanling
    Posting help!

    I tried to take my stirrups off and work on posting from my thighs and core. It didn't go well. I can barely get myself out of my saddle. What am I doing wrong? Is it that I am just not strong enough in my thighs and core yet? Any tips or advice?
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        09-20-2013, 09:17 PM
      #2
    Super Moderator
    It could be that. It could also be that your horse is giving you very little energy to post OFF of, and one needs the energy to help. If you really want a helpful critique, post a good video of you riding, at the various gaits .
         
        09-20-2013, 09:34 PM
      #3
    Weanling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by tinyliny    
    It could be that. It could also be that your horse is giving you very little energy to post OFF of, and one needs the energy to help. If you really want a helpful critique, post a good video of you riding, at the various gaits .
    OK, I can see if one of the girls will take a video tomorrow!
         
        09-20-2013, 09:46 PM
      #4
    Banned
    I find its easier to post without sturips if your horse is trotting with energy not poking around.
         
        09-20-2013, 09:49 PM
      #5
    Super Moderator
    You are probably standing in your stirrups rather than truly posting. Try dropping your stirrups, sitting up straight and then rolling yourself into the post, using your thighs. Be sure you don't pinch with your knees...
         
        09-20-2013, 09:51 PM
      #6
    Super Moderator
    That takes courage, for sure. I posted one way back and it was scary, but everyone was very nice to me.
         
        09-20-2013, 09:54 PM
      #7
    Super Moderator
    And they will be nice to you or I shall release the bodily gasses that I am most famous for...
    RedAce and pbeebs like this.
         
        09-20-2013, 09:57 PM
      #8
    Yearling
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by farmpony84    
    You are probably standing in your stirrups rather than truly posting. Try dropping your stirrups, sitting up straight and then rolling yourself into the post, using your thighs. Be sure you don't pinch with your knees...
    As a posty-student just starting out, there is a Lucille Ball sketch in this statement for sure.

    Seriously... squeeze with your thighs but don't pinch the knees. My knees are broken. When I squeeze with my thighs, my knees naturally come together.

    Actually, this was a good post. "rolling yourself with your thighs" - I can visualize that. Not sure if my thighs will participate but I can visualize it.
    bsms likes this.
         
        09-20-2013, 09:59 PM
      #9
    Super Moderator
    Quote:
    Originally Posted by AQHSam    
    As a posty-student just starting out, there is a Lucille Ball sketch in this statement for sure.

    Seriously... squeeze with your thighs but don't pinch the knees. My knees are broken. When I squeeze with my thighs, my knees naturally come together.

    Actually, this was a good post. "rolling yourself with your thighs" - I can visualize that. Not sure if my thighs will participate but I can visualize it.
    Great, now all I can see is Lucy and Ethel with that tonic they were selling. Those bandannas on their heads and the are now riding horses only their legs are Barbie doll straight and Lucy is wailing!
         
        09-20-2013, 10:05 PM
      #10
    Foal
    I think it just takes practice! You're going to feel like a wet noodle bouncing all over the place til you build up those muscles. Keep at it.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Posting HorseLoverHunter English Riding 15 07-21-2011 10:04 PM
    posting farmpony84 English Riding 22 07-20-2011 09:27 PM
    Posting? supermissdeedee Western Riding 3 07-14-2011 12:58 AM
    What is posting? ShowJumpingGirl Horse Riding 3 09-01-2010 02:48 AM
    Help Posting? eaferg English Riding 11 03-30-2010 05:40 PM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 07:50 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0