Professionals demonstrating my "Opinion"--watch these vids - Page 13
 
 

       The Horse Forum > Riding Horses > Horse Riding

Professionals demonstrating my "Opinion"--watch these vids

This is a discussion on Professionals demonstrating my "Opinion"--watch these vids within the Horse Riding forums, part of the Riding Horses category

     
    LinkBack Thread Tools
        06-29-2011, 04:49 AM
      #121
    Green Broke
    I can't hear sound anyway. My speakers are broken.

    Yes I've done that sort of work plenty of times before, but I also know when something is beyond my experiance and I have to pass the horse on. Further more I can recognise when a horse truely is aggressive and when it is just scared or confused. I can tell which horses will come right and which ones probably never will and I am responsible enough to have the horse shot rather then risk someones life. The vast majority of the horses I have had have come from auctions where there were kill buyers. The kill buyers pay decent money over here so non of them have been cheap.
    Pride cost me 800 from the meat man so I only buy horses that I can do something with. I don't buy ill conformed horses, horses who never have any potential to go on to be stars. Pride was a stunning, very well conformed pony who had the potential to do very very well in the show ring (and ultimately did do extremely well and turned into the best horse on the yard, he has his own fanclub in the local PC and I have loads of people wanting him on loan) Pride was aggressive but it was all fear, he has had it beaten into him, litteraly someone had taken a yard brush and beaten the S*** out of him to the point he had had to fight back or die, so he learnt to fight, he learnt to be preemptive and attack you before you could attack him, all he needed was to learn that he could trust, that I was the leader and if he stepped out of line he would get punished but it would never be to that extent, it would never be for no reason and it would never be if I had given him unclear instructions. Yes I have smacked Pride when the situation warrented it, but it was always made abundantly clear why he was getting the smack.

    Oscar had been in a stable fire and had come to associate people with the painful changing of dressings. Unfortunatly 3 yrs of trying with him did not help and the day came when he ripped of that girls ear that we just had to say enough was enough.

    Sherbert had something wrong in his head I'm sure of it. I have never met such a nasty, aggressive horse who was out to kill people.

    I love my horses, but no horse is worth my life or my future, I will sell a horse on if I can't cope, I will have a horse shot if it is dangerous.
         
    Sponsored Links
    Advertisement
     
        06-29-2011, 05:08 AM
      #122
    Showing
    DSJ, I don't think anyone here even knows what your point is anymore. I think we're all agreeing to basically the same thing:
    Horses get screwed up. Horses can experience anxiety. A lot of horse issues are caused by humans, though I must write a disclaimer that some horses truly are screwed up due to some other force of nature (i.e. Tumor, misfiring neurons.)
    A lot of horses can be fixed. Some cannot. You said so yourself that 80% was a good percentage of horses that can be fixed. What about the other 20% though? What about the 20% that your own proclaimed professionals can't fix? 20% is a significant number. If 20% of most cases cannot be fixed by professionals.... what then? What are non-pros supposed to do?
    I don't understand what you're arguing here... Can you please clarify??
    I really really think that you might want to take a step back here and realize that NOBODY is saying that horses can't get screwed up - the big fight stemmed from the suggestion that people (no matter their experience level) should never sell a problem horse; they should stick with it even if they can't do a darn thing with the animal, because the person made a commitment when they bought the horse.
         
        06-29-2011, 06:49 AM
      #123
    Showing
    Enough. Sunny (and others were not liars - I removed the post concerning "high school girls" and another mod removed others). Ignorance is not trying to understand someone's point beyond your own - you wanted to leave so now you have it.
         

    Thread Tools

    Similar Threads
    Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
    Watch out for scary "Wild" horses smrobs Horse Videos 17 12-09-2008 04:08 PM
    Wanna watch the "Twilight" movie? Small_Town_Girl General Off Topic Discussion 10 12-02-2008 12:44 AM



    All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:53 PM.


    Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
    Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
    Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0